Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
HCG DIET ANYONE? UNHEALTHY?
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

Dobat

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 12:46 pm
My DH met a friend at a wedding last night who recently lost 55lbs! He looks fantastic! He explained to my DH that he is on the HCG diet. The diet involves a 500 calorie diet along with a HCG spray (yes, the hormone found in pregnant women!!!). Apparently, this spray causes the metabolism to work again, as the dr who invented this says sometimes the metabolism stops working and this spray so called resets it. This guy looks fantastic, it is so tempting to me. Anyone tried this before? all info on this diet can be found at www.myfatcure.com

prettyone

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 12:50 pm
any diet with so few calories has to be dangerous. I would stay away. I once went on a very low calorie diet and lost my period for six months. it was not healthy at all

ilovestrollers

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 1:28 pm
Yes, I did the HCG and so did DH. DH lost like 45 pounds and looks amazing. DH did two cycles. I lost 10-15, didn't have much to lose. I now weight 127, haven't gained any back, and I am on less bp and diabetes drugs. It really works! I did it in February and had zero side effects. Yes of course I was nervous to try it, but there are far worse side effects to the drugs I was on to control bp and diabetes, and now I am healthier than I've been in a while.

Yocheved84

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 2:18 pm
There was a thread on this not too long ago. I know people have different experiences, and I don't condemn the above poster (and BH you should continue your path to healthiness/weight loss maintenance, etc.) but I am in HUGE opposition to HCG.

Injecting yourself with something brings inherent dangers--injecting an oxygen bubble into yourself (fatal), pain, etc. And the calorie restriction is AWFUL.

I have lost sixty pounds this year--it has been slow and steady, but it's staying off. And I did it with old fashioned diet and exercising. HCG is a "quick fix"--unless you learn healthy diet/exercise habits, the weight loss from HCG won't stay off.

I lost thousands of dollars (later returned to me by the weight loss doctor) on HCG. For the record, there has been insufficient study of its use for weight loss in America. Every doctor who advocates HCG quotes some French study from 30+ years ago. There's a reason why our FDA hasn't approved it for this.

Please, please, do your research on this before making a decision.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:07 pm
HCG definitely works.
I've done 2 rounds and have lost over 60 lbs in 12 weeks.( Actually it's 40 days a round and then 3 weeks of eating well excluding starch or sugar. In the next 3 weeks you introduce sugar and starch slowly and can then begin another round.
I too reduced my meds. I have so much energy and I am NOT hungry on this 500 cal diet.

I'm quoting from here:http://diyhcg.com/

We know that many doctors scoff at the HCG diet when they first hear about it. This is mostly because 500 calories per day is generally considered unhealthy, which we agree -- generally. If HCG is not in play, we consider 500 calories per day unhealthy. However, HCG changes everything by releasing fat (I.e. additional calories) into the blood stream for proper usage.

For the record, we have not come across any doctors who have actually seen the HCG diet work that did not approve. Again, it is more the philosophy of the diet that they have an issue.

Just keep in mind that a medical doctor, Dr. ATW Simeons, created and studied the HCG diet for over 20 years. Between his experience and our experience, we have no doubts whatsoever that this is the real deal. Furthermore, we have worked with thousands of cases that certainly dispel the “won’t work”, “is a scam”, “isn’t safe”, etc. conclusions. Just take a look at our HCG Success Stories Page to see for yourself.

HCG releases up to 4000cal of your abnormal fat stores(dr simeons term for hard to access fat). So no you aren't hungry

Yocheved I respect the fact that youve lost 60 lbs the old fashioned way, but please realize that it DOES NOT work for everyone.
In fact I've exercised 7 days a week, doing kickboxing, HIIT, and weight training, yet no results.
Of course I got stronger, but I stayed fat. I also dieted very strictly eating mostly protien and veggies.

This is the first time the results are astounding AND consistent. It worked Both times!!
I thank Hashem that my doctor told me about this!

I don't trust the FDA with my health they are definitely funded by the multi -billion dollar diet companies, who have every reason to want to keep us fat.

I was taking the homeopathic form of HCG so NO INJECTIONS. They work as well as the injections
according to my doctor who had patients take both.

It cost less than 100 dollars for 34 lbs.
If anyone is interested they need to read this:http://www.diyhcg.com/skin/frontend/default/diyhcg/docs/Dr%20Simeons%20Manuscript.pdf

It cannot be done without understanding the basic science behind this.

I have 11 family members who have done this, 7 women and 4 men, and we've all had similar results B"H!

Yocheved it's NOT a quick fix. Any diet that is done needs to be followed up with healthy diet/exercise habits.
The weight you lost the SLOW way will come back (chas vesholom) as fast as mine will if not maintained with good dieting and exercise.
Hatzlacha everyone! Very Happy

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:09 pm
http://www.diyhcg.com/skin/fro.....t.pdf

Sorry I'm trying to link, not sure if itll work embarrassed

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:10 pm
It worked!
Heres the other link with the product I use:

They have a section that will answer the questions you might have.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:12 pm
Sorry once again here is the correct link:
http://www.diyhcg.com/why-diy-hcg/

Dobat

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:22 pm
OP here - Cheers for all the positive feedback guys! DH and I will be starting the diet as soon as the product arrives!
Besides for Chicken broth, what other "free foods" are allowed in unlimited quantities?
Thanks!

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:35 pm
Dobat wrote:
OP here - Cheers for all the positive feedback guys! DH and I will be starting the diet as soon as the product arrives!
Besides for Chicken broth, what other "free foods" are allowed in unlimited quantities?
Thanks!

You'll see, YOU REALLY WONT BE HUNGRY.
It's amazing, really. You might be bored and want to eat bec you're used to eating but the hunger is really not there after the first couple of days.

Free foods would be (maybe) an extra veggie, like celery or lettuce. You could eat the lettuce from the bag like chips. LOL
But seriously you need to realize that even though it's only 40 days, it take ALOT of dedication and commitment to do this right. It works very well but you need to be strict and eat only what dr simeon writes is good.
Also no oily products like cream or oily cosmetics. It does affect the weight loss.
Use gloves when you handle food so that the oil doesn't get absorbed thru your skin.

How much weight do you want to lose?
What HCG did you order?

Hatzlacha to you and your husband and make sure to read the book by Dr. Simeon Pounds and Inches.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:40 pm
ilovestrollers wrote:
Yes, I did the HCG and so did DH. DH lost like 45 pounds and looks amazing. DH did two cycles. I lost 10-15, didn't have much to lose. I now weight 127, haven't gained any back, and I am on less bp and diabetes drugs. It really works! I did it in February and had zero side effects. Yes of course I was nervous to try it, but there are far worse side effects to the drugs I was on to control bp and diabetes, and now I am healthier than I've been in a while.

I agree with the bolded part.
Being obese is much worse for our health then doing something that was tested by a medical doctor.
It's done for a short amount of time and then it's over.....

It's popular in Europe for many years now. A friend of mine has 3 family members in Europe who have done it and aren't morbidly obese anymore.

ilovestrollers

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:44 pm
Exactly, you are on HCG for such a short time. I weigh myself every day now, so if I go up a pound, I lose it right away. I actually mentioned it my endocrinologist, and after some initial speculation she was all for it. Just looking at me and measuring my bp, which was low! totally impressed her. I also tried to lose the 15 pounds in so many ways and nothing worked, because my metabolism was so messed up. This HCG drug really did fix my metabolism, I can eat a lot and not gain weight.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:54 pm
ilovestrollers wrote:
Exactly, you are on HCG for such a short time. I weigh myself every day now, so if I go up a pound, I lose it right away. I actually mentioned it my endocrinologist, and after some initial speculation she was all for it. Just looking at me and measuring my bp, which was low! totally impressed her. I also tried to lose the 15 pounds in so many ways and nothing worked, because my metabolism was so messed up. This HCG drug really did fix my metabolism, I can eat a lot and not gain weight.

Thumbs Up
I'd like to quote the
http://www.diyhcg.com/why-diy-hcg/

Won’t I still lose the same amount of weight just easting a very low calorie diet without spending the money on HCG?

Most people will lose weight by simply decreasing their caloric intake and increasing their amount of activity. However, that simply does not work for some people. AND, for the people for which it does work, the weight lost is not usually the fat that they really want gone: belly, upper arms, butt, neck fat, etc.

If you try to just eat the 500 calories, good luck. Let me know in about…um…a day or two how you are doing on the diet. Actually, just tell me how many hours you were on it before you gave up due to extreme fatigue, hunger, and general “horrible” feeling. If you are a trooper and do stay on it for about a week, you will most probably lose weight. The weight will be in your face, your chest (ladies), the cute part of your butt (ladies), and in muscle (guys and ladies). You will also be exhausted and weak and FEEL like you are on a 500 calorie diet. Then, after you have lost a few pounds, your body will most likely go into ‘starvation mode’ and start holding on to everything that you put into your mouth until you give up. But watch out because you will start to gain weight quickly while your body ‘recovers’ what it lost plus a little more for safekeeping. Sound familiar? So, that is a not-so-fun weight loss technique. But hey, if you want to save the $80 measly dollars (about $2 per day), then have at it!

On the other hand, with the HCG in your system, you will have the HCG pumping through you and releasing fat, calories, protein from your usually inaccessible fat reserves making you feel full already + you are eating your 500 calories allowed per day. You will find that you are feeling great, having energy, losing from where you want to lose, and totally reshaping your body. Then, when you come off the HCG and 500 calorie diet, do the maintenance phase for 6 weeks (see ‘maintenance’ under “Which HCG phase are you in?”). And, guess what! Most people have a much better chance of maintaining their weight loss. It’s amazing. We know.

How can I possibly survive on a 500 calorie per day HCG diet? I’ll STARVE!

You WON’T STARVE. Again and again we will tell you. Hopefully soon it will seep in past this barrier you have up. Most participants are NOT hungry. Why is that again? Remember what the HCG does. It allows you to tap into your abnormal fat resources and RELEASE all of those fats, calories, proteins, etc that are stored there into your bloodstream. Therefore, your body is not only getting the 500 calories eaten. Your body is getting the 500 calories you eat PLUS 1500-4000 calories (per Dr. Simeons) that the HCG releases from your abnormal fat stores. This is why you are generally not hungry, why your metabolism does NOT slow down, and why you are not ripping someone’s head off because you just gotta EAT.

It is normal to feel a slight hunger for the first few days of the diet as the HCG is getting established in your system. However, at about day 4 or 5, you should be feeling quite well and generally satisfied. You will be in a routine and only eating because it is time to eat; not because you are starving.

Do I have to gorge (eat as much fatty food as I can get down) for the first 2 days on HCG for the HCG diet?

Yes! You must gorge. (See sample gorge menus under “What HCG Phase are You In?”) This gets your body’s normal fat reserves stocked up to keep you feeling okay until the HCG has fully opened up your abnormal fat reserves to start releasing fat from there according to Dr. Simeons.

If you do not gorge, you may be miserable for the first 4-7 days of the HCG diet.

Gorging is fun! LOL

MrsDash

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:57 pm
Consuming too few calories can send your body into "starvation mode," which can lead to muscle loss, and a slower metabolism. HCG may "appear" to work at the start of the diet, but the weight loss will eventually slow down.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:14 pm
yoshi wrote:
Consuming too few calories can send your body into "starvation mode," which can lead to muscle loss, and a slower metabolism. HCG may "appear" to work at the start of the diet, but the weight loss will eventually slow down.

Look I know all that but I also know my results and of countless people who have finally seen results after years of unsuccessful conventional dieting.
How can you say it appears to work, those 62 lbs are B"H gone!
When I finally maintain, I'll be able to do it at a healthy weight, whereas up till now I've been eating mostly low carb and no processed foods yet was obese.

My weight loss has not slowed down because even though I've lost over 60 lbs, I still need to lose 40.
So I will BE"H do 2 more rounds and no you do not lose more than needed. The weight loss is only from the inaccessible fat stores.
I know that as I come closer to my goal, Yes my weight loss will slow down but that's expected.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:53 pm
I have one question - is anybody past the honeymoon stage of losing the weight on this sickening diet? I'd be super super surprised if this is something that can stick once you hit your goal and continue with life. Injecting oneself with HCG for dieting is IMO, not something that one should do.

I don't think this is any different than any other fad diet out there and can't fathom why people still buy into such things.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:04 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
I have one question - is anybody past the honeymoon stage of losing the weight on this sickening diet? I'd be super super surprised if this is something that can stick once you hit your goal and continue with life. Injecting oneself with HCG for dieting is IMO, not something that one should do.

I don't think this is any different than any other fad diet out there and can't fathom why people still buy into such things.

I don't understand what you mean by honeymoon stage.
But if you mean did anyone stick to it long term, yes like I said, a friend of mine has 3 family members in Europe that have maintained their weight for many years.

I do NOT inject myself I take the homeopathic drops 3 times a day.
It is only 40 days each round, depending on how much you want to lose.

Now what does you mean by "I'd be super super surprised if this is something that can stick once you hit your goal and continue with life"

The only thing one needs to do after losing your weight is weigh yourself every day and eat in a healthy way, just like other diets.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:09 pm
Lifesgreat, I respect you alot, you're very well read and always have very knowledgeable posts,but this time you have no idea what you're talking about.
Please read dr simeons book before judging.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

I don't understand what you mean by honeymoon stage.
But if you mean did anyone stick to it long term, yes like I said, a friend of mine has 3 family members in Europe that have maintained their weight for many years.

I do NOT inject myself I take the homeopathic drops 3 times a day.
It is only 40 days each round, depending on how much you want to lose.

Now what does you mean by "I'd be super super surprised if this is something that can stick once you hit your goal and continue with life"

The only thing one needs to do after losing your weight is weigh yourself every day and eat in a healthy way, just like other diets.

I can't believe that a 500 calorie diet can be healthy long term. Regardless of how long your cousins are keeping to it. If it'd be for a short while until you reach goal, it's not healthy, but ok. But to upkeep such a diet?

Whatever. I just can't understand someone killing their body slowly in order to be thinner. I know about struggling with weight, I've been there, and am still there. I just don't get this.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:16 pm
Let me explain Lifesgreat.
You only eat 500 cal for 40 days and ONLY when your on HCG.

After losing the weight 34-40 lbs in those 40 days, you eat NORMALLY again.
A healthy diet of whatever amount of cal is good for you.
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise