Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
HCG diet - questions and answers
  Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 8:45 pm
yentadevosha wrote:
Is it ok to do while nursing?I read a little bit about this diet, it says not to. Is it because I'll have a decrease in milk supply or are the hormones not safe for the baby?

According the website for the HHCG that I use (myfatcure.com), one should not use it while nursing for the following reason:

"No way. Cannot do this when nursing. An EXTRA 500 calories per day goes into milk production. On a calorie restrictive diet, the milk can dry up, resulting in a LOT of problems. Not to mention the mother is still producing HCG and the body is still burning up fat to produce milk, so it's a complete waste of time/money. "

yentadevosha

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 10:19 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
yentadevosha wrote:
Is it ok to do while nursing?I read a little bit about this diet, it says not to. Is it because I'll have a decrease in milk supply or are the hormones not safe for the baby?

According the website for the HHCG that I use (myfatcure.com), one should not use it while nursing for the following reason:

"No way. Cannot do this when nursing. An EXTRA 500 calories per day goes into milk production. On a calorie restrictive diet, the milk can dry up, resulting in a LOT of problems. Not to mention the mother is still producing HCG and the body is still burning up fat to produce milk, so it's a complete waste of time/money. "

Thanks for the reply. I guess it isn't for me yet.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 8:00 am
yentadevosha wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
yentadevosha wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I guess it isn't for me yet.

Keep in mind for after you wean your baby -- it is reallly amazing!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 10:48 am
I'm not sure how close my 17 mo old is on weaning. are the injections different for nursing mothers??

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 11:53 am
amother wrote:
I'm not sure how close my 17 mo old is on weaning. are the injections different for nursing mothers??

I'm quite sure they also say you can't do the injections while nursing for the same reasons.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 1:59 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
amother wrote:

I'm quite sure they also say you can't do the injections while nursing for the same reasons.

I don't see why this cannot be done while nursing.
I've been pregnant and nursing my older baby many times.
The drops have a minute amount of HCG, much less than when pregnant(and nursing while pregnant).
This is a link of a site, she did this diet when her nursing baby was 6 months old.
http://www.mypositivelifechang......html

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 2:00 pm
I may be starting soon Smile

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
amother wrote:

The drops have a minute amount of HCG, much less than when pregnant(and nursing while pregnant).
This is a link of a site, she did this diet when her nursing baby was 6 months old.

As I said above:

That doesn't mean no one's done it successfully -- it means that there's a reasonable chance you'll have problem with your milk supply and that it may not work well and could be a waste of time and/or money.

That quote is from the person who developed the HHCG spray that I use (see the link quoted).

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 19 2010, 9:46 am
I thought some of you here might be interested in this story:

This past week I had an appointment with one of my doctors. He is the had of a large department and is known as one of the top doctors in his specialty in this city. He is also a member of the frum community and someone with whom our family has had acquaintance for many years.

When he saw me, he did somewhat of a double take, making sure it was me, and then commented on how well I look having lost a lot of weight. He asked how I did it, and I told him about the HHCG spray protocol.

He said that he has recently come across a man who had done a HCG diet (injections in this case) who'd lost 50 lbs. in 6 weeks. I told him that was a typical loss for a man (for a woman it is around half of that).

He asked how to get information about the HHCG spray, commenting this would be great for his XXX type of patients (for whom losing weight has tremendous benefit to their condition).

I emailed him the information. Today, he emailed me back that he had ordered it.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 10:40 am
I just started reading the book and on page 20 it says

Quote:
I must warn the lay reader that what follows is mainly for the treating physician and most certainly not a do-ityourself
primer. Many of the expressions used mean something entirely different to a qualified doctor than that
which their common use implies, and only a physician can correctly interpret the symptoms which may arise during
treatment. Any patient who thinks he can reduce by taking a few “shots” and eating less is not only sure to be
disappointed but may be heading for serious trouble. The benefit the patient can derive from reading this part of the
book is a fuller realization of how very important it is for him to follow to the letter his physician's instructions

This made me a bit nervous. I assume this Rob from the myfatcure website is not an MD. What kind of doctor can supervise this?

MiamiMommy

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 10:57 am
I'm sure if you speak to your gp, he or she would monitor you. Otherwise, you'd probably have to find a doctor who actually does the shots.

Well, it's day five for me, I've lost 13lbs. I know much of it is water weight, but it sure is encouraging!

amother

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 11:15 am
MiamiMommy wrote:
I'm sure if you speak to your gp, he or she would monitor you. Otherwise, you'd probably have to find a doctor who actually does the shots.

Well, it's day five for me, I've lost 13lbs. I know much of it is water weight, but it sure is encouraging!

you dont need a special weight loss doctor for monitoring?

Are you doing this on your own without a dr?

amother

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 11:22 am
MiamiMommy wrote:

Yay Miamimommy! Salut
Amother, Dr. Simeon was talking about the injections.
I've done 2 rounds with the homeopathic drops without a dr. supervising and I was very successful as were over 10 other family members.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 11:47 am
I've also done it without a physician supervising (though my doctor is very happy with the results).

They do recommend that for this as well as most weight loss programs that you get your physician's approval.

For the homeopathic HCG spray we've been discussing, actual medical supervision shouldn't be necessary unless you've got some medical conditions, but your physician should decide that.

MommyZ

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 11:54 am
I am still currently breastfeeding. Do I have to fully wean or wait until he's ready to self-wean to do this diet? I have a lot of weight to lose.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 11:56 am
OOTBubby wrote:
I've also done it without a physician supervising (though my doctor is very happy with the results).

They do recommend that for this as well as most weight loss programs that you get your physician's approval.

For the homeopathic HCG spray we've been discussing, actual medical supervision shouldn't be necessary unless you've got some medical conditions, but your physician should decide that.

So we can go to our regular GP and ask him to OK this diet?

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 11:57 am
MommyZ wrote:
I am still currently breastfeeding. Do I have to fully wean or wait until he's ready to self-wean to do this diet? I have a lot of weight to lose.

They say it absolutely should not be done without nursing -- see the info I posted on this either earlier in this thread or in the other thread about HCG.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 12:00 pm
amother wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:

So we can go to our regular GP and ask him to OK this diet?

Sure, though many physicians aren't familiar with it and may be skeptical. If you would consult the doctor in general before dieting, you should do so. But if you don't normally, I don't see any reason to do so with this diet over any other one. It's your call.

As a note, I recently saw a physician of a totally non-related specialty who I've known for many years. He took a look at me, looked back at my chart to be sure I was who the chart said, and commented immediately on how much weight I've lost and how good I look. He asked about how I did it, and then said he'd recently heard of someone else who'd lost a lot with HCG. He asked for the website info as he felt it would be beneficial for many of his patients, and he then ordered it.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 4:42 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
amother wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
amother wrote:

As I said above:

That doesn't mean no one's done it successfully -- it means that there's a reasonable chance you'll have problem with your milk supply and that it may not work well and could be a waste of time and/or money.

That quote is from the person who developed the HHCG spray that I use (see the link quoted).

I'm the amother that provided the link to the nursing mom who has done it.
I'm currently pregnant, and hope to contact her about 6 months postpartum in order to do the diet.
I've done 2 rounds and was very successful.

MommyZ

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 9:12 am
Thanks. I guess I will wait until after my son's second birthday.
Page 3 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise