Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Great Salmon or Tuna Quiche recipe
1  2  3  Next

mandksima

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 10:29 pm
I decided to post this separately so I can find it later. It is really good and a favorite from my sister's collection (she got it from someone else, sorry no recollection who!)

Salmon or Tuna Quiche

One onion, sauteed in oil
15 oz salmon or 2 cans tuna, drained
3/4 C mayo
1 T mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
2 eggs
1/2 C pareve milk
chopped dill, optional

Saute onion first till soft and pour into pie crust. In the meantime,mix all the rest of ingredients together and pour in pie crust over onions. Bake at 375 until browned and set, about 45 minutes.

Easy pie crust

2 C flour (I use 70% whole wheat)
1/2 C oil
1/3 C pareve milk
1 tsp salt

Mix together till it forms a dough (by hand is fine) and press into pie plate evenly. This recipe usually makes more than one pie's worth and I stick the remaining in the freezer. It doesn't quite make 2 full recipes unless you press it really thinly.

cookielady

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 10:45 pm
Sounds great and not hard to do. I look forward to trying it out.

AZmom09

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 4:36 am
YUM!!! I just made this and it is sooo good!
Was so easy to make and now I also have a great recipe for pie crust. Super easy!
Oh, and now my 16 month old will eat tuna! Smile

Thanks so much!

mandksima

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 5:24 am
AZmom09 wrote:
YUM!!! I just made this and it is sooo good!
Was so easy to make and now I also have a great recipe for pie crust. Super easy!
Oh, and now my 16 month old will eat tuna! Smile

Thanks so much!

My pleasure! I forgot to mention that I use the cheapest tuna, chunk light, and it still is delicious. No need to use the solid white albacore.

desertrose

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 7:22 am
Great recipe mandksima, my family enjoyed it!

Is it possible to leave out the pie crust or use frozen pastry dough?

Dev80

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 7:37 am
I see there's no spices listed in the ingredients, do you add salt or pepper or anything or it's flavorful without?

mandksima

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 10:57 am
desertrose wrote:
Great recipe mandksima, my family enjoyed it!

Is it possible to leave out the pie crust or use frozen pastry dough?

I've made it crustless before for myself, not usually for guests as it doesn't look as special. I personally wouldn't use the puff pastry dough (batzek) and would do crustless.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I actually made it to break the fast this year.

mandksima

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 11:02 am
Dev80 wrote:
I see there's no spices listed in the ingredients, do you add salt or pepper or anything or it's flavorful without?

No salt necessary as the tuna, mustard and mayo already have it. It totally doesn't need any salt. A dash of pepper is fine. I usually add fresh/frozen dill. The fried onions also give it a very savory and slightly sweet taste. I wouldn't add too much. Maybe a tsp of thyme.

be good

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 8:19 pm
this looks so good!

do you bake the crust before filling it?

mandksima

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 1:32 pm
I think I have done it both ways. It would fine to bake for 10 minutes or so, no more.

bamamama

Post Thu, Sep 27 2012, 10:45 am
One more thumbs up for the quiche - I made salmon and gave one to a friend (and kept one for ourselves!!!) and it was SUPER yummy. Thanks for the recipe.

mandksima

Post Thu, Sep 27 2012, 11:54 am
my pleasure!

desertrose

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 1:30 am
I have been making this every Shabbos for the past few months. Without the crust though and it comes out amazing! Even my kids are starting to trust and like tuna more and more! Thank you!

ABC

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 12:50 am
How do you do it if you make it crustless? Do you just mix up the first ingredients then pour them into a baking dish and bake? What's it like and what do you serve it with if there's no crust?
Thanks!

lucky1

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 9:42 am
are you sure 3/4 cup mayo seems quite a lot

mandksima

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 2:20 pm
lucky1 wrote:
are you sure 3/4 cup mayo seems quite a lot

The recipe comes out beautifully with that amount. You are welcome to try less and see how it goes. Let us know!

If you are concerned about calories, this is not a low calorie dish, but you can try reduced fat mayo.

Inspired

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 3:12 pm
This looks yummy and relatively easy. I hope to try it soon. Thanks for posting!

mandksima

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 3:24 pm
ABC wrote:
How do you do it if you make it crustless? Do you just mix up the first ingredients then pour them into a baking dish and bake? What's it like and what do you serve it with if there's no crust?
Thanks!

I make a lot of things crustless. Sort of like pumpkin pie in a quiche dish. I still put the fried onions on the bottom (you don't need to grease pan because of the oil) and then the rest of the batter. The onions stick to the top part when cooled. You can put a slice on a bed of salad greens with a dill sauce in a cucumber bowl if you want to get all fancy but if it is just us, I serve it plain.

mandksima

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 3:25 pm
Inspired wrote:
This looks yummy and relatively easy. I hope to try it soon. Thanks for posting!

Let me know how it goes over with your family!

Dev80

Post Sat, Oct 20 2012, 2:48 pm
I made this for shabbos, I liked it but would do it a bit different next time.
My husband felt that 1 onion was too much (although obviously it depends on the size of the onion), so either I'd only do half an onion or possibly grate it. Also, I think I'd try blending the ingredients with a juja so that the consistency would be more smooth. The flavor was pretty good though.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics