Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Club steak
1  2  Next

bnm

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 10:28 pm
any good recipes?

ra_mom

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 10:54 pm
If you like a soft steak baked for a long time, I some good recipes.
(I once tried to make grilled club steak, and it came out terrible. If anyone knows of a way to make it medium-well and not in the oven...)

bnm

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 11:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you like a soft steak baked for a long time, I some good recipes.
(I once tried to make grilled club steak, and it came out terrible. If anyone knows of a way to make it medium-well and not in the oven...)

Reader Digest had an online article about grilling steak, they even had instructions for indoor grilling. http://www.rd.com/advice-and-k......html

Please post your oven recipe, I think I bought 2 supper's worth. I would prefer to bake then grill cuz I want to just put it in the oven and not have to stand over it.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 11:14 pm
Thanks. I know how to grill/pan sear, but only good cuts of meat. I don't think club is meant to be grilled.

Barbeque Steak
-steak
-onion, sliced into rings
-bottle of barbeque sauce

Place sliced onion rings on bottom of pan. Add steak. Pour bottle of barbeque sauce on top.
Cover tightly and bake at 350 2 1/2 hours.

Teriyaki Steak from OldYoung
-4-6 steaks
-onion soup mix OR dried minced onion flakes + salt OR few slivers of onion + crushed garlic + salt
-2 large onions, sliced into rings
-portabello mushrooms, sliced (optional)
-oil
-1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
-1/4 cup white wine
-1 tsp sugar
-3 cloves garlic, crushed

Place steaks in a pan. Sprinkle with onion soup mix (or place a few small slivers of onion under steak, smear top of steak with some crushed garlic, and sprinkle with salt), cover tightly, and bake at 350 for 2 hours.
Meanwhile, saute onions and mushrooms in oil on a medium flame, until soft. Add teriyaki, wine, sugar and crushed garlic, and simmer for a few minutes. When the steaks have baked for two hours, remove from oven and pour mushroom/onion mixture over. Cover tightly, and bake for another hour at 250 degrees.
(Ok to omit portobello mushrooms in a pinch.)

Tangy Steak
-steak
-large onion, sliced
-3 cloves garlic, sliced for rub
Glaze
-1/2 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup orange juice
-2 tsp onion soup mix
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1/2 - 1 tsp black pepper

In large aluminum pan, place sliced onion under steak. Rub steak with garlic. Cover and bake in oven preheated to 425 for 1 hour.
Smear steak with glaze; cover and bake 20 minutes. Then uncover the pan, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Jan 05 2012, 9:10 pm; edited 6 times in total

bnm

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 11:16 pm
thanks. I'm drooling.......

bnm

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 6:04 pm
I did the first recipe, was delicious. Next time club steak is on sale I'll try the other 2.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 9:07 pm
Thanks for letting me know Smile

OldYoung

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 10:01 pm
Yay! Another steak recipe! I can't wait to try the tangy one. Very Happy

Dini

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 1:01 pm
hey ra-mom I just found this by mistake and I actually wanted to make minute steak tonite so its perfect, sounds yum! How many pieces of steak do u make that you have to double the recipe of the glaze?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 1:04 pm
Dini wrote:
hey ra-mom I just found this by mistake and I actually wanted to make minute steak tonite so its perfect, sounds yum! How many pieces of steak do u make that you have to double the recipe of the glaze?
I don't know how many pieces Dini. I just like a lot of glaze Smile
You can make 1 recipe and start glazing, and if you feel you need more, just make another recipe on the spot. I do that often, in a plastic bowl.

Dini

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 1:08 pm
thanks, I'll give you feedback if I make it Smile I may just make the bbq sauce one b/c its the easiest.

bnm

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 8:59 pm
I made the tangy steak recipe, was delicious! all gone.......

I bought wine to try the other recipe but I didn't realize it was supposed to be white wine... next time!

Dini

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 9:04 pm
oh I forgot to write, I made the bbq one that night it was very yummy!!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 9:11 pm
So good to hear! Smile

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 9:43 pm
you can also broil for 8 minutes, flipping.

pinktichel

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 5:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Tangy Steak
-steak
-large onion, sliced
-3 cloves garlic, sliced for rub
Glaze
-1/2 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup orange juice
-2 tsp onion soup mix
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-½-1 tsp black pepper

In large aluminum pan, place sliced onion under steak. Rub steak with garlic. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
Smear steak with glaze; cover and bake 20 minutes. Then uncover the pan, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
[Edited to double glaze recipe]

Made this tonight and it was amazing!! Thank you so much. I'm going to try the same recipe using chicken breast.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 5:21 pm
Let us know how it comes out with chicken breast Smile

(For those of us who do not use soup mix, you can use 1-1/2 tsp dried minced onion + 1/2 tsp salt, instead of the 2 tsp soup mix.)

Fabulous

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 4:27 pm
ra_mom, I made this for Friday night and the flavor was delicious but for me I didn't feel it was so tender. Next time I'm going to cook it a little longer and see what happens. Everyone loved it though.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 8:08 pm
Fabulous wrote:
ra_mom, I made this for Friday night and the flavor was delicious but for me I didn't feel it was so tender. Next time I'm going to cook it a little longer and see what happens. Everyone loved it though.
Thanks for letting me know. Let me know how it works out next time. The cooking time stated is for spare ribs, but I've used it for other cuts of meat as well.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:42 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Fabulous wrote:
Thanks for letting me know. Let me know how it works out next time. The cooking time stated is for spare ribs, but I've used it for other cuts of meat as well.

Well, I made it again for supper tonight and it was the same. Delicious flavor and a little chewy at some parts, even though I baked it a bit longer. I think it's the cut of meat. Thanks for the recipe!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics