Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Dessert for Fri. Night

yentadevosha

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 5:41 pm
I'm making a dessert for my nephew's auf ruf. The family is eating together both shabbos meals. I would liek t make something prettyand delicious to serve Fri. night.

ima22

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 5:49 pm
different flavor sorbets with pareve vanilla ice cream. can be scooped into a bowl or you can defrost the containers partially (or make homemade) and layer into pretty minicups or in a 9x13 pan and then cut into pretty squares / triangles. if plating the dessert you can drizzle with decorative sauce in a coordinating color and maybe a mint leaf.

simple but beautiful presentation and delicious too!

lollygirl

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 8:03 pm
-Warm apple crisp with a scoop of ice cream
-Marbelized chocolate chip pie (kosher pallete II)
-Brownies with ice cream
-Tri-color sorbet
-Ambrosia
-Chocolate mousse cups

shoemaker

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 9:31 pm
napolians
chocolate mousse cups
chocolate rocky road ice cream
peacan tartz
sandwich ice cream

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 9:43 pm
Hot Chocolate ramekins,
chocolate souffle
magic chocolate pudding

sbs

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 11:03 pm
I've done 2 biscotties one chocolate with white choc chips and one white with choc chips on a square plate with a scoop of ice cream and a choc sauce

theres a brownie made in muffin tins with a choc covered mint cookie on the bottom served warm with ice cream (let me know if you want recipe, super easy, doesn't require a mixer)

three color sorbet made in a loaf pan, cut in a slice with some cut fruit

individual strawberry shortcakes (made in martini glasses)

the apple cinnamon rosettes from this site are amazing, I've done them individually in ramekins,

individual choc. chip pies warm with ice cream

strawberries

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 11:19 pm
recipes for all SBS!!

mashcsch

Post Fri, Nov 18 2011, 7:46 am
Can you please, please post the recipe for the apple cinnamon rosettes? I can't find them on this site & I'd like to make them for shabbos!

Simple1

Post Fri, Nov 18 2011, 8:50 am
mashcsch wrote:
Can you please, please post the recipe for the apple cinnamon rosettes? I can't find them on this site & I'd like to make them for shabbos!

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....rt=20

sbs

Post Fri, Nov 18 2011, 9:56 am
strawberries wrote:
recipes for all SBS!!

as I said I don't have specific recipes for them,

you can use any biscotti recipe that calls for retoasting the pieces so they'll be firm and not crummy

strawberry shortcake I either make or buy a white sponge cake and then whip up 2 whips, blend a bag of frozen strawberries defrosted and mix with 3/4 of the whip and add sugar to taste, then layer cake, strawberry whip, cake, strawberry whip, cake, white whip, and either top with strawberry slices or cake crumbles,
ideally I would use all white whip and on top of each white whip layer I would put sliced strawberries, but with the bug issue, too complicated
this makes enough for 1 big trifle or around 15 martini glasses (at least)

apple cinnamon rosettes, from this site

the brownie with cookie underneath is from an old binah magazine, don't have time to post now maybe someone else has it or I'll try to remember to post after shabbos

choc chip pie from dining in
1 deep dish pie crust

filling
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c margarine, melted and cooled
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c choc chips

bake crust 15 minutes, beat eggs, marg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, add dry ingredients, stir in choc chipes, bake in pie crust about 40 minutes, center will be moist, don't overbake, cool for at least 4 hrs. reheat in warm oven b4 serving
I make this in mini frozen pie crusts and adjust baking time, serve with scoop of ice cream

did I miss any, oh, 3 color sorbet
there are lots of recipes, basically it's either fresh fruit or different flavored jellos and grape juice, orange juice, and something green I think, and then you freeze each layer one by one in a loaf pan so it cuts in nice thin slices and looks pretty laying down on a plate

yentadevosha

Post Sat, Nov 19 2011, 9:13 pm
Thanx for all replies. I also have a yummy pecan pie, served warm but I'm afraid that by the time it gets served they get dried out. Anyone know otherwise?

sbs

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 10:06 am
those are yum and can even be made in individual pie crusts and look beautiful
I've had them for dessert warm at the end of a seuda and it was fine,
some things you can experiment with, keeping it covered until main dish is served, or keeping it warm on blech or near oven so it's not under direct heat

CeeWhyGee

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 10:38 am
Quote:
the brownie with cookie underneath is from an old binah magazine, don't have time to post now maybe someone else has it or I'll try to remember to post after shabbos

This sounds amazing, can you please post the recipe?

culinaryk

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 2:48 pm
This is not from the binah but great nonetheless.

Brownie
1/2 cup/s Margarine
3/4 cup/s Flour
1 tablespoon/s Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon/s Salt
5 ounce/s Semisweet Chocolate Chopped
3/4 cup/s Sugar
1/4 cup/s Light Brown Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 teaspoon/s Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
1 cup/s Flour 2 Tbsp
1/2 teaspoon/s Salt
1/2 teaspoon/s Baking Soda
1/2 cup/s Margarine
1/2 cup/s Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 cup/s Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 teaspoon/s Vanilla Extract
6 ounce/s Chocolate Chips

Preparation
Cookie: Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda. Cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour in 2 additions, mixing well after each time. Fold in the chocolate chips by hand. COVER AND REFRIGERATE AT LEAST 3 HOURS.
Brownie: Grease 6 4" round pie tins. Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder. Melt the chocolate and the margarine. Turn off the heat and add both sugars stirring to combine. Add the eggs and mix to combine. Add the vanilla. Pour the flour mixture on top and mix with spatula just to combine. Fill each tin halfway with the batter. Put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Preheat oven 375F. Divide cookie dough into 6 balls. Then form into round disk that is slightly round at the top. Put one disk on top of each tin (that is filled with the brownie). Bake 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through the baking. Serve warm with ice cream.

http://culinarykosher.com/my-r.....XrrBs

Achdus

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 5:44 pm
You can get ideas from http://handsontheparsha.blogspot.com/

sbs

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 10:23 pm
chocolate mint surprise brownies

8 T margarine
8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 c sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1/2 c flour
1/4 c cocoa
12 mint cream cookies (paskesz in green box)

preheat oven to 350, grease muffin tin very well
melt choc and margarine in double boiler, remove from heat, whisk in other ingreients, mix until smooth
place a mint cookie at the bottom of every muffin cup, pour batter over the cookie and fill almost to the top
bake about 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached, it should be slightly fudgy
cool in pan, pop out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics