Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Can u answer some questions about the Bosch?

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 4:25 pm
I would like to get my sis a good mixer as a wedding/ shower gift... I have heard great things about the bosch... I personally have the magic mill and love it... im wondering 1. what are the "maalos" of the bosch over the magic mill? 2. do you need the extra stainless steel bowl with the bosch? I went to The Buzz and they sell the bosch in one box and a separate stainless steel bowl in another box. 3. does the bosch have a decent food processor attachment?... TIA!!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 4:46 pm
The Bosch is great, but I don't know how it compares to the Magic Mill.
The stainless steel bowl comes in a separate box, but the Buzz and Duddy's both give it to you along with the mixer at no extra charge.
I don't think that the Bosch has a food processor attachment. It does have a spot for you to attach your regular glass blender.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 5:05 pm
AFAIK, the Bosch is better for challos, the MM for other stuff. The Bosch blender is really good. I think you can buy a processor but not sure about it. I love my Bosch.

SorGold

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 5:16 pm
You can buy a separate food processer attachment. I have heard its the best food processer though

sky

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 5:45 pm
I have the bosch chopper/grater. They called it a food processor but it does not have the S blade inside. It could be that changed. I find it VERY difficult to push potatoes throught the grater to make potato kugel with the blade I like. I don't think mine is that best food processor out there. But it could be they have added an 'S' Blade.
The Blender is very strong.
Some appliance stores will add the second bowl for free.
It is a strong mixer. I can mix 5 lbs of challah at one time. Like dump in all ingredients, yeast on top, turn on for 10 - 15 minutes and I'm done.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 6:34 pm
sky wrote:
I have the bosch chopper/grater. They called it a food processor but it does not have the S blade inside. It could be that changed. I find it VERY difficult to push potatoes throught the grater to make potato kugel with the blade I like. I don't think mine is that best food processor out there. But it could be they have added an 'S' Blade.
The Blender is very strong.
Some appliance stores will add the second bowl for free.
It is a strong mixer. I can mix 5 lbs of challah at one time. Like dump in all ingredients, yeast on top, turn on for 10 - 15 minutes and I'm done.

I usually bake six.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen