Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Photos: My Mimi sheitel and Me:)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

mizle10

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 3:16 pm
I'm a little confused here. How can they be the same quality as expensive sheitels when you say they only last 2 years and a shevy lasts 5+ years?

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 3:25 pm
Let me know when you'll be in Lakewood Smile My mom is looking for a new wig.

Last edited by MrsDash on Tue, May 08 2012, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arcy

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 3:25 pm
so pretty! wear it well. hope it lasts a long time!!!

mimishkl

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 9:08 pm
I Didn't say it lasts 2 years. What I said is that I wear mine for 2 1/2 years now. Thank you for all those that offered to host my wigs. I will contact you in a few days.

OutATowner

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 9:14 pm
Mimi- Any tips on how to wash your wigs (what you use, etc) ? I can't imagine paying $35 a wash if the sheitel was $275.
Posted here instead of emailing you so others can benefit too.
TIA!

sky

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 9:28 pm
OutATowner wrote:
Mimi- Any tips on how to wash your wigs (what you use, etc) ? I can't imagine paying $35 a wash if the sheitel was $275.
Posted here instead of emailing you so others can benefit too.
TIA!

Why not? If you wash every 3 months:
Figure a 2000 sheitel over 4 years = $400/year = $33/month. + $12 wash and set = $45.
Consider this the same. Just over 3 years it comes out to less than $8/month. + $12 wash and set = $20.

Why not wash and set it?

I have a sheitel that was $350. I wash and set it and wear it like my better sheitel.

mimishkl

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 11:39 pm
Sure. What I do is I make the hair wet with warm water then pour shampoo on the wig and lather softly. then rinse. after that apply a small amount of conditioner let it sit for 5 minutes. then I rinse it well with warm water. after that I place it on a towel, roll the towel with the wig inside. make sure all the water is out. then I place it on a foam head and brush gently. once I'm done with that I add a small amount of morracan oil on my palm I smear it onto the hair. I then let it sit for about a half hour, once its damp I pin the wig to the head and I then take a round brush and start blowing. (for a more sleek look I use a flat iron, or for curls use a curling iron) if the bangs don't lay nicely on your forhead? After setting it place a piece of paper on it and pin it down leave it for overnight.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 11:56 pm
Mimi, when are you being in Boro Park next? I am really getting tempted!

neveralone

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 3:01 am
is the more expencive-$360 (shorter, thicker) better quality than the sheitle thats $275, do you think itll last longer? can I just cut the longer one to be shorter or it wont look good because its thinner? TIA

mimishkl

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 10:31 am
The $360 has thicker and more hair. I wouldn't reccomend cutting the long one too short. Since it doesn't have enough hair ontop. but has perfect hair to wear long and pony. I can't tell you how many years it lasts since I'm only selling it for a year. but what I see is its a quality wig. would give it 4 years.

anonymrs

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 6:35 pm
mimi, do you have band falls?

mimishkl

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 7:08 pm
Not yet. working on it.

neveralone

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 2:01 am
mimi any news about getting in more colors?

mimishkl

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 10:58 am
Sorry no, Not yet!

lamplighter

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 2:58 pm
can they be highlighted lighter?

OutATowner

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 3:15 pm
Quote:
Why not? If you wash every 3 months:
Figure a 2000 sheitel over 4 years = $400/year = $33/month. + $12 wash and set = $45.
Consider this the same. Just over 3 years it comes out to less than $8/month. + $12 wash and set = $20.

The reason I spent $275 on a sheitel is because I don't have $2000 to use on a sheitel. I still want to take good care of it, though, I am willing to invest in oils/creams that aare the price of 1 or 2 washes, but will last me a year. Also, I'm only wearing this one and I can't always get my sheitel done professionally the same day. For yom tov I will though.

Quote:
Sure. What I do is I make the hair wet with warm water then pour shampoo on the wig and lather softly. then rinse. after that apply a small amount of conditioner let it sit for 5 minutes. then I rinse it well with warm water. after that I place it on a towel, roll the towel with the wig inside. make sure all the water is out. then I place it on a foam head and brush gently. once I'm done with that I add a small amount of morracan oil on my palm I smear it onto the hair. I then let it sit for about a half hour, once its damp I pin the wig to the head and I then take a round brush and start blowing. (for a more sleek look I use a flat iron, or for curls use a curling iron) if the bangs don't lay nicely on your forhead? After setting it place a piece of paper on it and pin it down leave it for overnight.

Thanks. Ya, I had some trouble with the bangs. I clipped them back with a flat clip and they're falling into place. The doesn't feel as smooth, though. I will try to get that oil.

happyone

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 3:16 pm
Let me know when you get blondes in.. would love to try it. it looks great!

smile85

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:22 pm
Mine wasn't as soft as the sample either. With the oil and everything.

It looks good on me, so whatever. But it's disappointing not getting what you thought you were getting.

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:27 pm
I was really impressed with the sample, but I also got a different one than what I was shown. The seam is on the other side and the bangs are shorter. It is NOT multidirectional like I was told. I took mine to the sheitel macher today and she is washing and setting it but she told me not to expect the hair to look any different than when I bought it in. I guess I'll wear it anyway. I hope I'll learn to like it.

Edited a day later: My shaitel macher washed and set it and I was pleasantly surprised. The ends are smooth, not choppy anymore, and the hair looks like real hair now. Still upset about the part being on the wrong side, but now I'm happy with the shaitel looking as it does.

Last edited by groisamomma on Thu, May 17 2012, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sherri

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:34 pm
Anyone else have feedback?
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels