Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Chanukah glamour shots
Previous  1  2  3  4

YALT

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:16 am
boy juggling fire @ chanukah party

menorahs

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:42 am
WOW, yalt- nice!

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:51 am
chayitty wrote:
not sure how far ur manual settings work but a good way to achieve that is to make ur apeture as high as possiable..I can open up as big as f2.8..I think most better point and shoots can open as big as f4
obviously zooming in is also a great way to blur the backround...
my son looks lear cuz the image is a 36x54 shruken down...I woukld say I can get a really nice 8x10 but wouldnt go bigger,,,I also sharpen it in ps...
Zooming or opening aperture wouldn't work since the 2 menoras were close together. Those actions only blur something far behind the subject (My aperture opens till 2.8 also, but it never does anything for me. Zooming all the way while having the subject far from the background is the only thing that works.)

I used macro and got really close in to the front candle. So the menora behind is out of focus.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art