Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Nice birthday supper

momaholic

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 3:26 pm
my husbands birthday is thursday. what is a really nice supper to make? only fleishigs.

TIA

racheleezzy

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 3:31 pm
You can make steaks, with either roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes, Grilled vegetables. You can start with a soup. But atmosphere helps also, set the table with dishes.... nice glasses...
My husbands bday was the day of the big snowstorm like a week or two ago, so I made to start a mushroom barley soup, then we had beef stew with crusty garlic bread and salad, and for dessert I had bought a cake

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 4:38 pm
Are you sure after the fast you'll be up to a big cooking ?

momaholic

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 4:40 pm
because of the fast I will make it tomorrow night

yummydd

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 4:50 pm
You can make a deli roll with a onion sauce for starters, cream of chicken soup, steak, rice, Stir fry and a strawberry rhubarb or cherry pie, dessert can be ice cream with a slice of chocolate cake with a hot chocolate sauce on top.

solo

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 4:56 pm
does he have any fovorite foods
that be a good start.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 4:57 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Are you sure after the fast you'll be up to a big cooking ?

Ouch! Just thinking about it makes my stomach hurt.

momaholic

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 10:22 am
yummyydd: do u have a recipe for cream of chicken soup? he wud love that! also the recipe for the onion sauce?

racheleezy: can I have the recipe for the crusty garlic bread?

I am making minute steak and my sister gave me the idea of potato knishes/borekas with mushroom sauce.

thanks everyone!

racheleezzy

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 10:30 am
I buy a baguette, slice it in half and put it under the broiler just until it gets a little crispy mayb 2-3 minutes then I dont like using margerine bc I just think its unhealthy, so what I do is I take like maybe a 1/4 cup of olive oil, add in fresh chopped garlic (alot like 3-4 cloves), chopped fresh parsley, salt and black pepper. I spread it over the bread, sprinklle al ittle paprika for color and put it back in the oven (not broiler) on 350 for a few minutes I like the bread like crispy on top but soft in the inside so don't let it go to long in the oven

momaholic

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 10:45 am
racheleezzy wrote:
I buy a baguette, slice it in half and put it under the broiler just until it gets a little crispy mayb 2-3 minutes then I dont like using margerine bc I just think its unhealthy, so what I do is I take like maybe a 1/4 cup of olive oil, add in fresh chopped garlic (alot like 3-4 cloves), chopped fresh parsley, salt and black pepper. I spread it over the bread, sprinklle al ittle paprika for color and put it back in the oven (not broiler) on 350 for a few minutes I like the bread like crispy on top but soft in the inside so don't let it go to long in the oven

thanks sounds yum!

racheleezzy

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 10:47 am
hope you like it...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus