Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
KSA

ffbmom

Post Sat, Feb 09 2008, 9:00 pm
I've noticed KSA hechsher on many foods, esp. some natural foods. Any idea if this is a reliable Hechsher? Anyone know anything about this?

MahPitom

Post Sat, Feb 09 2008, 9:08 pm
Kosher Supervision of America - I don't think it's a heimish hechsher.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 12:10 am
A relative (BT non knowledgeable) worked for them and we def would not touch anything they certified when we heard he had to be mashgiach for tens of factories every month and just visited once a month the office to look at purchase orders for ingredients. No watching in the factory or checking the storeroom.

We encouraged him to leave that job as he was frauding the tzibbur.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 12:18 am
According to the Rav/Vaad that I follow, it's not reliable. But ask yours!

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 1:34 pm
you can find out who the Rebbeim are at ksakosher.com

be careful---- it's VERY easy to confuse the following 2 heckshers, and one is much much more reliable than the other. Ask your local Rav of course!
-----------------------------------------------------

Kosher Supervision of America. KSA has been under the direction of Rabbi Binyomin Lisbon since its inception 1993. He has semicha from Rabbi Hirshprung (Lubavitch of Montreal). They issue hashgachos internationally.

The "United States K." Rabbi Yehudah Bukspan has been the Director and Kashrus Administrator of the organization since its inception in 1960. He received semicha from Yeshivas Ner Yisroel. They certify companies across in the United States and Israel. Rabbi Bukspan is now also the Director of Kosher Overseers Associates of America.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 5:17 pm
Can anyone post these hecshers, I am getting very confused. I didn't know there were 2 ksa's, and I defenitely buy one of them regularly (as far as I always knew it was reliable). Thanks

The one I;ve been using is the ksa in a funny/decorative font, straight written (not circular or letters within each other), no other artwork. Thanks

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 5:32 pm
let's see if I can do this right.... Smile

KSA (Rabbi Lisbon)

United States K (Rabbi Bukspan)

http://i185.photobucket.com/al.....n.gif

hope that works!

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 5:34 pm
ok in the first picture ignore the telephone in the background. Rolling Eyes

the second picture is very tiny and I linked to it instead of posting it here. oops. hope you all can see it if you click the link.

I've been told unequivocally to trust one and not trust the other for very good reasons. Ask your Rav!

There's only one KSA --- I was just saying that it's VERY easy to confuse KSA with United States K which is sometimes called KOA.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 6:24 pm
thanks for the info, gonna have dh ask our rav at maariv tonight

waterbottle

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 6:16 pm
R'Eidlitz, one of the leading kashrut authorities in LA, said KSA is only reliable on an item to item basis... so if you want to eat a certain thing with the hechsher ask your rav about it!

BlumaG

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 8:02 pm
I was told KSA is a v reliable lubavitch hechsher

Crayon210

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 9:11 pm
It's not. Scratching Head

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 10:21 am
We were told that KSA is totally reliable.

chillax

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 10:33 am
KSA is no longer a reliable hechsher where I live.
Our family is very close with a head of the Vaad in our city and he is the one who said not to use it anymore.
There used to be a kosher place here that had KSA certification and the Rav who went in there to check it out every week or whenever was not impressed with KSA.
KSA basically didn't care that they kept not using kosher things and they were not willing to have a KSA rav come downto check it out more than like once a year.
Shows how much they cared huh?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 10:34 am
BlumaG It could be that Lubavitch holds that you can use it still, but the Council of Orthodox Rabbis in Detroit don't hold of KSA (I'm pretty sure)

yoyosma

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 10:40 am
Not all of Lubavitch holds that you can use it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen