Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Freedom to Be by Chaya David

NYCIMA

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 3:01 pm
Just finished reading Freedom to Be by Chaya David - LOVED it!!!!! at first the amount of pages was really daunting - who has time??? but once I started I found that I couldn't put it down.

The whole book was so realistic & very well written except for the D-Man part. Am I the only one??

Otherwise I'm looking forward to more great books by this author.

israel22

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 3:30 pm
yeh I enjoyed it very much, liked that fact is was a fat book not transalated and written well (at least I think so Wink) but I wud give this book thumbs up!

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 5:04 pm
just started reading it. having a hard time getting into it. might be because im also in middle of reading the shadow, mind break, and a promise fulfilled.

Scotty

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 1:36 pm
On my TBR (To Be Read) list. I know the author and she is mad talented.

happy mom1

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 2:54 pm
I really enjoyed it. I was sure the boy with adhd was gonna go off the derech too, but it was beautiful how he overcame his challenges and found his path in life. I was quite emotional at certain parts, and I don't usually get that way.
A great read!

zissy2004

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 5:01 pm
Yeah, I read it too, I liked it but found the drug part too graphical.
But I must say, the way they dealt with the ADHD child was beautiful, sometimes I had tears in my eyes...
Well written!
And Scotty, you can see she has talent! Waiting for many more novels :-)

bashinda

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 12:08 pm
not translated?? Wow. Okay it's now on the list Very Happy

asweet

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 12:21 pm
I just finished reading it ! really amazing !!!!!!! I LOVED IT !!! very real... and very sad that these are the feelings kids feel when they go off....
an amazing author..very well written ( I also didn't care for the D-man... it made it "unreal ) but on the whole I really enjoyed it.. I'm a very fast reader and I usually finish books faster then I get them but this one was great it took a long time to read!!

A MUST READ !

realeez

Post Sat, Dec 03 2011, 7:05 pm
I just finished it over shabbos and it is excellent.

I am curious if she purposely "borrowed" Yossi Shachar from Desperate Deceptions (the soldier who died in battle in that book too!) or if it's a coincidence!

The part about D-Man that I found funny was it seemed that from a google search Duvid'l got into a live chat which I didn't think possible...

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Dec 03 2011, 7:26 pm
realeez wrote:

The part about D-Man that I found funny was it seemed that from a google search Duvid'l got into a live chat which I didn't think possible...

I just reread this over Shabbos and enjoyed it, but I am really bothered by that whole library computer scene. I can't imagine how a reputable publishing company can allow a thread like that which is impossible and that anyone with any remote computer knowledge knows couldn't happen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room