Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Should I send to Public School
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 11:21 pm
try oorah.com for a scholorship .

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 11:37 pm
Where is this school that closed down? They're not helping anyone get their kids into other schools?!

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 11:46 pm
a jewish education should be #1 IY"H as soon as the chools get around they will accept your kids and if they don't want to right away tell them that youre cosiduring PSand ask them if they want to take the achreyus if the influences affect your kids C"V. lets hope that people with a Yidishe Hartz will have enough understanding than letting you put them into PS which is NOT a Great Idea!
I want to wish you Hatzlocho and let Hashem open the hearts of the schools so they can open their doors to you!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 12:26 am
sim wrote:
The secular online schools are not cheap in NY -- some are free in certain states, but none in the tristate area. For frum, try room613. I don't know the cost, though.

Room613

Cost is about $100 per month per family (not per child)!

youngbubby

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 1:51 am
I know money is tight..maybe volunteer your services or your husbands services...do u even know what goes on in even the best public schools?? I teach in public schools where the goysha holidays are celebrated and the language and drugs are so evident. home lives of these children are different then our frum homes and the morals are so different. I would never subject any frum child to a public school...

allergypro

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 1:57 am
I just read the latest posts, and I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!! Another school closed?!?!?!!We got a letter the first week of june informing us that theyre closing.I cant believe theres another one!!!!! pm me and I could tell u who pple from our school have been talking to and who is supposedly trying to help us.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 8:51 pm
OP, contact shalsheles bais Yaakov, they work with parents. It is a kiruv school but many FFb girls are there because they work with parents.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 9:28 pm
OP here: where is shalsheles bais yaakov? thanks. I might try that one.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 11:16 pm
Ruchel wrote:
amother wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
amother wrote:
Ruchel I don't know where you get your facts from. I am European and it is unheard of to send your kid to public school.

You're probably in one of those few places where the new generation doesn't do it anymore. Like, Antwerp.

While in big communities it's getting rarer (if you have money to pay), in smaller communities all around Europe it's the norm (few homeschool), and a priviledge in many others.

Use the search engine, it has been discussed and explained many times.

I don't know what you mean"new generation" well obviously worldwide the previous generation went as there was no Jewish school, it was like that in the US too and just because in France some people still send to public schools they are the minority there and it is not like that in Europe, and no I am not from Antwerp.

anon because I dint want to reveal me location.

I'm scratching my head again.
-Do you really think all communities in Europe have a school? REALLY?
-Do you really think France is part of Africa or Asia or America? REALLY? If you are European, you know better.
-Do you really think in France the shomer mitzvot parents who send to PS are a minority? REALLY?

I didn't ask you to reveal your location. I gave an example.

This discussion is leading nowhere. I'll just say, go out and go see smaller communities. Get informed. USE THE SEARCH ENGINE.

Ruchel,
I am not the same 'amother' as above, let me say that for the record. I am a different amother. my intention is not to hijack this thread, but really to just set the record straight. when anyone uses a "search engine" like u suggest, all that can be found is YOU posting over and over about public schools in France and how it is the norm and how you find it so annoying/offensive etc that people look down on public school education etc.
my best friend lives in Paris (she married a guy from France) and she said it is absolutely unheard of in frum circles! maybe she is more yeshivish than you, so things are different. my DH's room mate and close friend from yeshiva in E"Y is also from Paris. but also, he is more yeshivish than you perhaps. yet he says even in modern circles he has never heard of anyone going to public school. public university of course. but not for elementary or high school!
my father's first cousin (who is in his 50's) also lives in France. they are more "modern orthodox" (the wife doesn't cover her hair), but also, they would give up their gorgeous apartment and nice car and move into a one room walk up for the chinuch of their children! that IS the "older generation!" so I am really not sure what frum community of paris you are talking about, or what generation, but nowhere in such a large city, is it considered normal, acceptable, or laudable, to send to public school! it is always a bdi eved!

saw50st8

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 10:41 am
Amother, you are (in)famous:

http://orthonomics.blogspot.co......html

turtledoc

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 11:38 am
Ilovehashem26 wrote:
I say fight the fight and make sure they stay in torah schools. Tell the schools that your trying to get into that you are getting money from a relative-- make something up, and youll be able to pay in..october.. and then october comes and tell them you dont have it and pay what you can...they can't kick you out- can they? Iknow in new york they are really snobby and its sad. Where I lived, you pay what you could but with one or two schools in the community, they had no choice but to accept you either way.
But I just wanna say that eduacting your kids to be religious, Gd fearing Jews should be number one priority for all of us. So I would do whatever I could to send them to Torah Schools. Keep working on it, If I hear of any assistance programs Ill let you know..

Do you not see the contradiction in telling someone to lie so they can teach their children to be G-d fearing Jews? Number one priority to teach your children to be G-d fearing Jews should be to teach them to be EHRLICH!

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 12:33 pm
amother wrote:
OP here: where is shalsheles bais yaakov? thanks. I might try that one.

Its in BP.

http://www.greatschools.org/ne.....akov/

cuties' mom

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 2:59 pm
Another possibility may be bais yaakov lower east side. I don't think they turn anyone down and they are a drop cheaper than Brooklyn schools. There is a whole busload of girls coming in fromBrooklyn every day (although the government is planning on stopping the bus for financial reasons.)

youngbubby

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 1:12 pm
If I were u I would go to my tuition committee and speak to them Volenteer to help out and use that for payment do anything but keep your children in a Jewish school.I I know what gores on itn public schools we have Valentines day and Xmas and Halloween and allkinds of holidays. We sing make projects ect all about the holidays.. Then u have the snacks kids bring in and the food at lunch time. If u have older kids u have all the bad influences of the world. Run as far as u can from the public school system...

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 1:22 pm
amother wrote:
I really want to send to a Yeshiva but I can't extend myself financially anymore than I am already.

If anyone knows of a good public school in brooklyn please post it.

There are Tzedakos that will pay for your kids' tuitions once the child is enrolled in public school. Ironically, they will not pay for their tuitions if they are still in Yeshiva.

Enroll them in public school, then tell Oorah.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 30 2015, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 2:36 pm
OP,

Try calling Bais Yaakov Ohel Sarah. It's a an excellent fast-growing school. You can talk to Rabbi Mendelsohn about tuition discount.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics