Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Keeping shnitzel warm for friday night

amother

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 5:25 pm
What is the best way to keep fried chicken/chicken fingers warm for Friday night dinner? I have tried keeping it covered; it turns soggy. I kept it on a hotplate; sorta rubbery. The best way it came out so far was by keeping it uncovered on the side, eaten cold... Not bad, but not exactly it. Any suggestions?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 5:39 pm
I also find the only acceptable way is to leave it out, uncovered at room temperature.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 6:48 pm
That's why I don't make shnitzel for Friday night. I don't think there is any good way to serve it hot on Shabbos. I tried putting it in the oven just before shabbos, with the oven at a very high temp, then turning off. Someone told me it comes out good this way. But it wasn't really hot by the time I served it, and a bit dried out.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 6:54 pm
HOW DO YOU KEEP ANY FOOD WARM ON FRIDAY NIGHT:? my food is always room temperature how do I do the towel thing

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 9:43 pm
I wrap it loosely (I find that the precut foil does a good job because it has tiny holes in it) and put it on top of the crock pot. I also try to make it as close to Shabbos as possible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen