Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Do you drink on purim?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Do you drink (alcohol) on purim...?
One or two glasses of wine.  
 20%  [ 35 ]
A lechayim or two.  
 12%  [ 22 ]
3 or more lechayims....!  
 5%  [ 10 ]
No, it isn't tznius for a woman to drink....  
 9%  [ 16 ]
No, for other reasons...  
 51%  [ 89 ]
Total Votes : 172

Seraph

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 2:47 am
I drink a little. Not enough to get drunk bec drunk bec drunk women arent tzanua, but enough to feel a drop lightheaded, in the spirit of purim.

Marion

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 3:30 am
No, but I don't drink the rest of the year either (including seder).

louche

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 9:21 am
One more memeber of the "can't stand the taste of alcohol" contingent. Prefer to get giddy with laughter instead.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 9:32 am
why are women not considered "tzanua" yet it's okay for men to vomit all over the place and ruin purim ... Puke Scratching Head

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 10:12 am
We eat with friends so I drink what they put out; just not a lot.

skymile

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 10:24 am
if it's put in front of me, I'll drink it... I won't just get up to get a glass of wine... but, it's mostly just beer that I drink Drunken Smile .

louche

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 11:26 am
greenfire wrote:
why are women not considered "tzanua" yet it's okay for men to vomit all over the place and ruin purim ... Puke Scratching Head

well, greenie, if a woman got falling-down drunk, her skirt would ride up and expose her legs or beyond. when a guy gets falling-down drunk, the most you can see is is shins if his pants ride up.

but seriously, just because a practice is widespread doesn't mean it's ok.

smilingmom

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 12:59 pm
luv2cook4eva wrote:
if it's put in front of me, I'll drink it... I won't just get up to get a glass of wine... but, it's mostly just beer that I drink Drunken Smile .

I second the beer. Since I only drink beer with my friends, and we don't get together on Purim, I don't drink on Purim.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 1:14 pm
louche wrote:
greenfire wrote:

well, greenie, if a woman got falling-down drunk, her skirt would ride up and expose her legs or beyond. when a guy gets falling-down drunk, the most you can see is is shins if his pants ride up.

but seriously, just because a practice is widespread doesn't mean it's ok.

hm - I'll have to think about that one ... Idea anybody know where all the single men will be hanging out purim" Nervous

mamacita

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 3:56 pm
My stomach, thankfully, is too small for me to drink enough alcohol to get drunk or buzzed, but I do like the occasional pina colada, daquiri, or sky blue. I just have to hope that someone has rum on hand, the last few purims have been a disappointment. Sad hehe. (no offense to the hostesses, the food was lovely but I prefer rum to wine! Smile)

I agree that drunk women in public is not tzanua but I also agree that drunk men puking everywhere is a ban-able offense too! Don't drink it if you can't keep it down! Tongue Out

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 4:15 pm
mamacita wrote:
the food was lovely but I prefer rum to wine! Smile)

hm - ever hear of a "portable" bring your own rum Drunken Smile

mamacita

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 5:10 pm
Where we used to live it was out of our budget! Sad And since dh doesn't drink it it seemed odd to splurge so I can tipple a smidge into my drink once a year.

This year however . . . woohoo!

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 6:58 pm
No, as I get totally giggly and instantly tipsy Drunken Smile ,It scares me.....at my chuppah I felt plastered with just a couple of sips ...LOL

HindaRochel

Post Sat, Mar 07 2009, 11:33 am
Yes I'll have wine. I don't overdue it, it may be 2 or 3 lachayims. Most of the women in my group drink a bit of wine, no one gets drunk though, not the women or the men.

Tamiri

Post Sat, Mar 07 2009, 1:25 pm
If anything, I will take a sip from someone's glass. I find no pleasure in alchohol. I got drunk one seder on sweet wine and since then have mostly abstained.

Raisin

Post Sat, Mar 07 2009, 6:40 pm
Tamiri wrote:
If anything, I will take a sip from someone's glass. I find no pleasure in alchohol. I got drunk one seder on sweet wine and since then have mostly abstained.

me too. I remember going to a weight watchers meeting and all the other women are moaning about how high in calories wine and other alcholic drinks are. I was just not relating to them. chocolate, yes. wine, who cares?

dh doesn't drink much either, so bh I don't have to deal with a overly drunk husband.

slicesunshine

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 1:47 am
I drink a lot more than my husband. I've always loved the taste of alcohol. don't get drunk but I am one of the few women who love purim just as much as the guys. never been able to resist a good party

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 1:51 am
if there is something white and sweet at the seuda that we are going to then I will have a bit. other than that I dont really like wine.

we dont have wine during the year as my husband is alergic, so purim time I drink a little, but not enough to get drunk as I dont like wine THAT much:)

Marion

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 1:58 am
shlomitsmum wrote:
No, as I get totally giggly and instantly tipsy Drunken Smile ,It scares me.....at my chuppah I felt plastered with just a couple of sips ...LOL

This is why we used grape juice (white) at our chuppah.

bnm

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 3:08 am
was all ready to drink legally for the first time last Purim, was my 21st birthday, but then I got a positive ept the day before. This year I'm nursing. maybe next year.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics