Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleeping through the night?!/No Cry Sleep Solution/ Ferber
Previous  1  2  3

Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 9:59 am
don't worry, you will get used to it! and on the rare occassion, somewhere in the (hopefully) near future when he will sleep through the night, you will wake up at 6am, just because your body is used to it! Confused

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 6:23 pm
I have just moved my twins to their own room as apposed to sleeping in our room and I will let them cry no more then 10 min I put timer on I also have baby monitor in my room on .
Never thought I would do this but that is why never say never. One reason I do this is to see if they will fall asleep, since if they are trully hungry they will scream not cry and inorder for me to stay sane and enjoy them plus have a family life incl my husband some things have changed in my houshold b"h !!!!!!
Remember 10 min doesn't harm anyone try it!!!

miriam

Post Fri, Jan 14 2005, 2:04 am
A ped came to speak to the young mothers in our community. He gave a great analogy to the baby crying in the middle of the night. The baby rings the room service bell....... ring ring. If there is a response, she/he will keep ringing that bell. If there is no response, they won't ring that button again.

avigayil

Post Wed, Jan 19 2005, 8:52 pm
My mom told me something like that too. I still hate hearing my little man cry. I have a 10 minute policy and then I go in. I am in awe of parents who have lots of kids and can still function.
B'H", when dh and I need a break, my parents take him for a night. Very Happy
I used to feel guilty, but my mom said it really is important to take time for yourself and your spouse every now and then.

Rochel Leah

Post Wed, Jan 19 2005, 9:30 pm
Avigael, you make me feel jealous..cuz my mom owuld do and say the same thing for me but hse lives so far away form me and my inlaws would never do that for us...I cant blmae them they have their own little ones who keep them up at night. ( though sz sleeps through--so he wouldnt really bother them)

Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 8:51 am
If somebody offers to take the children for a night or 2 so you and your husband can have quality time - grab the opertunity! It's so important, your kids will be fine without you, and it will give you and your husband so much! My husband and I have been away, together, just 4 times in the almost 8 years we are parents, but I do cherish those weekends!!!!

avigayil

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 9:00 pm
My parents were over for dinner the other night and told us how their own parents hardly lifted a finger when me and my sibs were born. Their mantra was, "I raised mine, now you raise yours." Therefore they KNOW how important it is to have time to with dh.
We really are grateful too. It's great for my mom too. She always sats she wanted 10 kids, but only had 4. So she gets to delve back into the kid business every now and then. Very Happy

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Jan 22 2005, 11:50 pm
Well, B"H, my little one has been sleeping better...
Instead of waking every 2-3 hours, he's been going 3,4 hr stretches for part of the night. Plus he has a stuffy nose, so that could be why he's awakening more.
I'm wondering if the solids an hour before bedtime are what is helping!
I find that since I started a bedtime routine with him (pajamas, book, nursing...) he falls asleep with less fussing.
I'm reading now "the No Cry Solution" - thanks for the suggestion. Maybe it'l help further!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics