Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Black skirt to wear under dresses
1  2  3  Next

fmt4

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 11:39 am
Where can I get a very tight (so it doesn't show under the dress) knee length straight black skirt to wear under too short dresses?

Mina

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 11:45 am
saw one at junee in boro park I think they have also online

momaholic

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 11:47 am
where r u located? I got one in junees in boro park. they have a skirt for exactly that purpose.

fmt4

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 11:50 am
I'm looking online...which one is it?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 11:56 am
why do people wear dresses that are too short and then have to wear a skirt underneath? I am not trying to be mean, I guess I am just curious (and clueless!) about a possible new (or maybe even old!) fashion trend!! Confused

fmt4

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 11:57 am
I don't get what is so hard to understand.

You see a dress that is cute, but it's too short. So you wear a skirt underneath. That way you can look cute, but still be tznius.

Got it?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 12:00 pm
fmt4 wrote:

You see a dress that is cute, but it's too short. So you wear a skirt underneath. That way you can look cute, but still be tznius.

Got it?

it doesn't look awkward...with a skirt and a dress? or does the dress end up looking like a really long shirt?

fmt4

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 12:00 pm
momaholic wrote:
where r u located? I got one in junees in boro park. they have a skirt for exactly that purpose.

I found the skirt online, but it looks very long. Does it extend a few inches below the knee?

fmt4

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:
fmt4 wrote:

Got it?

it doesn't look awkward...with a skirt and a dress? or does the dress end up looking like a really long shirt?

It usually just looks like there is a short layer of black attached to the dress...Usually you don't even notice it.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 12:02 pm
fmt4 wrote:
amother wrote:
fmt4 wrote:

Got it?

It usually just looks like there is a short layer of black attached to the dress...Usually you don't even notice it.

got it! thanks! just couldn't picture it! Very Happy

amother

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 12:02 pm
fmt4 wrote:
amother wrote:
fmt4 wrote:

Got it?

got it! thanks! just couldn't picture it! Very Happy

momaholic

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 12:06 pm
fmt4 wrote:

I found the skirt online, but it looks very long. Does it extend a few inches below the knee?

I am short and it is a few inches below the knee but, its elastic top so its very easy to wear higher if u want.

TehillaHadassah

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 12:23 pm
Woman Within online. I have been wearing their skirts for years. You may have to take them up.

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 12:25 pm
I have this thingy called "longer" I got as a gift , and it works awesome

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 12:54 pm
Fashion Island has these skirts from Linda Leal.

msym

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 12:56 pm
I saw what you want at tabeez.com
http://www.tabeez.com/p-59-the......aspx

hope this helps

Raisin

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
why do people wear dresses that are too short and then have to wear a skirt underneath? I am not trying to be mean, I guess I am just curious (and clueless!) about a possible new (or maybe even old!) fashion trend!! Confused

the fashion now is for short dresses worn over leggings. A short straight skirt looks kind of similar to leggings.

louche

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 2:41 pm
Raisin wrote:

the fashion now is for short dresses worn over leggings. A short straight skirt looks kind of similar to leggings.

Except for the color, how do you figure that?

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 2:59 pm
I don't think a tight skirt looks good under a shorter dress unless the dress itself is fitted. I mainly see people wearing more of an a-line stretchy skirt underneath so the dress looks like it has a black border.

That skirt from Tabeez is meant to be worn with tunic tops that would normally be worn with leggings. Any type of pencil skirt would work for that as well. The problem with most longer shirts or tunic tops is they look bulky when paired with an a-line skirt, so I suppose a pencil skirt might solve that problem. But I tend to like the look of longer shirts with leggings or pants. Not a skirt.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 3:48 pm
My girls started wearing this style and I think it's really cute (assuming their knees are well covered, you hear me, ladies, I think you all are out there ;-) And I think it's a Junee.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics