Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Need ideas of places to give tzedokah
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 8:12 pm
Samchainu (organization for almanos)

pumpernickle

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 8:25 pm
I have a very important cause I'm collecting for. It's for someone very close to me in dire need. Please PM me if u want to know more details. Thanks.

imeinu

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
We recently gave to Bonei Olam, Atime, RCCS, Chai Lfeline (for Kayla Rus), Chessed24/7, satmar bikur cholim, local shuls, torah anytime, hatzaloh, masbia, hachnasas kallah, cofetz chaim yeshiva, chofetz chaim heritage foundation, missaskim, jroute radio

Any more ideas of worthwhile organizations?
Any chinese auctions going on now?

wow! Mi K'amcha Yisroel!

here is another
Efrat in Israel

amother

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 8:45 pm
My children are not accepted back to school for next year because our tuition balance is almost $9,000. We now pay tuition monthly but accumulated this debt from when we had no income several years ago. May I get an interest-free loan from your maaser money? Very Happy

momX4

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 9:47 pm
Call a local school and ask to pay someone's debt so that they can send their kids to school next year.

I have heard of people going into the grocery store and paying private peoples balance-that's so nice (I never keep a balance over Shabbos BH)

amother

Post Fri, Jul 05 2013, 12:59 am
Mesamche Lev is running a chinese auction now and giving great prizes automatically for every $250 donation. The money goes to pay for shoes and poor people in EY. All run by volunteers for many years, no one gets paid for any of the expenses, it's all donated. Check out their website, their auction ends in a week or two...it's a great organization, the website speaks for itself.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jul 05 2013, 6:54 am
amother wrote:
We recently gave to Bonei Olam, Atime, RCCS, Chai Lfeline (for Kayla Rus), Chessed24/7, satmar bikur cholim, local shuls, torah anytime, hatzaloh, masbia, hachnasas kallah, cofetz chaim yeshiva, chofetz chaim heritage foundation, missaskim, jroute radio

Any more ideas of worthwhile organizations?
Any chinese auctions going on now?

There are halachos of who to prioritize in tzedakah.
If you have the funds, I would give larger amounts to local struggling institutions / charities before looking for other organizations in other places.

Butterfly

Post Fri, Jul 05 2013, 1:51 pm
I too am collecting money for Hachnasas kallah for two chasuva families. Both heart rendering desparate situations. Unbelievable!!

Also for a large family who is struggling immensely. Father lost job a while ago.
Mother was recently diagnosed with heart condition. No doubt, due to financial stress. She's too young! Her children need her. Everyone in the family is suffering.
Some unfortunately going OTD because no money for Yeshivahs, tutors, etc etc. Heart breaking!!
Muccch more going on.

Please PM me for details if you want to help.
Thank you and Tizku lemitzvohs!

penguin

Post Fri, Jul 05 2013, 2:07 pm
OP has not told us why she is seeking more places to donate to.

Are you looking for zechyos for a particular reason? Need to reduce your bank balance? Administrator of a tzedakah fund?

A. curious and B. wondering if you have a particular goal. There is no lack of letters coming to all of our doors, not to mention robocalls. But perhaps you are living somewhere off the beaten track.

Are you most interested in helping people in dire financial straits, people dealing with sickness, kallos, educational institutions or the parents who are struggling with tuition?

There are so many many causes. And, I don't recall who (I think Rav Yaakov Kaminetsky or Rav Moshe Feinstein) said that people don't ask enough shaylos about two things. I think that one was chinuch, but for sure the other one was tzedakkah. Indeed, there are halachos about how to prioritize.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 12:50 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Chaverim
Why do they need donations? I thought it was all volunteer?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 12:56 pm
Emesz wrote:
The yeshiva I work for is having a raffle going on now. PM me for more info. They are also having some really nice free gifts
what yeshiva? do they have a website?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 1:00 pm
momX4 wrote:
Call a local school and ask to pay someone's debt so that they can send their kids to school next year.

I have heard of people going into the grocery store and paying private peoples balance-that's so nice (I never keep a balance over Shabbos BH)
I like the idea of paying someone's grocery bill. Is there a way to make his tax deductible?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 1:05 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
tsiggelle wrote:
If your rabbi has a private fund for needs within the community, that would be an idea.

Aniyei ircha kodmim- I agree that your rav most likely knows of families in your own community who desperately need the money.
I live in Brooklyn. No community here. We have almost nothing to do with local rabbanim. (The rav we ask shailas to does not live here)

amother

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 1:15 pm
penguin wrote:
OP has not told us why she is seeking more places to donate to.

Are you looking for zechyos for a particular reason? Need to reduce your bank balance? Administrator of a tzedakah fund?
B"H DH and I have good jobs and we are looking for some places to give masser. We still have a few hundred dollars in our masser account and dont like being so far behind.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 5:37 pm
Perhaps read about Chaverim on their website
They are all volunteers and they are all unbelievably committed
However , the chargers, batteries, tools, equipment , oxygen tanks , and many other apparatus is very expensive

amother

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 6:42 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Perhaps read about Chaverim on their website
They are all volunteers and they are all unbelievably committed
However , the chargers, batteries, tools, equipment , oxygen tanks , and many other apparatus is very expensive
oxygen tanks? they save cars not people!
I was under the impression that if they buy parts for someone (like a battery or gas) they charge the 'customer' for it

whats the website? I tried using google but couldnt find it.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 6:56 pm
I'm not sure about your neighborhood , but in Lakewood , they also do locksmith ing , and provide oxygen if someone is home bound and can't breath or a/c not working but it isn't a hatzlala emergency.
They also provided generators and and cut down trees near power lines during Sandy and helped women go to the Mikva when the roads were closed during nor'easter s and blizzards

amother

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 9:26 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I'm not sure about your neighborhood , but in Lakewood , they also do locksmith ing , and provide oxygen if someone is home bound and can't breath or a/c not working but it isn't a hatzlala emergency.
They also provided generators and and cut down trees near power lines during Sandy and helped women go to the Mikva when the roads were closed during nor'easter s and blizzards
I live in Brooklyn. As far as I know they 'only' fix cars. Does anyone know if they do all these extra things?

monkey

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 9:30 pm
amother wrote:
naturalmom5 wrote:
I live in Brooklyn. As far as I know they 'only' fix cars. Does anyone know if they do all these extra things?

Yes they sure do!

Op-Tizku lmitzvos!!

momX4

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 9:33 pm
momX4 wrote:
I like the idea of paying someone's grocery bill. Is there a way to make his tax deductible?

Ask your local tomchei Shabbos if they can help you out. In monsey you can even sponsor tomchei Shabbos for the week. In boro park I know that there is a "restaurant"' where people can go to eat in style. I think its masbia- maybe they can help you pay someone's grocery bill.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics