Home

Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
1, 2  Next

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

amother

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:26 pm       Post subject: Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
Four hours on Swagbucks, and what do I get?
77 Swagbucks. This gets better yet.
Each Swagbuck is worth about half a cent
So in my four hours, I net 34 cents.

I filled out surveys, but did not qualify.
I don't have money, so there's nothing to buy.

I did have a chance to watch swagbucks TV
After one hour, I earned 1 buck, yippee!

So if you need money,
Don't waste your time.
You'll never earn any
Using Swagbucks online!

bnm

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:33 pm       Post subject: re: Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
and it paid for 2 cases of luvs, a potty, a noisemaker, baby wipes and $15 paypal cash by me.... each to his own. pm me for signup links, if you sign up through someoone else they get credit.

I don't do surveys, just do searches and the daily poll, don't watch the SB TV, just some video clips that are 1-2 points on the offer wall. its slow and steady. using google doesn't earn you ANYTHING so for me swagbucks is a big bonus.

IYamWhoIYam

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:48 pm       Post subject:
I'm with bnm - no surveys for me, I just use it to search as I would use google. So far? $25 in 2 1/2 months just from searching (what I would normally do, so I might as well get rewarded for it!).

Teacup9

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:54 pm       Post subject: re: Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
I've earned too, just by searching and swagtv and codes. It is a little addicting. I am not convinced it is worth the time though.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:59 pm       Post subject: re: Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
I've earned over 50$ in amazon gift cards by using swagbucks since I signed up. And I do not invest any time in it. I merely use it for searches I was doing anyway and enter in bonus codes when I get them through email. Not everything is for everybody, but since I am doing activities I would normally do anyway, I definitely like the fact that I am getting cash for it.

~ Complimentary ad for being a mod
Visit poster's website

zigi

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2010, 6:01 pm       Post subject:
I have about 30$ worth of amazon gift cards. I use swagbucks to search the web and I do the daily polls. it took a while to add up but 30$ that didn't take much effort its really good.

Mama Bear

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2010, 7:54 pm       Post subject:
I did it for a few days. It got tiring. the search results are LOUSY. I use wikipedia as my primary search tool. so half the time I have to go to wikipedia anyway once swagbucks doesnt find what I need. I have about 700something bucks now and cant be bothered to bother with this daily so I can get a $10 amazon gift card when I finally have 1000 points.

faigie

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2010, 8:24 pm       Post subject:
It messed up my puter... I had to use go back etc.......

newmother

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2010, 8:27 pm       Post subject: re: Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
I had been using it but it doesn't work on google chrome, which we are using now, so I stopped

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2010, 9:53 pm       Post subject:
I don't watch their TV. I hardly go to their polls or surveys (which are really surveyhead.com surveys where I can get cash for the same ones I qualify for.)

I do a LOT of searching. I use it instead of google. It's easy with my toolbar which also gives me points. If I am not getting the right results, I use google, but switch back to swagbucks.

I've made a nice amount of amazon gift card money from it. And I hardly spent any extra time doing things I wouldn't have done otherwise.

I also can refer anyone who would like Smile

Complimentary ad for being a mod

FrumMamaPA

Post Posted: Thu, Dec 16 2010, 12:34 am       Post subject: re: Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
I use it and have gotten a few amazon gift cards. They are awesome and I get free books. I don't think SB is a waste.

YESHASettler

Post Posted: Thu, Dec 16 2010, 1:47 am       Post subject:
I can't really use it as it should be used because I live in Israel and it won't let me do a lot of things.

zipporah

Post Posted: Thu, Dec 16 2010, 1:51 am       Post subject:
YESHASettler wrote:
I can't really use it as it should be used because I live in Israel and it won't let me do a lot of things.

Do you still get points? I used it for 2 weeks and never got any points from searching. And I have to use searches as part of my job, so I do a whole bunch. Sad

Marion

Post Posted: Thu, Dec 16 2010, 2:01 am       Post subject:
zipporah wrote:
YESHASettler wrote:

Do you still get points? I used it for 2 weeks and never got any points from searching. And I have to use searches as part of my job, so I do a whole bunch. Sad

Not to mention their Terms of Service include being RESIDENT in the United States!
Dvir Aharon: 10 Tammuz 5772

YESHASettler

Post Posted: Thu, Dec 16 2010, 2:06 am       Post subject:
zipporah wrote:
YESHASettler wrote:

Do you still get points? I used it for 2 weeks and never got any points from searching. And I have to use searches as part of my job, so I do a whole bunch. :(

I get for the daily poll, but I can't even do any surveys. Haven't tried the search yet.
Visit poster's website

yummydd

Post Posted: Thu, Dec 16 2010, 2:14 am       Post subject: re: Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
I use it too and have bought quite a bit of stuff from it. I only use it as a search engine, no polls or surveys etc.

frumnurse

Post Posted: Sun, Dec 26 2010, 7:47 pm       Post subject: re: Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
I use it daily. After I log in I do the daily poll ( it takes a second) its found under the ways to earn section. I also click on trusted surveys and that earns you one point and then I do a quick search - usually the first or second one will earn me 8-12 swagbucks. So pretty much in about 1 minute I earn 10-14 swagbucks. When I use the computer later that day or in the evening I will do a search to get to a website that I know will come up and is easy to find and will earn myself another 8-10 swagbucks. So averaging 20 swagbucks per day x 30 days in a month = 600 swagbucks.
I think the best reward is the $5 Amazon gift card for 450 points. That is a bonus $5 a month for doing pretty much nothing. I have accumulated over $100 so far.
Also every Friday is mega swagbucks day. Its harder to score but when you do its really high. The other week I won 43 swagbucks with one search.
Bottom line- Don't spend hours doing searches, rather use it while you are using the computer anyways and you will be earning extra money!
Visit poster's website

amother

Post Posted: Sun, Dec 26 2010, 8:44 pm       Post subject: re: Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
I opened an account. Then I referred myself on a 2nd email address & search on my 2nd account. That gets me points on both accounts. Another thing I do is, I have swagbucks as my home page & I use their search engine to search for my email account, google... So for those that like google better, this is a way that u get rewarded for using the search engine you like!

I don't spend time on the site. Only my searches I would do anyways & if I ever shop online I will look if I can shop through them.

Mama Bear

Post Posted: Sun, Dec 26 2010, 8:54 pm       Post subject:
I finally figured out how to make swagbucks my default search engine on chrome. I do the daily poll, run through their NOSO pages and click skip on them all, go to the survey page and see if I can complete any surveys. Usually I dont qualify for any of them. ONCE I developed a few photos on clarks.com and got lots of bucks.

I almost have 900 bucks, I want to get 2 $5 amazon gift cards. (dont know what I'll do with them, I just bought things on ebay & amazon with my c/c what a pity.)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Posted: Sun, Dec 26 2010, 10:17 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
amother wrote:
I opened an account. Then I referred myself on a 2nd email address & search on my 2nd account. That gets me points on both accounts. Another thing I do is, I have swagbucks as my home page & I use their search engine to search for my email account, google... So for those that like google better, this is a way that u get rewarded for using the search engine you like!

I don't spend time on the site. Only my searches I would do anyways & if I ever shop online I will look if I can shop through them.
You're risking having both your accounts cancelled if they figure it out based on IPs....
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next