Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Best Diaper Rash Cream?

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 12:59 pm
so far we've tried:
A & D
Desitin
Balmex
Butt Paste

nothin helped. its not such an awful rash, just it wont go away. what works for you?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:04 pm
call your doc. it may be a yeast rash, in which case regular diaper cream will not help. also, if it is an allergy the creams won't do much.

you may want to try lanolin (yes, the stuff for breastfeeding). it does wonders, but again, only on a normal diaper rash.

Mini Cookie

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:09 pm
Desitin worked best for my DD

Butt Paste is supposed works wonders

A very hard tp get rid of baby rash might be a yeast infection so have it checked out.

GOOD LUCK!

sarahmalka

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:11 pm
good point about the yeast rash mummiedearest!
I make my own diaper cream out of beeswax, cocoa butter, infused oil of plantain (the weed, not the banana), vitamin E, and olive oil or almond oil. Really basic ingredients, and my babies hardly ever get rashes. In fact, my neighbor just begged a jar off me to deal with her son's rash! PM me if you want specific instructions. You can buy similar salves in health food stores. I like Burts Bees or Weleda brands of baby stuff. Or try just plain olive oil. Good luck!

PIP

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:45 pm
Calmosceptine
Triple Paste
For really bad rashes mix maalox w\ benadryl cream

Sometimes alternating creams works best for my kids. Sometime surprisingly plain old baby powder works pretty well too! (Just face it downward away from the baby's face so the baby doesn't breathe in the powder.) I usually use it when it's a wet rash. Then switch to cream.

My daughter gets irritated soo easily, I feel so bad! The alternation really helps though.

greeneyes

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:45 pm
Triple Paste is supposed to be excellent.

When my daughter had a really bad rash a few months ago, her doctor prescribed a few different creams until it finally went away. Did you try calling the doctor?

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 4:00 pm
I know I'm being silly, but I've called my ped so many times in the past few weeks because of the reflux issues we're dealing with, I'm embarrassed to call again!

I will try to get this triple paste and give that a try. if not, I'll have to make the dreaded phone call...

thanx for all your suggestions.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 4:36 pm
It could be a yeast rash as others say. Reg. cream won't work.

My pediatricians told me to first clean and dry the tushie, then apply clotrimazole cream 1% - which is sold as an anti-fungal cream, and for athlete's foot. Then put reg. cream over it like balmex. After a dirty diaper, wipe everything away, dry and start again, after just a peepee diaper, just put more balmex on, no more clotrimazole.

it went away within the day. I've had to do this a few times over the couple of years, it totally works.

Tehilla

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 4:43 pm
yes for a yeast rash, clotrimazole is amazing and sold over the counter.

if the regular diaper creams don't work, see if it's yeast like everyone said.

french green clay is a good diaper rash thing also. sold at natural places.

Teacup9

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 4:52 pm
I am not a fan of those fish oil style rash creams like Destin. I like plain zinc oxide like California Baby or Burt's Bees makes. Also air it out with lots of naked time. Also it may help to check the rash checked my the doctor to see if it is yeast. Then you need prescription meds and to up the baby's yogurt intake (or yours if you are nursing) and probiotics may help depending on his age.

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:51 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
so far we've tried:
A & D
Desitin
Balmex
Butt Paste

nothin helped. its not such an awful rash, just it wont go away. what works for you?

My son once had a really bad rash and somebody recommended Domeboro Solution. It worked miracles! You can buy it in a pharmacy. It comes in packets that you mix with water if I remember correctly.

sunshine!

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 8:56 pm
If it is a yeast rash, the doctor will likely prescribe nystatin. My doctor once prescribed nystatin and bactroban to be used alternately. It cleared the rash overnight. That said, I usually reach for triple paste first. I find it works well.

soldat

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 10:27 pm
The very BEST cream I have ever used is Flanders Buttocks Ointment they sell it behind the counters at the pharmecy b/c it is alittle expensive. Rite Aide has it hear, but I've found it online

Mini Cookie

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 10:56 am
my pediatricain recommended this natural way of healing a yeast rash

when u bathe your kid sprinkle in baking soda in his/her bath. it works amazing.
you might as well try. it certainly wont make anything worse.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 4:16 am
My daughter has been going thru diaper rashes for the past few months. One she first got the diaper rash I just used the regular over the counter stuff but wen that didnt work I decided to go to the doctor and he was amazed that I didnt come earlier cuz it was all infected and everything. He prescribed some antibiotic creams that worked great then. A few months later the rash came back and that time I knew to go to the doctor right away. Now she got the rash again and the doctor prescribed a new cream called Vusion. It works great but the only problem is that when I went to refill my prescription the insurance wouldnt cover it, I guess they only cover it once a month or something. If I pay for it myself it cost about $150-$200 a tube so I'm squeezing out the last bits from mine and hoping the insurance will cover it next month.

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 4:18 pm
wow, my doc also gave me Vusion a few months ago for his rash; I wasnt sure if it was the same thing this time around, but I'm giving it a try.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 5:28 pm
dd has a new diaper rash. apparently it is a staph infection. we are using bactroban (prescription). it seems to be doing the job...

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 5:54 pm
chaylizi wrote:
dd has a new diaper rash. apparently it is a staph infection. we are using bactroban (prescription). it seems to be doing the job...

We used Batroban last diaper rash.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics