Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
ISO tomato recipes

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 4:06 pm
Someone passed on a bumper crop of tomatoes. Any recipes? Preferably that don't require peeling. Thanks!

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 6:56 pm
My easiest and very tasty, tomatoes, onions or scallions, salt, and a little lemon juice. You let the salt sit on the cut tomatoes for at least 5-10 minutes before mixing. The tomatoes really eat up the salt.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 7:40 pm
Tomato Salad - thinly sliced tomatoes, red onions, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and salt.

one pan Chicken Oreganata
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....art=0

(oven) Sundried Tomatoes

Broiled Tomatoes - cut tomates in half and remove seeds. combine ground almonds with olive oil, fresh garlic, salt and pepper to taste. sprinkle over halved and seeded tomatoes. broil for 5 minutes. serve right away.

Oven Baked Ratatouille - thickly slice up tomatoes, colored peppers, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, and red onion. combine olive oil, herbs, salt, and pepper as dressing. make layers of each vegetable separately (starting backwards with onions on bottom), drizzling each layer with the seasoned olive oil. cover and bake at 350 for 1 - 1-1/2 hours.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 9:20 pm
Thanks. We're avoiding nuts, but it looks wonderful, I'll have to file it for another time. Yo'ma's is a distinct possibility.
Meanwhile, Mr. Google demystified peeling tomatoes so tomorrow when I have more energy and the pot's free (all pareve pots and bowls are going to be filled with potatoes tonight; tomorrow's kugel day, iy"H) I might just make tomato sauce.

Keep them coming, folks!

brooklyn

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 7:20 am
Shashuka.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 11:31 am
Thanks ra_mom. I found the last recipe and posted a few questions, didn't get a reply but since I'm going to peel the tomatoes, the world's my "oyster" when it comes to finding tomato sauce recipes. I'm still interested in more tomato recipes. None with cooked pepper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics