Home

Need dinner ideas for picky husband

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

dans99

Post Posted: Wed, Sep 07 2011, 5:05 pm       Post subject: need dinner ideas for picky husband
DH decided to go on a diet because he gained quite a few pounds since weve been married. Problem is, he is so picky that he pretty much doesn tlike any healthy foods. Here is his ist of forbidden foods: any kind of fish, no vegetables (except lettuce is fine, but hard to make a salad of just lettuce), no chicken on the bone (only cutlets). What to make??

morah

Post Posted: Wed, Sep 07 2011, 5:16 pm       Post subject: re: need dinner ideas for picky husband
You can sneak vegetables into a lot of things- like meatballs- does he eat those? Tomato sauce counts as a vegetable, especially if you make your own so you know what's in it. I would also recommend the cookbooks The Sneaky Chef and Deceptively Delicious. Just because they're geared toward picky kids, doesn't mean you can't use 'em for a picky adult Very Happy

Mrs Bissli

Post Posted: Wed, Sep 07 2011, 5:17 pm       Post subject: re: need dinner ideas for picky husband
How about brown rice, whole-grain bread/pasta, combined with beans and lentils? They're low in fat, good source of fiber and protein, and will keep him feeling full longer. Though no veggies aside from lettuce bit is hard. From my experience, those who claim he/she hates veggies simply have been fed poorly prepared veggies. As for other protein sources, would he try tofu?

gold21

Post Posted: Wed, Sep 07 2011, 6:07 pm       Post subject: re: need dinner ideas for picky husband
u can do chicken cutlets with different marinades, and a lettuce salad with italian dressing.

does he eat soups? u can make a veggie soup, strain out the veggies, and serve the broth.

tsiggelle

Post Posted: Thu, Sep 15 2011, 10:38 am       Post subject: re: need dinner ideas for picky husband
or puree the soup

I like my lettuce salad. with oil,lemon and salt to taste
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1