Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
PSA: uDiapers.com Is A SCAM!!
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 4:24 am
I work for a stroller store (that has real legitimate deals!) and we reported udiapers.com to babyjogger already. Any company selling the big brands like baby jogger, mt buggy, bugaboo and the like are not allowed to have advertised prices that are below retail,unless the specific product has been released from map pricing. I think a coupon code would be the same thing.

Also, their sale for the Baby Jogger City Mini double made it less expensive than cost price, which doesn't make sense at all, even for a start up company. Their coupon code won't work for baby jogger stuff anymore, that's for sure.

Stay far away unless you read a whole bunch of good reviews/hear good references.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 4:24 am
I work for a stroller store (that has real legitimate deals!) and we reported udiapers.com to babyjogger already. Any company selling the big brands like baby jogger, mt buggy, bugaboo and the like are not allowed to have advertised prices that are below retail,unless the specific product has been released from map pricing. I think a coupon code would be the same thing.

Also, their sale for the Baby Jogger City Mini double made it less expensive than cost price, which doesn't make sense at all, even for a start up company. Their coupon code won't work for baby jogger stuff anymore, that's for sure.

Stay far away unless you read a whole bunch of good reviews/hear good references.

Shuly

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 4:31 am
Atali wrote:
boymom wrote:
Motheroftwins wrote:
its for sure a scam...when you order from any website it will say https - the S meaning its secure. this website IS NOT SECURE. Its not legit!!!

I just checked childrens place and gap and they also dont have the 's' after the http, so what does that mean?

When you go to actually place your order with a cc it will say https

Right, on the ordering page on Childrens Place, there is an s.

Even if they are legit, you should never type your CC number or any personal info on a site that does not say https in the address bar. If the site is not secure, anyone can access your information.

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 4:38 am
Listen... there is def something up with the site.. theres a few things to notice.
Im here in israel and I looked at this site way b4 all of you got up yesterday, and there were some nice products not THAT many... anyhow after I decided to check it out again a few hours later, suddenly there were about 100 more products just on the stroller page alone!!
Ive NEVER seen a website do that in my life... within 6 hours they suddenly added 100 more strollers?? what they SUDDENLY got them in stock??
and if they had them and didnt put them on the site.. why do it on the day that everyone is purchasing loads and loads of products cus of the 50% deal??
also on the side there is a tab that makes the site secure called volusion, and another seal, they were added jan 17th to the site... dont u think thats fishy? suddenly all these things were put on the day that they put out a 50%? listen.. they did a mighty good job on the site to make it seem real... but I called a few companys on the site and they all said their not authorized, if you buy from them theres no warranty, and you can be getting a fake product (if any) and I also searched the register of the web page and gave them a call myself and I got some guy stating I called a 19 yr old girl (the same name and live in the same city) and its good to know that someone is using her name for a web domain... so somethings weird...
its ok if pple tried it cus they buy it through a secure cc, its just silly cus noone ever received anythin from them ever, their a brand new site, and suddenly their booming with business...
if its to good to be true... it cant be true.

zissy2004

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 6:51 am
I have seen many websites with cheap things (when I was looking for electronics) I did alot of research on these things and one MAJOR red flag is when they have a free email account (like gmail, hotmail)
no reputable company uses such an email adress!
And if its too good to be true, it usually is!

hope you all will get your money back. good luck!

momsrus

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 10:19 am
zissy2004 wrote:
I have seen many websites with cheap things (when I was looking for electronics) I did alot of research on these things and one MAJOR red flag is when they have a free email account (like gmail, hotmail)
no reputable company uses such an email adress!
And if its too good to be true, it usually is!

hope you all will get your money back. good luck!

This is simply not true! I have a website and I just feel more comfortable using my gmail account. Having a regular company email address, no way makes you more legit.

momsrus

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 10:32 am
I see they "carry" all the good stuff that people are interested in. I'm surprised they don't have the bugaboo donkey. Wink

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 10:33 am
Most websites come with MX records for their domain name. You can then forward any accounts at that domain to go to your gmail account. But it's unprofessional to make an account mynewstore@gmail.com be your default address when you can create customersupport@mynewstore.com and then have that forward to the gmail account.

mami613

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 10:35 am
the massage from yesterday is still on and it sound like made by one of this cheap computer voice game Software’s not by Professional phone system.

Basimcha

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 10:45 am
Shuly wrote:
Atali wrote:
boymom wrote:
Motheroftwins wrote:
its for sure a scam...when you order from any website it will say https - the S meaning its secure. this website IS NOT SECURE. Its not legit!!!

I just checked childrens place and gap and they also dont have the 's' after the http, so what does that mean?

When you go to actually place your order with a cc it will say https

Right, on the ordering page on Childrens Place, there is an s.

Even if they are legit, you should never type your CC number or any personal info on a site that does not say https in the address bar. If the site is not secure, anyone can access your information.

It's good to know! Tnx for sharing this info--never knew about it!

mami613

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 11:55 am
the 1888 number is having a massage now that all orders ordered through Google are being refunded within 24-48 hours.
is there a way to let the other CC company's know that they should not accept them and refund the money?

mami613

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 12:01 pm
Apparently it's another of their lies Intending to get rid of all Customers who fell into the trap

mami613

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 3:22 pm
This is the latest massage:
ALL ORDERS PLACED WITH PROMO CODE
“2011” & “GOOGLE1” ARE BEING CANCELLED.
PLEASE ALLOW 24-48 hrs FOR A FULL REFUND.
I really hope this is not a part of the scam.
It looks more like "we need 24-48 hours to escape"...

Shuly

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 3:45 pm
Even if they refund it, they still have your credit card numbers, so watch your credit card transactions.

mami613

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 4:18 pm
Shuly wrote:
Even if they refund it, they still have your credit card numbers, so watch your credit card transactions.

That is the big IF, anyway I cancelled my cc and I advise everybody else to do the same.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 5:25 pm
I think it's important for those that ordered to call their CCC and give them a head's up. They can put a hold on your account for larger purchases and will contact you if there's an attempt to do so.

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 2:17 am
BTW what happened with this company or with anyone who has ordered from them, just curious!?!?!?!?

wtvr

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 3:00 pm
I just want to share what happened to me. I ordered s/t from them. I did NOT cancel my card, just monitored activity. I was refunded by the company about a week later. I am still watching activity, but there hasn't been anything. I did not have to dispute charges or deal with the cc company at all.

bnm

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 7:17 pm
wtvr wrote:
I just want to share what happened to me. I ordered s/t from them. I did NOT cancel my card, just monitored activity. I was refunded by the company about a week later. I am still watching activity, but there hasn't been anything. I did not have to dispute charges or deal with the cc company at all.

I never got my refund. we disputed the charge and now have to send in copies of the emails they sent me saying they will give us the refunds...

Shuly

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 12:36 am
wtvr wrote:

I would keep monitoring it - they still have your number and might wait until you forget about it to use it. I see their website is down now...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics