Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Gluten free kishka recipe?

angeli

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 9:21 pm
Anyone have one? Thanks!

Shalshelet

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 9:48 pm
found this recipe after a quick google search:

celiac.com wrote:
Pesadic Vegetarian Kishke (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Aviva Mandl (Enjoy and have a good Pesach!).
2 carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 small or medium onion
2 eggs
ΒΌ cup of oil
1 six-ounce box of Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix

Grind onion, carrots and celery in a food processor. Put into a large mixing bowl. Add the box of potato pancake mix, eggs and oil. Mix well and spoon onto foil to form two to three rolls, approximately 2 inches in diameter by 8 inches long. Wrap and pinch the ends of the foil closed. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let stand about 10 minutes. Unwrap foil and slice into pieces to serve.

I typically have added salt and pepper to this recipe, however since the potato pancake mix is seasoned, I opted not to do so. I recommend doubling or tripling the recipe and freezing kishkes for another meal (I doubled the recipe when I made it tonight and wound up with two really nice-sized rolls and 2 small ones). If freezing, you dont need to bake it first. Ive found my family likes this recipe more than any of the store-bought kishkes.

HTH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus