Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Got Your New Clothing/Jewelry Yet?
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 6:34 pm
I don't think I'm getting any thing either - I mean,I bought whitefish and a new bottle of nail polish, but that's not what the Rambam had in mind ...

nicole81

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 6:40 pm
whitefish Smile

I have a pair of earrings on hold that match a necklace of mine for whenever we have enough money for dh to surprise me. perhaps next year!

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 6:43 pm
I bought a rain coat, a sweater, and a jacket for yontif.

I'm hoping DH will surprise me with a glass honey dish- ive dropped enough hints!

mimivan

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 6:08 pm
Oh it's this thread again...
I'm glad for women who are getting lots of nice things, but it is the husbands' obligation to buy something for his wife and I think this thread kind of throws it in the face of women whose husbands "forget"'etc.. or sadly (as we see from the many Shalom bayis threads) don't care...

Kind of like asking, "so does YOUR husband gratefully babysit on mikveh night" or "with how much feeling does YOUR husband sing Aishes Chayil."

I would hate to think that a thread like this causes suffering to some women...

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 8:23 pm
mimivan wrote:
I'm glad for women who are getting lots of nice things, but it is the husbands' obligation to buy something for his wife and I think this thread kind of throws it in the face of women whose husbands "forget"'etc.. or sadly (as we see from the many Shalom bayis threads) don't care...

Kind of like asking, "so does YOUR husband gratefully babysit on mikveh night" or "with how much feeling does YOUR husband sing Aishes Chayil."

I would hope that we are all adults here, and if someone doesn't care to read it, then they scroll on by!

octopus

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 8:28 pm
hmmmmmmm.... I took his credit card and bought myself a new dress. I guess that counts! LOL

Atali

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 9:22 pm
mimivan wrote:

Or can't afford it...

heffer569

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:39 pm
I never understood why people ask what your dh bought you for yom tov Im a big girl and can buy my own clothes.
So far for yom tov I have bought 8 sweaters/vests. I bought 2 dresses 4 skirts 5 pair of shoes two winter coats a new fall and I think thats it. The jewelry I put on hold and told the owner of the store to call dh and tell him your wife was here this is what she wants this way he doesnt buy something I dont like.
As for me buying alot of clothes I admit I need shopaholics anonymous I cant go into a store and not buy something another reason to leave dh at home he hates waiting while I try things on.
Now all this talk has me wanting to shop I guess to Coney Island I go first thing tommorow.

willow

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 5:40 am
Atali wrote:
mimivan wrote:

Or can't afford it...

[b]
That is what I was thinking

mimivan

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 5:53 am
willow wrote:
Atali wrote:
mimivan wrote:

Or can't afford it...

[b]

someone who is poor could buy a simple scarf or even something second-hand...it says in the SA a husband ought to give his wife something for Yom Tov...which is why I think this thread can be hurtful to those who consistently don't receive anything...It is like asking a woman "So, did you dh have relations with you on mikveh night?"

bnm

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 5:59 am
Is a new night gown eligible? I really want the Hindys's maternity nursing nightgown... maybe I should send my husband a link to this thread.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 8:53 am
you can't email threads here. imamotehr is for ladies only.

bnm

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 8:55 am
so how do I let my husband know I want a gift? telling him outright doesn't work.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 9:01 am
I don't know, but bringing a man onto Imamother is not the way !

Atali

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 9:31 am
mimivan wrote:
willow wrote:
Atali wrote:
mimivan wrote:

Or can't afford it...

[b]

someone who is poor could buy a simple scarf or even something second-hand...it says in the SA a husband ought to give his wife something for Yom Tov...which is why I think this thread can be hurtful to those who consistently don't receive anything...It is like asking a woman "So, did you dh have relations with you on mikveh night?"

Not all of us can afford that now either.

beilariva

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 9:39 am
bnm wrote:
so how do I let my husband know I want a gift? telling him outright doesn't work.

You talk to the wife of his chevruta, friend or Rav and they will then talk to him as if they are just suggesting the idea of giving you a gift. He'll never know you had anything to do with it. At least this is the idea. Has worked before... Very Happy

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 10:15 am
I married a Baal Teshuva he never heard of the "Buy the wife new jewelry" for Rosh Hashana minhag. Oh well.
But we wait only 3 hours from fleishig to milchig so marrying a BT does have it's positive side!!
:-)

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 10:18 am
ValleyMom wrote:

But we wait only 3 hours from fleishig to milchig so marrying a BT does have it's positive side!!
:-)

Please, please. This has nothing to do with being a BT. There are FFB charedi and all who wait 1 hour and very light MO and BTs and whatever you want who wait 6 hours. It's a minhag, not a BT thing. If you do it because he is a BT I suggest you ask a rav sooner than later.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 10:44 am
yOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT??!

GAMZu

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 12:39 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
yOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT??!
She's serious and I agree with her. You might not have meant what you said the way you phrased it, but it sounds WRONG. You said you wait 3 hours because DH is a BT... if that's not what you meant, I'm confused.
Page 12 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics