Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
How do you safely travel in a taxi with a baby?

IloveHashem613

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 5:55 pm
What the heck do people do when they have to take a car service or taxi with a baby? I might have to take a taxi a few times this week with my baby and I don't know what to do about the carseat issue? I know people just hold their children on laps but I refused to compromise my baby's safety like that. Is there a easy, portable carseat out there?

newlymarried

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 6:00 pm
Some car services have their own car seats.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 6:01 pm
ive never had to do it, but I would take a car seat with me.

shnitzel

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 6:02 pm
With an infant you can easily use a bucket seat without a base and just use the seatbelt in the cab and lock it.
If you need a convertible you can install it pretty quickly. I have a cosco scenera which is great for travelling b/c it is light and cheap and rearfaces to 35 lbs. You can get a case to help carry it. I personally prefer subways now b/c I hate schlepping a car seat.

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 6:38 pm
are you talking about an infant? or a toddler?

An infant is easy. Snap and Gos are the best. You do not need a base strapped into the car--just buckle your car seat in.

With a toddler, either take your own or call a car service (yes there are some in NY) that provide car seats.

Aylat

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 1:59 am
There are lot of baby car seats that clip in and out of the pushchair - they're called travel systems. More expensive than one that's not compatible, but may well be worth it if this situation comes up all the time.

Booster seats for preschoolers - I sometimes carry in the basket of my pushchair if I'm going to need it. Not terribly convenient, but do-able.

When I have all three kids with me, I book a disabled access taxi/black cab, that has a space for a wheelchair. I keep the two younger kids strapped into the double pushchair, which fits where the wheelchair goes, and bring the booster seat for my 5y.o.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics