Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Pots - What company??
1  2  Next

wereafamily

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 11:48 am
I need to get my self two sets of pots... dairy I dont make often so I can get myself something cheap but for meat I need something good(!).

Whats the going price in New York? Whats the going company? In Israel I used Soltam pots.

Thanks

bigprincess

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 11:58 am
For dairy I have kitchenaid and it's not good, the food always burns. For meat I have anolon, it's expensive but great. My sister has lagostina which is also great.

mom2cutee

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 12:08 pm
I have these Rachel Ray stainless steel pots for Fleishig:

http://www.amazon.com/Rachael-.....ZVSB0

I really like them and would reccomend them. These are my first set of pots so I can't compare with anything else.

They are great because:
-can see through the lid
-easy to wash
-silicone handles
-dishwasher safe
-oven safe
-thick bottom/food never burns

The only con is that it's very hard to clean after I make chicken soup. The inside, where the handles are, gets brown and impossible to clean. I think the steel is ruined.

peppermint

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 4:45 pm
Calphalon makes great pots. But they are way overpriced Drunken Smile

mom2be1

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 4:54 pm
I have these pots from QVC:

Broken Link

They come in really fun colors food totally doesnt stick or burn and the company stands behind thier products(like if a cover cracks theyll send you a new one)

amother

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 5:04 pm
(anon, because people could figure out who I am.)

Wanda and Paula of only-cookware.com are colleagues of mine with whom I'm quite friendly. I know that they did a ton of research to put together all the cookware reviews on that site.

P.S. Who says "cookware"? I say "set of pots"!

bwaybabe85

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 5:08 pm
Another vote for Calphalon. I have non-stick for milchigs and stainless steel for fleishigs.

Happy18

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 6:49 pm
I love my calphalon pots. I have non stick for dairy and stainless steel for fleishig. They are amazing!!!!! They cook so evenly I had another set of pots for fleishig origionally but returned them. Good pots will last a lifetime.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 7:00 pm
I have all clad and love them. I also have tupperware pots, they are expensive but they cook the food so so evenly they are perfect for certain things but you have to be willing to spend the money.

tikva18

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 7:05 pm
I have emeril stainless for fleishig and cuisinart stainless for pareve. (no milchigs as we have serious dairy allergies here Sad )

The teflon coating isn't healthy - so that's why I went stainless. I also didn't want aluminum for health reasons.

I don't have an issue with things burning if I'm paying attention (ahem, dinner tonight is, well? a little well done on the bottom - oops). My eggs never burn if I have the heat set at low medium and I use a good oil for high heat - lately I'm using grapeseed oil.

Both sets ran about $150.

de_goldy

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 8:18 pm
tramontina

sneakermom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 9:41 pm
I have the anodized calphalon pots and they are great. They look beautiful, are very sturdy, easy to clean and cook evenly.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 9:44 pm
Farberware works for me.

pina colada

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 10:01 pm
farberware

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 11:02 pm
Cuisinart.

Aribenj

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 11:19 pm
I second rachel ray. Awesome pots!

yentadevosha

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 11:23 pm
I ordered Tools of the Trade from Macy's and I love them. My sil, mil have them and also enjoy them alot. They are not expensive, clean easily, have clear lids and you don't have to buy it in sets, you buy the sizes you need.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 1:30 pm
I have Circulon which is comparable to Calphlon but a little cheaper. I also find that they are not as heavy as the Calphlon pots so they are easier to handle especially when you have a pot full of something. I know at Macy's they always offer extra pots when u buy the set.

wereafamily

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 11:09 pm
THANKS Smile

Now its time to narrow down my search..., but before I do that did anyone have Soltam? - can you tell me what company is similar?

I was looking at prices, Faberware seems great in price but when I did a search some people love it while others are extremely unhappy.

Calphalon seems to be the winning company on this form...humm is it worth it for the price...

September June

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 11:18 pm
My mother still has the Farberware pots she bought when she was a newlywed.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics