Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo vs. Uppa Baby?
1  2  3  Next

pappymom

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 7:42 pm
What are the pros and cons of both? Deciding between the 2....

amother

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 7:51 pm
Bugaboo- no question!

Upababy is heavier and so much wider!
It is a knock-off of the Bugaboo and, in this case, the original is SOO much better.

I have a Bugaboo and my best friend has Uppababy. It is not as quality. People who have it will swear how great it is but I see her having trouble getting through narrow places etc. And who wants such a heavy stroller?

IF you are really looking to save pennies, then Im sure both will serve most purposes and youll be happy with either. But IF you are really going after which is a better product, BUGABOO by far!

pappymom

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 8:13 pm
Thanks amother! is there anything about the bugaboo that you dont like? Which model do you have? I'm looking into the Uppa Baby also because I see it around so much and people are generally happy with it

chaylizi

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 8:26 pm
I have the Uppa Baby. I could have had the Bugaboo if I wanted one. In fact, I did own one & I sold it. I disliked the fold of the Bugaboo & several other things besides.

About the UppaBaby- I enjoy the multi child usage. I am currently able to use my stroller for 3 children. I am using the main seat for my baby, the Rumbleseat for my toddler & my preschooler on the piggyback board. I also enjoy that the seat and bassinet are not using the same fabric. I like the handle of the UB better. The basket is bigger- I could do a whole grocery shopping with this stroller. The raincover and bug cover are included. There are other things. I guess everyone has their own preferences.

Smiles123

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 8:31 pm
I have the bugaboo bee and I love it! it's lightweight, small, wheels like a breeze...folds 1-2-3 fits anywhere when it's folded. it's a pleasure to travel with. I don't have to spend more money to get another smaller travel carriage. I know someone that has the Uppa baby and I always see her struggling to take it up the stairs and it's so heavy has such huge wheels very hard to maneuver. I never wanted to get that carriage.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 9:09 pm
I too had a choice between the bugaboo and the uppa baby. HANDS DOWN - uppa baby won! The basket is GIGANTIC and I have never once had a problem with doorways, and I use my stoller every single day. Also, folding the bugaboo is a pain in the neck! It folds in two parts and the uppa baby is folded into my trunk in one swift movement.
As far as quality, I don't know what the above poster is talking about. It is excellent quality. The customer service is phenomenal in that if there is ever a problem, they stand by their product 1000% and aim to please. You should really try both before you buy. I am so excited to use it as a double when my 2nd baby comes iyH! Good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 9:21 pm
I love my uppababy. I also had a choice and we tried out both in the store. My DH vetoed the bugaboo right away - he hated that it felt flimsy. I don't know what the poster is talking about that the uppa is a knockoff - I never heard that. They r totally different strollers, you can't really compare them.

As far as stairs go, I push mine up and down mine and it's a bit bulky but so is any stroller - I don't find the uppa worse than others. and the other poster is right the basket is HUGE I love it.

Another thing the uppa has that the bugaboo doesn't is the extra seats as someone wrote. Once you have more than 1 kid it's amazing.

wanderer

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 12:18 am
I have several family members with bugaboos and all have them have had isues with their stroller and needed repairs or replacements. I have an uppa baby and the quality is definitely superior. The uppa baby can also accomodate a much older child than the bugaboos can. The sunshade on the bassinet and seats are great, it folds easier than the bugaboos, the footrest is adjustable to several positions unlike the bugaboos, the basket is humongous, and the option to add another seat is also a big plus. They're not that much heavier than the bugaboos at all, and I have no problem with doorways or store aisles.

ETA, I go up and down stairs daily with my stroller without any problems. I would really recommend it.

JollyMommy

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:49 am
I have owned both and like Uppa baby a LOT more! I posted about my love of Uppa baby- it's been 6 months and I'm still very happy. had bugaboo for 3 years.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:20 pm
Definitely UppaBAby.
The UppaBAby is not a knockoff of the Bugaaboo...there is no resemblance between the two.
First of all, the Bugaboo needs to be taken apart in oreder to fold that would be a pain in the neck, as I need to keep my carriage folded because I live in a multifamily house...
Also, the basket is HUGE which is great for shopping etc...
Second of all, UppaBaby has excellent customer service. I don't know if Bugaboo also does....
but I've heard many complaints from Bugaboo owners....

The only issue that I have with the UppaBaby is that it is a bit wider than the Bugaboo and therefore you need to maneuver carefully when going thru narrow doorways, but it definitely fits thru all dororways...

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:20 pm
chaylizi wrote:
I have the Uppa Baby. I could have had the Bugaboo if I wanted one. In fact, I did own one & I sold it. I disliked the fold of the Bugaboo & several other things besides.

About the UppaBaby- I enjoy the multi child usage. I am currently able to use my stroller for 3 children. I am using the main seat for my baby, the Rumbleseat for my toddler & my preschooler on the piggyback board. I also enjoy that the seat and bassinet are not using the same fabric. I like the handle of the UB better. The basket is bigger- I could do a whole grocery shopping with this stroller. The raincover and bug cover are included. There are other things. I guess everyone has their own preferences.

Mazel Tov!!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:31 pm
Bugaboo is BY FAR a more quality product. There are rubber air tires. The fold is great. And it is way lighter than the Uppababy. In fact for a lot of our lifestyle, the fold is ideal because the base and seat come apart before you fold it so you can put them in your trunk separately so it is MUCH easier to pack in that that huge uppababy!

The Uppababy is huge and akward to manuver. It doesnt fit through standard doorways always like they say. It is ridiculously heavy. The basket is big but so what? The Bugaboo's is big too and you can always get that Mommy Hook to put your shopping bags on which is great.You can get that board for an older kid to ride on.

People like the "value" of the Uppababy since it comes with bugcover etc. I have all that stuff and I never use it. Again, like the first response said, if you are looking to save money first and foremost, the Uppababy will serve your needs. But if you want the best stroller even if its a bit more, Bugaboo is the gold standard.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:33 pm
BUGABOO CHAMELEON

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:40 pm
amother wrote:
Bugaboo is BY FAR a more quality product. There are rubber air tires. The fold is great. And it is way lighter than the Uppababy. In fact for a lot of our lifestyle, the fold is ideal because the base and seat come apart before you fold it so you can put them in your trunk separately so it is MUCH easier to pack in that that huge uppababy!

I don't know what rubber air tires are, but I do know that people that have iit think that it's ridiculous that it comes with a maintenance kit and the wheels need to be oiled?

The Uppababy is huge and akward to manuver. It doesnt fit through standard doorways always like they say. It is ridiculously heavy. The basket is big but so what? The Bugaboo's is big too and you can always get that Mommy Hook to put your shopping bags on which is great.You can get that board for an older kid to ride on.
I really don't find that, and I hate using a MOmmy hook because if I put too many bags on, the carriage tips...
Also if your child is not they type to stand on a board, and will just wanna run off, you can use the Rumble seat which lets you strap the child in...
People like the "value" of the Uppababy since it comes with bugcover etc. I have all that stuff and I never use it. Again, like the first response said, if you are looking to save money first and foremost, the Uppababy will serve your needs. But if you want the best stroller even if its a bit more, Bugaboo is the gold standard.

You're not really saving that much, it's a matter of 60 bucks when you're already spending over 700...

It's so interesting that you are saying this...I davka DIDN'T get the Bugaboo for all the reasons you mentioned.
I guess it has to do with where you live, and what you mostly use the carriage for, walking or driving...

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:48 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
amother wrote:

I don't know what rubber air tires are, but I do know that people that have iit think that it's ridiculous that it comes with a maintenance kit and the wheels need to be oiled?

THATS what worries you? Ive never ever oiled the wheels... who told you that? I use mine extensively every day for 3 years and I've never had to do anything to the wheels. But why would it be ridiculous to come with a few tools that you never have to use?

I really don't find that, and I hate using a MOmmy hook because if I put too many bags on, the carriage tips...

Okay so dont use the Mommy Hook when your kid isnt in there. Or dont use it at all. The basket is huge as well.

Also if your child is not they type to stand on a board, and will just wanna run off, you can use the Rumble seat which lets you strap the child in...

I was only responding to someone who said how great it is that her kid can stand on that.

You're not really saving that much, it's a matter of 60 bucks when you're already spending over 700...

[b]It's so interesting that you are saying this...I davka DIDN'T get the Bugaboo for all the reasons you mentioned.
I guess it has to do with where you live, and what you mostly use the carriage for, walking or driving...

OP, the main thing is that the Bugaboo is lighter, narrower, sleeker, and easier to manuver.. comeing from someone who has experience with both. The Uppababy is unquestionably bulky and the wheels are ridiculously huge.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:51 pm
amother wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
amother wrote:

[size=8]
[color=blue][color=blue] [b]THATS what worries you? Ive never ever oiled the wheels... who told you that? I use mine extensively every day for 3 years and I've never had to do anything to the wheels. But why would it be ridiculous to come with a few tools that you never have to use? [/color][/color]
[/size]

Okay so dont use the Mommy Hook when your kid isnt in there. Or dont use it at all. The basket is huge as well.

[color=red][size=8]
I was only responding to someone who said how great it is that her kid can stand on that.
[/size]
[/color]

It's so interesting that you are saying this...I davka DIDN'T get the Bugaboo for all the reasons you mentioned.

[color=red][size=10]OP, the main thing is that the Bugaboo is lighter, narrower, sleeker, and easier to manuver.. comeing from someone who has experience with both. The Uppababy is unquestionably bulky and the wheels are ridiculously huge.
[/size][/color]

SplitPea

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 2:05 pm
can I chime in with a third option of the city select? Its new and sooo much better then the uppa baby vista and really seems to have the best of both strollers... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdeMgSm-xe0

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 2:07 pm
The uppa is wider but has more room for bags underneath the carriage. It is bulky and hard to put in the car.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 3:53 pm
I have an Uppa and LOVE it. Was deciding between the Bugaboo and Uppa and it just seemed like an obvious choice to go for the uppa- huge basket, turns into double stroller, can fold in one piece when seat is rear facing, handlebar extends, no need for extra fabric.... I have no problem getting it in and out of any doorways and we live in the city. It has everything that the bugaboo has plus more...

shmoopy

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 4:36 pm
I Have the bugaboo cameleon for my walking stroller and the bugaboo bee for my car, best desicion ever.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics