Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
ISO idea for extra kreplach filling

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 2:02 pm
I made kreplach today and as usual (think I'd learn by now) I had tons of extra filling (meat/chicken/onion mixture). I'd like to use it up somehow, but, I don't want to do anything with any kind of pastry dough or a blintz as I've already got assorting things of that sort.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Motheroftwins

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 2:13 pm
Meatballs? I would suggest egg rolls but you said you didnt want anything with dough.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 2:18 pm
My filling is made from cooked, left over meat & chicken -- I don't see making meatballs from that. I didn't want dough, but egg rolls might actually be an idea as it is different from the other things I've got. I'll consider it. Thanks.

Liba

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 2:34 pm
I freeze it and use it for hoshana raba kreplach. Smile

tsiggelle

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 2:39 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
My filling is made from cooked, left over meat & chicken -- I don't see making meatballs from that. I didn't want dough, but egg rolls might actually be an idea as it is different from the other things I've got. I'll consider it. Thanks.

why dont you just quickly fry them in patties? sounds delicious

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 3:22 pm
Liba wrote:
I freeze it and use it for hoshana raba kreplach. Smile

The ones I made are also for Hoshana Rabbah (a few for Erev Yom Kippur, most of the rest for Hoshana Rabbah) Smile

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 3:23 pm
tsiggelle wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:

why dont you just quickly fry them in patties? sounds delicious

That's an idea -- they'd probably need some egg and maybe bread crumbs added as the filling is kind of dry and crumbly now. I also really don't like to fry things (and don't like to cook on YT and don't like fried things reheated) -- I know I'm not making it easy! Smile

It's a good idea though.

Thanks.

mazelandbracha

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 7:14 pm
Is there enough meat left over for a small shepherd's pie? My mother used to grind up all her leftover meat with onion, and then put mashed potatoes under and over it. It was delicious, and never quite the same twice!
Also, there are recipes for meat and chicken rolls that I never try, but look yummy, and you're halfway through the recipe already! Wink

yo'ma

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 7:19 pm
add some sort of tomato sauce and make like sloppy joes.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 7:37 pm
Make a meat lasanga

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 7:48 pm
MorahSara wrote:
Is there enough meat left over for a small shepherd's pie? My mother used to grind up all her leftover meat with onion, and then put mashed potatoes under and over it. It was delicious, and never quite the same twice!
Also, there are recipes for meat and chicken rolls that I never try, but look yummy, and you're halfway through the recipe already! Wink

Thanks, I like the shepherd's pie idea -- I think I'll go with something along those lines. There's only enough meat for a small one, but that's okay. I appreciate the idea.

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 5:09 pm
I'm glad! Let me know how it turns out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics