Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Liebers "passover" soy sauce...
1  2  Next

myomi

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 4:23 pm
Did anyone buy it? Is it considered kitniyot or is it permissible?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 4:27 pm
I haven't see that and I am fascinated !!!!

myomi

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 4:41 pm
I called y local butcher where I was told by a friend its sold, and its kitniyot free! apparently very good, but saltier then regular soy sauce. I am planning to make miami ribs with it.I am very excited! I even purchased immitation mustard(kitniyot free)

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 10:19 pm
myomi wrote:
Did anyone buy it? Is it considered kitniyot or is it permissible?

If it's Liebers I highly doubt it's kitniyos.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 10:21 pm
It's kitnius free.
I bought it last year and...

IT'S GROSS!

If you want an awesome recipe for homemade Passover teriyaki sauce, let me know.

Rodent

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 11:29 pm
I'd be interested in the recipe for teriyaki sauce ra_mom. My husband loves it and I'd like to surprise him Smile

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 11:36 pm
Rodent wrote:
I'd be interested in the recipe for teriyaki sauce ra_mom. My husband loves it and I'd like to surprise him Smile

Pesach 'Teriyaki' Sauce - KBD
8 tsp beef consomme powder
2 cups cola, not diet
1 Tbsp oil
2 cloves fresh minced garlic
1 (1.5 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp potato starch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp cooking sherry (you can use any dry wine)

In a medium pot, dissolve the beef consomme powder in the cola. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a medium pan, heat the vegetable oil. Saute the garlic and ginger for 1 minute, until cooked through and starting to become golden.
Add it to the cola. Add the sugar and honey. Whisk as it simmers for 1 minute. Whisk in the dissolved potato starch and simmer for 30 seconds to 1 minute until thickened. Add the sherry. Remove from heat.

This makes 2 cups. It's delicious, so double the recipe if you think you'll need more than the 2 cups.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 11:52 pm
If anyone want's a recipe for a Pesach Asian stir fry made without any soy or teriyaki sauce, let me know.

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 12:03 am
we don't use most of those ingredients...

whats in the stir fry?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 12:17 am
bnm wrote:

whats in the stir fry?

IIRC, it calls for water chestnuts, among other ingredients. Sorry.
I'm sure you can make it with your own mix of veggies (carrots, peppers, onions...)

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 1:16 am
ra_mom wrote:
bnm wrote:

whats in the stir fry?

IIRC, it calls for water chestnuts, among other ingredients. Sorry.
I'm sure you can make it with your own mix of veggies (carrots, peppers, onions...)

no peppers, I'm not about to peel them....(my friend does peel them all year round, I should ask her for tips)

I think I'll just stick to my 'breaded' eggplant and onion rings till pesach is over and then I can eat vegies again.

Rodent

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 3:06 am
ra_mom wrote:
If anyone want's a recipe for a Pesach Asian stir fry made without any soy or teriyaki sauce, let me know.

I do!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 11:11 am
Rodent wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

I do!
Here you go. Tongue Out

Asian Chicken Stir Fry
• 3 Tbsp oil
• 1 lb. chicken cutlets, thinly sliced
• 2 green zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced into 1/2-inch half-moon shapes
• 1 carrot, sliced 1/4 inch thick
• 2 red peppers, cut into strips
• 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen broccoli florets
• 1 (6 oz.) can bamboo shoots
• 1 (6 0z.) can sliced water chestnuts
• 15 mushrooms, sliced thick
• 1/2 cup oil
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1/4 tsp grated fresh ginger, optional
• 1 tsp potato starch
• 3 Tbsp water
• 1 cup chicken stock / clear chicken soup
• salt and pepper to taste

Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high flame. Add the chicken and saute it until it is done. Set aside.
Preheat a large frying pan (or use 2 smaller frying pans simultaneously) over a medium-high flame. Add the vegetables, then the oil and garlic. If you are using the ginger, add it now. Cook the vegetables to al dente (about 4 minutes). As they are cooking, dissolve the potato starch in water. When the vegetables are tender-crisp, add the potato starch mixture and stock to the pot. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the chicken slices and heat through.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 10:36 am
Deleted

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Merrymom

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 11:54 pm
ra mom would the teriyaki sauce be good with a roast or do you have a better recipe? I love Mikee's garlic sauce and am looking for a good alternative for Pesach.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 25 2010, 12:06 am
Merrymom wrote:
ra mom would the teriyaki sauce be good with a roast or do you have a better recipe? I love Mikee's garlic sauce and am looking for a good alternative for Pesach.

For roast, I would make a sauce using half teriyaki sauce and half duck sauce. It should be great!
If you want the most delicious homemade Pesach recipe for duck sauce, let me know.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Mar 25 2010, 12:55 am
ra_mom wrote:
Merrymom wrote:

For roast, I would make a sauce using half teriyaki sauce and half duck sauce. It should be great!
If you want the most delicious homemade Pesach recipe for duck sauce, let me know.

Definitely. I just want to be sure that if you use ginger it's not too much because although I love it DH isn't happy if there's more than a hint of it.

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Mar 25 2010, 8:22 am
Shame, it doesn't seem to get good reviews here. I was seriously contemplating sushi for lunch erev pesach...

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 25 2010, 11:45 am
Merrymom wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
Merrymom wrote:

Definitely. I just want to be sure that if you use ginger it's not too much because although I love it DH isn't happy if there's more than a hint of it.

Here's the recipe:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....sauce
If your husband only likes a hint of ginger, cut the ginger amount in teriyaki sauce.
Then mix the two sauces together.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 25 2010, 11:54 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Shame, it doesn't seem to get good reviews here. I was seriously contemplating sushi for lunch erev pesach...
I tried it last year by making a sauce from their "soy" sauce and apricot jam. I really disliked the way the sauce came out.
If you were set on sushi for Erev Pesach, you can try it. It doesn't cost that much. Maybe you'll enjoy it more than I did.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics