Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
First siddur for a 3 year old

tovarena

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 12:24 pm
Our kids are turning three in September and we're already planning the upsherin/hachnosos l'chnich (yes, I know, crazy momma planning 5 months in advance!). Our thought right now is to cut DS's hair and possibly let DD get a couple of snips as well if she starts getting nuts (though we may do either the sticker thing that other people suggested for her or let her hold the tzedaka box - though we're a little concerned that DS might object to him not having one). The rest, they'll do together (aleph bais, shma, etc.). We'd also like to get them each their first siddur (if they see us davening, they each grab a bencher and shuckle along with us so we're figuring it's time to introduce it). But we're not seeing much in the way of kids siddurim. I've seen the artscroll, and then a couple that have buttons or musical portions. We're hoping for something without that so we can use it on shabbos. Any suggestions? It should be nusach ashkenaz. Also, can you suggest places online to get it? I've already done some googling and just found the ones I mentioned above (along with a bunch of conservative, reform, and reconstrucntionist ones as well).

TIA!

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 2:11 pm
There's a very cute one with pictures and it comes with a CD. Its called My First Sing Along Siddur. You can find it in the Judaica stores.

tovarena

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 9:23 am
Thanks! Does anyone else know of any others? Or seriously just only 2 kids siddurim? I'm so surprised that there aren't more.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 9:29 am
I can find some here in Israel.

This is a nice idea and since Nati isn't toilet trained maybe we'll get him a first siddur.

Isramom8

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 9:37 am
There's a little leather bound, each page plastic coated one in Israel called Sidduri, or Hasiddur Sheli, depending on if it's the Chareidi or Dati version. A good size for kids and cute photos of kids of both genders. The pix are a little outdated, from the 1980s, but so what?

saw50st8

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 9:37 am
We just got DS (he is 2) the Artscroll one. He likes to daven in shul so its helpful.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 9:39 am
I've seen this one: http://www.israel-catalog.com/.....13531 around but I haven't looked inside the pages.

I can possibly get a better price. I can find out how much they are.

This site has photos of the inside: http://www.judaism.com/display.asp?etn=DHCFB

here are more photos of inside the book: http://www.halamish-stam.co.il.....D7%9C

tovarena

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 11:06 am
Ooh! Thanks y'all! I just knew there had to be more options. Yesha, yeah, the siddur thing is a nice idea. There was another thread (I think in the twins section) where I first saw it suggested. And since we've got the boy/girl thing going on, we're working VERY hard on trying to make sure we have enough to include DD in (hence the starting 5 months in advance Wink ).

I really do like the Shema Tefilati that you mentioned, Yesha.

Isramom, I found two HaSiddur Sheli books. I assume you mean this one?
rather than this one?
Also, what's the difference between the Dati and Charedi versions? Prayer for the State of Israel?

While using those names to search on, I also came across another one, Siddurchik:
Has anyone gotten/seen that one?

Now we have lots of choices! Yay! Now I just wish we were doing the pilot trip BEFORE they turned three so we could stock up on all sorts of stuff for the upsherin!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 10:50 am
tovarena wrote:
Ooh! Thanks y'all! I just knew there had to be more options. Yesha, yeah, the siddur thing is a nice idea. There was another thread (I think in the twins section) where I first saw it suggested. And since we've got the boy/girl thing going on, we're working VERY hard on trying to make sure we have enough to include DD in (hence the starting 5 months in advance Wink ).

I really do like the Shema Tefilati that you mentioned, Yesha.

Isramom, I found two HaSiddur Sheli books. I assume you mean this one?
We have this, as well as the blue one called "Sidduri". My second and third use this for davening (3 and 1.5; my 1.5 year old just covers her eyes and shuckles Tongue Out). The red one is DL, blue is chareidi.
Few differences like Yom Haatzmaut in red, blue has chanuka instead? I can't remember. Does not really make a difference in the daily use of it. The pictures are reflective of the audience it caters to -- the blue one has chareidi kids.
Has basic tefillos that a 3 year old would say...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics