Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Best Imamother recipes you tried over Yom Tov
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

mandksima

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 6:33 am
c.c.cookie wrote:
Can't find the link, but I can cut and paste the recipe from my computer. Enjoy!

Chinese Chicken
2 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
coated in egg and then flour

1 onion cubed
1 pepper cubed
1 can / some fresh mushrooms
(these are the veggies I use but u can really use anything you have in the house)

Place the veggies in a pan, sprinkle salt and pepper and drizzle some oil over them. Bake for a half an hour covered at 350. (the reason why I bake the veggies first is b/c I don't like them crunchy, if you don't mind them a bit underdone you can bake everything at once for just 40 mins.)

Take veggies out of the oven and put chicken on top, then pour this mixture on top of everything:
1/2 c oil
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c brown sugar

Bake covered for another 40 mins and serve over rice.

I forgot I made this! Everyone liked it a lot! I added sliced zucchini with the layer of veggies and it was perfect. A lot of liquid though on the bottom that spilled all over my fridge! Can't blame the recipe but my weak aluminum tin!

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 8:18 am
OOTBubby, what are shnitzel rolls?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 9:18 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
I tried the onion kugel once and really did not like it. I'm wondering if I did something wrong? Is there a specific type of onion that is supposed to be used?

I made the Bissli salad for, like EVERY meal!!! (AND we keep TWO days!! Wink )
It's delicious with Vidalia onions. (Someone tasted mine and asked for the recipe. When I gave it to her she said, but that's the same recipe I use and mine tastes so different! Turns out we used different onions, and now she makes it with sweet Vidalias.)

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 9:47 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:

They're flattened pieces of schnitzel with a stuffing on top, then rolled up. One of them has a kishka/onion filling with crushed fried onion rings on top and one has a pastrami filling with an apricot sauce. Let me know if you want the exact recipes.

newmommy1

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 9:59 am
Do you think the Chinese Chicken could be served room temperature, let's say for Shabbat lunch? Or does it need to be heated up?

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 10:42 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:

They're flattened pieces of schnitzel with a stuffing on top, then rolled up. One of them has a kishka/onion filling with crushed fried onion rings on top and one has a pastrami filling with an apricot sauce. Let me know if you want the exact recipes.

I would love both recipes. TIA

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 10:42 am
newmommy1 wrote:
Do you think the Chinese Chicken could be served room temperature, let's say for Shabbat lunch? Or does it need to be heated up?

I never tried to serve them room temperature, but I don't think they'd be as good.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 12:05 pm
Can someone please link *which* onion kugel it is?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 12:09 pm
c.c.cookie wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:

I would love both recipes. TIA

I am posting them now in the Chicken section of the Recipe Forum (to make them easier to find).

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 12:28 pm
Being that I post all my recipes, every Shabbos and every yomtov is an Imamother Shabbos and Imamotehr yomtov.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 1:32 pm
Mimisinger wrote:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....onion

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 3:41 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Mimisinger wrote:

thanks Smile

Aidelmom

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 3:54 pm
I made chocolate fudge sauce from here.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 4:18 pm
Bissli salad?

yentadevosha

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 4:59 pm
Ra-mom's deli sachet. Was a real hit.

Motheroftwins

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 5:01 pm
I made the oreo pie dessert - the one where u dont whip the whip and just add oreos and it was fantastic!

I also made my own version of rosemarie pie....I just whipped up a whip, melted a rosemarie bar in the micro for 30 seconds w 1/4 cup water and combined them in a ready made pie crust. FANTASTIC TOO!

Mevater

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 5:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Mimisinger wrote:

I must have unique taste, but I tried both Onion Kugels a while back and the one I cut and pasted below, originally offered by Curlytop, was super!!! Is the one I didnt like as much the good kugel discussed above?

sOMEONE POSTED THIS RECIPE IN ANOTHER ONION KUGEL THREAD. fROGIVE ME BUT I FORGOT THE op--JUST DO ANOTHER SEARCH TO BE SURE I HAVE ALL THE DETAILS...

3 lg onions, diced
2 Tbsps oil
1 egg

Dough:
3 cups flour
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water
3/4 tsp salt.

Fry onions in oil until translucent. Let cool. Mix egg in.
Mix the dough together.
Roll dough in jellyroll fashion, into 2 rolls.
Spead half of onion mixture into each roll.

Shmear with egg on top to make shiny
Bake 45-60 minutes on 350.

Just made this today, always a hit.
Thanks again curlytop!

gardengirl

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 6:30 pm
loveshoes wrote:
Maybe we can all share which imamother recipes we have tried over Yom Tov that were a hit.

The ones that I tried and were great were:
Peanut butter brownies
Bissli salad
onion kugel
chickpeas rice
apple kugel muffins
blueberry crumble kugel

I would love the recipes for apple kugel muffins as well as the blueberry crumble, please.

lalelo

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 6:30 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Several different roast recipes (which I made with 1st cut briskets -- they were on sale here for only $6.99/lb.) buried in various old threads: teriyaki brisket; honey-soy roast; apricot-soy roast.
Honey-garlic meatballs -- a very big hit after 30 years of sweet & sour meatballs that no one would every let me change -- now they love this one!

Meat bourekas

Ice cream cookie pie

Doughless potato knish

Apple Crunch Galette -- major hit

Honey-Dijon breaded schnitzel

Others that were hits which I've seen posted here (though I didn't get them from here) are: peanut butter brownies; raspberry bars; mint-fudge ice cream (all from Family First); ice cream cake (which I've varied a little from the one here); peanut butter ice cream (no separated eggs so egg substitute could be used); vanilla ice cream (also no separated eggs); soy-garlic green beans; scalloped potatoes; Rosemarie Pie.

Other recipes not from here that were great (I'll post if anyone wants them): onion schnitzel rolls, apricot-pastrami schnitzel rolls (different from the version here); vegetable medley.

The onion kugel went over reasonably well, but I think it needs sweeter onions and mine weren't sweet.

The one that didn't go here at all is the mushroom kugel (lokshen) -- I'm sure it's a matter of family tastes.

wow your menu sounds delcious. I tried searching for the bolded items but they dont seem to come up, when u have a chance, can u please give me the recipe or the link where you got them? thanks so much

imasinger

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 6:48 pm
bubby wrote:
I made the zucchini kugel & hot fudge sauce. Both were amazing. Thanks!

An interesting combination. Tongue Out
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus