Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Biscuits and gravy recipe?

Teacup9

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 5:14 pm
Does anyone have a biscuits adn gravy recipe? I prefer parve, but dairy will do. I have searched and searched online. Thank you!

Teacup9

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 2:00 pm
Fine I made up a recipe and it turned out alright. The biscuits weren't as light and fluffy as I like, but they went great with the gravy and I didn't have to leave my house to buy ingredients.

Makes 8 small biscuits and makes a side dish for 4.

Biscuits
1 cup flour plus flour for dusting
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (or use baking powder and a shake of salt)
3/4 cup sour cream (I used nonfat and it was fine)
Spray oil

Preheat oven to 450 (I used toaster oven on 425). Mix dry ingredients well before adding sour cream. Mix well. No need to knead, but you may have to get your hand in there. Flour your hands and roll dough into a log. Cut into 8 slices. They should be shaped like biscuits, but you may have to help them a little. Spray a baking pan with oil and bake for about 15 minutes flipping once. Once cool slice biscuits in half and plate open faced.

Gravy
3 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup of milk
salt, pepper, dill (or rosemary), garlic powder

Melt butter in a sauce pan with a generous helping of dill or rosemary (do not use both!). Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Slowly add small amounts of flour while stirring well with a whisk or fork. Do not let butter burn. Add milk. Continue stirring in flour until gravy reaches desired thickness. Pour gravy over biscuits and serve immediately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads