Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
ISO cute/pretty recipes: for vort

be good

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 9:22 am
my friend is making a vort next week and I told her I would help out by making a few things. she is the patche-ing type and would appreciate heart-shaped or individual portions type of things. I had planned to make 2-tone heart cookies (pb and chocolate), buckeyes (pb balls dipped in chocolate), and white peanut crunchies (white chocolate and pb melted with rice crispies and peanuts) but... YOU GUESSED IT! SOMEONE IS SEVERELY ALLERGIC TO PEANUT BUTTER! ARRGHH!

so I turn to you, oh experienced, talented, resourceful imamothers, do you have ideas or recipes for me? I will have to transport whatever it is about two hours in the car, so that an important detail. I know she is excited about what I will bring, so I don't want to let her down. I don't think she'd be all that excited about a regular old cake though. I know she already made brownies, chocolate chip bars, and oatmeal/fruit bars. I'm primarily looking for cute cookies, or confections, but if you have an super exciting cake idea I'm interested too.

todah rabbah!

greeneyes

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 10:18 am
Here are a few ideas:

-linzer tarts - Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe, cut out using cookie cutter of your choice, I've done flowers for example. Use a small bottle cap cover (depending on the size of your cookie cutter, a vanilla extract bottle cover might work well) to cut out a circle in the center of half of the cookies. After cookies are baked & cooled, spread seedless raspberry jam between 2 cookies & sprinkle with confectioners sugar.

-mini cupcakes - bake cupcakes in mini cupcake pans, frost, & decorate with flowers and leaves made with a pastry decorating bag

-mini cherry & blueberry tarts in mini cupcake pans, they look really cute.

Blueberry (or Cherry) Tarts

1 stick margarine
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract

pie filling of your choice, such as blueberry or cherry

Knead all ingredients (except pie filling) into a smooth dough. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Roll dough into 36 walnut size balls. Place one ball into each cup of a mini muffins baking tray. Press dough, shaping it to line the sides of the cups. Fill each cup with pie filling of your choice. Bake for 7-10 minutes.

-mini chocolate mousse pies:

Chocolate Mousse Pie

(This is a great chocolate mousse that doesn't call for raw eggs.)

1 7 oz. milk chocolate candy bar with almonds or 7 oz of pareve chocolate or 7 oz. of chocolate chips
16 large marshmallows or 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup milk or parve milk
2 cups whipping cream, whipped (the pareve whip works out well)
1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker pie crust or chocolate crumb crust

Place the chocolate, marshmallows, and milk in a saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipping cream, and pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Yield: 6-8 servings

To make miniature mousse pies: Prebake mini pie shells according to package directions. Fill with mousse. You can decorate them with whipped cream (using the small star tip on a pastry decorating bag), chocolate shavings etc.

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 11:11 am
Someone made these for my shabbos kallah and I loved it but I dont know where they register on the fancy scale. They took long wood skewers and put marshmallows on like a lollypop and then dipped them in chocolate and various things like sprinkles etc. It was so much fun and they looked so cool arranged standing up in a funky vase.

be good

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 1:05 pm
great! thanks so much! I plan on making from what both of you posted!

keep it coming ladies!

Sherri

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 1:06 pm
On another such thread (don't remember the name now) someone posted how to make these mini diamond ring boxes... sounded cute. And there were a bunch of other good ideas, too.

eta: Here it is. http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....=vort

Sherri

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 1:11 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Someone made these for my shabbos kallah and I loved it but I dont know where they register on the fancy scale. They took long wood skewers and put marshmallows on like a lollypop and then dipped them in chocolate and various things like sprinkles etc. It was so much fun and they looked so cool arranged standing up in a funky vase.
I like this idea!

sky

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 1:17 pm
mini fruit cups. Use champagne or small cups. Fill with tiny diced fruit. Either layered, or one type per cup. they look very pretty grouped together and are a healthy option. If you use the disposable plastic ones you can wash them and reuse for another simcha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics