Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Such a nice mazel tov!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

technic

Post Sat, Mar 26 2005, 4:59 pm
deedee - it makes sense Smile ...we have friends who were married for abt 15 yrs b4 their v precious child (kyh) arrived - but she has had many health probs since (reflux, low immunity etc) which is v disruptive 2 their lives - altho they had an awful time trying 2 have a child (and adore her), I think its a blessing in some ways that they had all that time 2gether to strengthen their relationship b4 she was born...

Motek

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 4:29 pm
the following is not AS dramatic as sarahd's first post here, but it certainly warrants a tremendous MAZAL TOV!

Mazal tov: Yossi & Sarah (nee Dunin) Mockin - Montreal, Canada - on the birth of their firstborn after 18 years of marriage!

(I don't know them, but somebody told me about them.)

Sunshine

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 4:36 pm
WOW!!! What a Mazel Tov!!! May we hear of many more simchas!!! What did they have?

proudmom

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 4:38 pm
they had a boy

bgk

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 2:09 pm
I'm so SHOCKED to read all this posts. we went thru 6 years of infertility and fertility treatments to have the baby. B"h we have now 3 kids, the pain from infertility is still sitting inside and will stay their the whole life.
People who got pregnant so easy will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER understand the simcha of becoming a mother (doesn't matter what age).

Sorry, but I was hurt.
And a big big mazal tov to this couple.

I have a very close friend who went thru the same as we went - 6 years of infertility/ And 3 years ago she had 5 babies at once. YOu will blame her also that she can't take care of 5 babies?
The babies are 3,5 now and a most smart and great kids in the world

May we hear only more and more nisim from Hashem, because it's still a lot of people in the world who are dreaming to become a parents

Tefila

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 2:22 pm
bgk omein Smile

supermom

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 2:43 pm
bgk wrote:

The babies are 3,5 now and a most smart and great kids in the world

I am confused as to what it says can you please rephrase your sentance. how was her first year with the five kids. she had help and all how did she manage. even financally with diapers and formula or unless she was nursing five kids which I highly doubt she would be nursing fifty hours a day.

bgk

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 3:06 pm
Of course it wasn't easy. They live in Israel and after she gave birth she got for free to be in Beit Hachlama - special place for mothers to stay and recover after giving birth. She stayed there for 5 month. They got some help from the goverment etc. And yes, she was nursing till age 5 month - of course she was also giving bottles, because she was nursing one after the other the whole day).
But the point is she was so happy she had those babies and after a lot of miracles she had before getting pregnant, during pregnancy and after giving birth to 5 absolutely healthy babies after Dr pushing her for 3 month to stop this pregnancy because anyway the babies will not make it.

Now her babies are 3,5, all very smart. And she just had another baby naturally.

supermom

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 3:14 pm
five months in beit hachalma shock now that is a lot what about her husband? he must have missed his babies like crazy!! and mazal tov for her new baby.

embarrassed I must be strange or something but if she had five babies at once how could some be three and the others five?

bgk

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 3:18 pm
if someone will tell me how to post a picture I"ll post a picture of them

supermom

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 3:19 pm
ooh I would like to see the babies. but still I don't get how old are the babies. or if they are not babies then toddlers.

bgk

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 3:19 pm
they are three and a half years old now

supermom

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 3:26 pm
ooh 3,5 means three and half I shouldve known better.
now I think about it she really didn't have to buy any clothing, diapers, formula or anything for the first five months now that is a chidush. how big were the babies?

micki

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 3:28 pm
Quote:
People who got pregnant so easy will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER understand the simcha of becoming a mother

please reconsider this statement. while I can never imagine your pain I 100% accnowledge and am humbled by my becoming a mother. the joy we feel is as true as yours.

bgk

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 4:02 pm
What I mean that people who got pregnant so easy will never understand a pain of becoming pregnant after so many years of treatments, and specially in the frum community when you see all your friends becoming pregnant so easy.
Yes, every mother feels the same feelings, but the mother who had to wait many years for her first baby will never complain, that she has a hard time raising her kids.

Ozmom

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 4:04 pm
OMG
I'm just reading this thread for the first time
I didn't read every single post before I decided to respond but now I'm responding.

first of all: NO one can force Hashem to do anything. What we can do is show him how badly we want his gifts and to what extent we will go to be worthy of it. and when hashem decides we are worthy...when HASHEM decides we are WORTHY, then none of your opinions on the matter is going to change it.
I'll write it again
HASHEM DECIDED THEY ARE WORTHY PARENTS
I'm sorry but I'm rather taken aback and shocked at where this thread went.
I have a friend who is an an older parent and we have similar amount of kids
while she is energetic very involved with her kids, plays with them and feels guilty about taking some timeout while they are outside entertaining themselves and are just fine on their own...I am the one who is tired all the time and not accomplishing half as much as she with her kids.
and she is almost 20 yrs my senior.
(yet younger then some young mums I know )
So based on your logic, what about younger moms who are less capable or have disablilities or are depressed or grumpy personalities or impatient ppl (like moi) etc etc
the list goes on.

yes we are entitled to our opinions but on someone who has had so much heartache to get to where they are at now and now the ultimate joy has finally been granted to them, by hashem, no I'm sorry but your opinion is meaningless in such case. please don't take offense by me saying that but it is my feeling and opinion on the matter.
I know someone who has been trying for years to get pregnant. When we spend yomtov together and she sees all the kids running around I see the pain in her eyes.
If she were to get pregnant now we would all be dancing not criticizing.

I get really sad when about people that have been trying for years unsuccessfully and I'm truly distressed by this thread.

Sunshine

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 5:10 pm
Ozmom good point. Did anyone ever complain that how did Sara Emenu have a kid whem she was so old. Her poor kid Yitzchok must have suffered greatly. She should have given him up for adoption.

One thing Ozmom, I know you ment well but to clarrify for other readers.

[quote="Ozmom"]when HASHEM decides we are WORTHY[quote]

Chas Vishalom s/o should say xyz don't have kids bec they are not worthy. Rather this is a nisayon that Hashem gave them because they are so special hashem said I know if I give them this test they are strong and special enough to overcome this test. Look who went through the challange of infertility some of the most special ppl. Sara, Rivka, Rochel Emenu and the Lubavitcher Rebbe to name a few. Who can say that they didn't have kids because they are not worthy. Can anyone here say they are holier then the above mentioned?

Ozmom

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 5:30 pm
gevalt
I didn't mean it to sound that way. Oy

What I meant was who are we to question when Hashem decides to give someone a child when they are older then conventional.
What I meant was that rather than they forced Hashem into doing it, Hashem decided it was time.
I didn't chas ve sholom intend to say that those who aren't successfull it was because they are not worthy. Chas ve sholom.
We don't know Hashems reasoning, so no I would never say such a thing.

I apologise for the mis phrasing

Sunshine

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 5:47 pm
Hey, I know you ment that Ozmom, but I didn't want anyone to misunderstand you and have bad feelings towards what you wrote.

Ozmom

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 6:06 pm
thanks Tongue Out
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics