Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Barack Hussein... why the extremist Muslims are excited
1  2  Next

LeahW

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:49 am
(and maybe we should be too)

My (moderate) Muslim roommate from University emailed me that her family (many of them extremists) are VERY excited about Obama's victory, and this is why:

From Amir Taheri, a commentator for CNN:

According to the tradition, Imam Ali Ibn Abi-Talib (the prophet's cousin and son-in-law) prophesied that at the End of Times and just before the return of the Mahdi, the Ultimate Saviour, a "tall black man will assume the reins of government in the West." Commanding "the strongest army on earth," the new ruler in the West will carry "a clear sign" from the third imam, whose name was Hussein Ibn Ali. The tradition concludes: "Shiites should have no doubt that he is with us." In a curious coincidence Obama's first and second names--Barack Hussein--mean "the blessing of Hussein" in Arabic and Persian.

What clearer sign than the US president being a tall black man named Hussein????? No wonder they're excited!

Last edited by LeahW on Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total

daamom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:01 am
So what are you saying? That this makes it apparent that the Imam's prophecy was correct, and is now coming into fruition??

ora_43

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:02 am
Are you Shiite? If not, why do you care what their tradition says?

Shiites, various Christian groups, Jewish groups--everyone's been convinced at one point or another that Mashiach (or whatever warped version of mashiach) is about to come. So far, they've all been wrong. In another few years, expect a bunch of Shiite imams to be busy explaining why Obama's presidency had nothing to do with the Mahdi and was clearly not a sign of anything.

LeahW

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:16 am
ora_43 wrote:

Shiites, various Christian groups, Jewish groups--everyone's been convinced at one point or another that Mashiach (or whatever warped version of mashiach) is about to come. So far, they've all been wrong. In another few years, expect a bunch of Shiite imams to be busy explaining why Obama's presidency had nothing to do with the Mahdi and was clearly not a sign of anything.

I'll tell you why I find it interesting. No I am not Shiite. But first of all, it is not totally irrelevant that a bunch of extremist Muslims see Obama as a sign that the nevua is coming true. This will effect their actions. I could elaborate, but I find the following more interesting...

I find it interesting from our Jewish perspective. This is an ancient belief of theirs that a tall black man will lead the west, be on their side and "Moshiach" will shortly follow. There have been threads about signs that Moshiach is imminent. I am a believer and I think those signs are right on and Moshiach is coming very soon. Do I believe in Shiite nonsense? No. However, there was a time when non jews were capable of prophecy... and it could be very well that this Muslim received such a prophecy... The only thing is...

The joke is on them! The "Mahdi" whom the prophet sees as their "Ultimate Savior" is really OUR MOSHIACH!

daamom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:22 am
I don't know how you can be so sure of all this. This Mahdi is really our Machiach? How do you know?

queen

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:32 am
How can you trust that a Muslim didn't create that himself, back a few years ago???? How do you know it's (hyperthetically) sincere?

LeahW

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:33 am
daamom wrote:
I don't know how you can be so sure of all this. This Mahdi is really our Machiach? How do you know?

The only thing I'm sure about is that our Moshiach is coming. As far as their Mahdi, as I said "it could be" that what their prophet saw as Moshiach was really our Moshiach. Of course when you have all these signs from our gedolim, who really cares what some ancient Muslim prophet (maybe) said. I just thought it was mildly interesting.

Last edited by LeahW on Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total

lubaussie

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:33 am
LeahW wrote:
This is an ancient belief of theirs that a tall black man will lead the west, be on their side and "Moshiach" will shortly follow. There have been threads about signs that Moshiach is imminent. I am a believer and I think those signs are right on and Moshiach is coming very soon. Do I believe in Shiite nonsense? No. However, there was a time when non jews were capable of prophecy... and it could be very well that this Muslim received such a prophecy... The only thing is...

The joke is on them! The "Mahdi" whom the prophet sees as their "Ultimate Savior" is really OUR MOSHIACH!

I'm confused. Are you saying Obama is Moshiach? Scratching Head

I mean, I've heard my fair share of Obama-related stuff on this forum, but this just takes the cake... Confused

Oh well. Better than Hitler, I suppose.

LeahW

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:38 am
Chava wrote:

I'm confused. Are you saying Obama is Moshiach? Scratching Head

CHAS V'SHALOM!

Quote:
I mean, I've heard my fair share of Obama-related stuff on this forum, but this just takes the cake... Confused

I'm sorry you didn't understand my post.

mimivan

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:39 am
ora_43 wrote:

some non jews do have certain prophetic powers...I.e. Bilaam...
BTW, didn't Bilaam, when Hashem changed his curses into blessings...mention Moshiach? shock
It Makes sense...when Moshiach is coming, G-d wants the whole world to know and prepare...not just yidden..

LeahW

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:40 am
queen wrote:
How can you trust that a Muslim didn't create that himself, back a few years ago???? How do you know it's (hyperthetically) sincere?

It's in ancient text, this can be verified.

lubaussie

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:40 am
Ok. I was being sarcastic. I obviously don't believe Obama's moshiach and I don't think you believe that either, because you seem intelligent. My point was, I just think you could make yourself a bit clearer. What is it exactly that you are saying?

mimivan

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:42 am
Well of course he isn't Moshiach...I just think the non jews can also be given signs and prophecies that Moshiach (I.e. a Jew) is coming so they can also prepare(I.e as Bilaam was) ...although they will surprised when it is our king and not theirs.

Chava, re-read what is says above. It doesn't say the tall black leader named Hussein is l'havdil Moshiach...it says BEFORE moshiach arrives, this will happen.

LeahW

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:47 am
mimivan wrote:
Well of course he isn't Moshiach...I just think the non jews can also be given signs and prophecies that Moshiach (I.e. a Jew) is coming so they can also prepare(I.e as Bilaam was) ...although they will surprised when it is our king and not theirs.

Yes, well-said.

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 7:34 am
My sister's husband got an email about a new torah code that came out. Apparently the place where obama's name is found in the torah is- in sefer yechezkel, where it explicitly talks about milchemes gog u'magog. Every six letters it says obama, obama, obama.

What does that mean?
I have no clue.

Does it mean that obama is bad?
no. but it could mean that during his presidency "the" war will happen.

EsaEinai

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 7:35 am
I mentioned this whole thing to my husband because I found it interesting. He didn't seem surprised at all. He told me that he once learned that Hashem's plan for the coming of moshiach begins with a test for the Jews. The Jews will be tested in their emunah by Hashem seemingly choosing Yishmael as His chosen nation over the Jews. This "prophecy" coming true seems to be very much in line with that idea.

(sorry for anyone who needs specific sources- ask your LOR)

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 7:37 am
Not that anyone really knows what this means, but I heard that there would be a short galus yishmael before mashiach comes. Is "short" relative to galus edom or is it going to be one hour, one day, one year- nobody knows.

daamom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:31 am
Ok Leah, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. Thanks for clarifying what you meant when you posted this! (And thanks everyone else for your helpful explanations.)
A little dan lekaf zechut woulda gone a long way... embarrassed

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:39 am
I find the OP's post very interesting.
I don't understand why ANYONE would have a problem with it and find that they have to make fun of it. Sometimes it's interesting to know what the Muslims are thinking, don't you think?

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:41 am
If you ask me I find it scary that they are putting so much stock in obama. What if he doesn't live up to their expectations? Are they going to take out there wrath on him if he doesn't listen to the prophecy? Kind of puts him between a rock and a hard place.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics