Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for chosson from the kallah
Previous  1  2

supermom

Post Tue, Oct 31 2006, 12:07 pm
Not a bad idea.

As for sleeping over at the house I think they say no just encase a person has a taiva?? Confused

queen

Post Tue, Oct 31 2006, 3:15 pm
why doesn't she bake something special for him? That's what I did all the time while we were dating/engaged.

Remember what they all say- the fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Or if you're artistic- go make something for him. My chosson (at the time) loved ice cream, so I made at a ceramic shop a HUGE ice cream bowl which I painted and personalized. We still use it till this day as a serving bowl.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 31 2006, 7:18 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
amother wrote:
Am I the only one who was told it was ok to sleep in the same house before we were married? (We slept on different floors.) My DH even slept over once or twice before we were engaged.

I think that it really depends on who you ask. we asked one rav and he said that it was a big no no but I am sure that there are others that say that it is not such a big no no.

My father, who is my Rav, and my DH's Rav.

supermom

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 6:22 am
Anyone... She still needs a gift to give him and it is thursday already. Any ideas.

queen

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 7:57 am
Did you see my earlier post about her baking him something good?

Mishie

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:23 am
I also used to bake for my DH when we were engaged.
His Parents lived in another country, and he was here in Yeshiva, and it was such a treat for him to have home-baked-goods.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:18 am
amother wrote:
Am I the only one who was told it was ok to sleep in the same house before we were married? (We slept on different floors.) My DH even slept over once or twice before we were engaged.

We slept in the same house while engaged. We had a lot of extenuating circumstances during our engagement, so the rav poskined that it was fine. We were engaged for 9 months, 8 of which he was learning in EY, while I worked in the US. He came home Pesach time to finish wedding plans and figure out where to live, etc. Both are families are not frum, and do not live near one another. So in order to actually see each other, we needed to stay in the same house. His parents had a huge house with a guest room and a private bath on a different floor, far away from DH! For Yom Tov and Shabbos we went to a frum community about 45 minutes away from DH's hometown. He was home for 3 weeks. Went back to EY. Came back about 10 days before the wedding. We got to spend Shavuos together then seperated for a week. It was a little crazy, not your typical engagement at all...but certainly worth it! Very Happy

I bought DH his tallis and tallis bag. I also gave him a large silver bowl to keep by his bed to wash in the morning.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 10:22 am
What about a nice pair of warm leather gloves?
We have a nice cold winter here, so when I got DH gloves he really appreciated them.

supermom

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 1:41 pm
queen wrote:
Did you see my earlier post about her baking him something good?

Now I saw it sorry. I will let her know since she loves to bake. Smile

Buddy

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 2:23 pm
The most enjoyable gift I got from dh is an album w/ pictures from his childhood. It's in chronological order and the last picture of course was from the two of us! I still enjoy looking at it. Maybe she can put one together of herself, she can decorate it real nicely - if she's the type...

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 2:33 pm
how about this?

http://www.redenvelope.com/re/.....nc2=1

amother

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 12:00 pm
The first time I went to my husband for shabbos I bought him a silver becher and he uses it until today. I also bought for his parents a nice cookie jar and baked cookies in it. When he came to me the first time he bought a nice silver vase with flowers.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics