Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Your most delicious chicken recipe
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Flowerchild

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 12:14 pm
this is my fav recipe

chicken pieces
tamarind paste
tomato sauce
corriander
garlic
fresh tomatoes
bay leaf
onions

fry onions add garlic fry until soft add chicken tomatoes tomatoe paste, salt, pepper, tamarind paste bay leaf. cook for half hour then after chicken is soft and cooked add fresh corriander.

serve with rice

HelloEverybody

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 12:32 pm
batya_d wrote:
I've been married 9 months and still haven't found the "perfect" fri. night chicken recipe.

What is your biggest hit for fri. night chicken?

I make a gazillion chicken recipes and when I was first married had the same problem. Perhaps you're cooking the chicken for too long. Once I realized that was my problem, my chicken was yummy from then on. I also have a GREAT stuffing to put under chicken that helps keep itmoist and yum.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 12:50 pm
anonymous because I've given this recipe to many of my friends. it is a big hit every time we have guests.

saute an onion
add 1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
mix well on fire

pour onto chicken. bake covered for 1 1/4 hrs. then uncovered for 1/2 hr. on 350.

easy and delicious sweet and sour recipe

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 1:12 pm
I make it baked. paprika and garlic powder is standard, but sometimes I sprinkle black pepper, and drizzle honey over the chicken. Or rub honey or apricot preserves all over; it comes out glazed. Smple and delicious.

batya_d

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 2:52 pm
SaraYehudis wrote:
I make it baked. paprika and garlic powder is standard, but sometimes I sprinkle black pepper, and drizzle honey over the chicken. Or rub honey or apricot preserves all over; it comes out glazed. Smple and delicious.

How long and at what temperature do you bake it? Covered or uncovered? This is similar to a great chicken I had once, but wasn't able to replicate.

redhot

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 4:19 pm
I dont typically make regular chicken for shabbos. I usually make some type of cutlets or meat, but if I do make chicken it is this recipe. I love it and so does my husband
sauce:
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup duck sauce
2 Tablespoons soy sauce

other ingredients: 1 onion, 3 idaho potatoes,garlic powder, 1 chicken in 1/4s

Put sliced onion and 3 thinly sliced potatoes on bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Put chicken 1/4s on top. Shake on some garlic powder. Pour on sauce. Bake covered for 1 hour and 30 minutes, and then uncovered for another 20-30 minutes. (all on 350)[/u]

Crayon210

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 2:24 pm
Gefen.

Estee2

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 3:04 pm
Good to know !

Thank you, Crayon ! Thumbs Up Salut

batya_d

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 6:05 pm
My favorite new recipe, courtesy of the Food Network:

Garlic Rosemary chicken in white wine sauce

Place chicken parts in a roasting pan
Add several cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
Add lots of fresh rosemary sprigs all over and around the chicken
drizzle with olive oil.

Bake at 425, adding 1/2 c. white wine and juice of 1 lemon 20 mins. before chicken is done. Spoon juices over chicken occasionally.

queen

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 7:15 pm
Easy and makes a great gravy to serve over rice:
equal amounts of ketchup and brown sugar.
(Rebbetzin Ausband's recipe)

previa

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 9:53 am
mom2six, that chicken recipe of ketchup, soy sauce, honey and garlic powder sounds delicious. What temperature is the oven and do you bake it covered or uncovered?

chillax

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 12:14 pm
Sautee onions and garlic, sprinkle paprika and place chicken (I take the skin off) skin side down on it. Next add a package (4 tbs) of onions soup mix over chicken and cover with orange juice. Cover and let simmer 1 hour.
Take chicken and place skin side up in pan, put the onion mixture on top and pour sauce in pan too. Bake uncovered for 1/2 hr at 350. It's really yummy. The orange juice makes such a great gravy. You can't even be tell that it's orange juice once it's done. YUM Tongue Out

jewgal84

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 4:20 pm
Here's one thats a great hit every time I make it:

This dressing makes for 5 pieces of chicken, so multiply by how much you make...

1/4 C Mayo
2 Tbl Ketchup
2 Tsp onion soup mix

Mix all together and spread evenly chickens with dressing.

Bake in oven at 350 for one hour, or until chicken is done, uncovered.

Optional, you can add sliced potatoes or/and onions on the bottom of chickens.

bonzie

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 4:24 pm
theres a recipe in the kosher pallate that if u make will be the best chicken u ever have! ever! its called smoked hickory chicken, if u don't have the book let me know I will post it for u

Ahuva

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 4:28 pm
1/2 jar apricot jam (I like kedem cuz it has no pieces)
One package onion soup mix

mix till brown thick liquid. shmear on chicken (I like skinless) and pour leftover into pan. Bake on 350 for about 1.5 hr. covered very tightly.

has a great sauce.

MOM222

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 4:58 pm
I do the same as Ahuva, but keep it in the oven a bit longer. Its perfect every time

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 5:08 pm
Any sugggestion for a less rich type of chicken- w/o a jar of jam, or a pkg. of onion soup mix or other non healthy, highly chemical ingredients?

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 5:20 pm
batya_d wrote:
SaraYehudis wrote:

How long and at what temperature do you bake it? Covered or uncovered? This is similar to a great chicken I had once, but wasn't able to replicate.

batya_d, I just saw your question, sorry I didn't notice it then Smile . I bake it about an hour to an hour and a half. Really I don't time it, just check for crispy looking skin, and that "done" smell will tip me off. ( I don't take off the skin). Also, I bake it uncovered. If the gravy is very liquid, I like to bake it longer, so more of the flavor "bakes back in." The temperature depends on how big the quarters are. If it's a larger chicken, 375F or even 390. If it's smaller, broiler size, then 350F. In my experience, the lower temperatures are better for retention of flavor, but it also takes longer, so it depends if I'm short on time or not.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 5:31 pm
My best baked chicken that is always a hit is so simple. Just make a paste with a bit of oil, black pepper, galic pder, onion pderand paprika rub onto chicken top and bottom and bake covered 1and a half hours and about 20 min uncovered. u can also slice in potatoes (just make sure the mixure covers the potatoes fully)

shoy18

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 6:00 pm
amother wrote:
My best baked chicken that is always a hit is so simple. Just make a paste with a bit of oil, black pepper, galic pder, onion pderand paprika rub onto chicken top and bottom and bake covered 1and a half hours and about 20 min uncovered. u can also slice in potatoes (just make sure the mixure covers the potatoes fully)

Me too, but to make it even better add bread crumbs to it and coat the whole chicken its delicious crunchy and moist inside
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey