Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Spin on Purim Depression
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 3:14 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Haha!! Sounds yum. And save some for anthony goldstein. If it was conjured in a couldron and by a green goblin he will be overjoyed.

So would I if I could get some.

Hey, does your cool car have AWD to bring it to me in the darn snow?

I wish I had a car about now ... that aston martin was merely conjured up in a dream

[& I'm too senile so I had to look up anthony goldstein ... was he really in harry potter]

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 3:21 pm
Hugs. Orthodoxy in general can be so wonderful with lots of family around (though a lot of work). But it can make a lonely person feel lonelier. Hope everyone has a better purim next year! It barely feels like purim here as its snowing all day and we're homebound.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 3:31 pm
greenfire wrote:
I wish I had a car about now ... that aston martin was merely conjured up in a dream

[& I'm too senile so I had to look up anthony goldstein ... was he really in harry potter]

AW shucks. I thought that was really your car, it being green, and all...
Wink

Yup he was in Harry Potter, and a frum girl/woman is doing fanfiction as if he were frum.

I'm drunk, getting my threads mixed up.

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

Lchaim!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 3:52 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Don't be embarrassed to ask. I never like to either but sometimes people shocked me by being glad to join for seder or seuda (sometimes nothing works out and you feel so rejected). You have to ask and you have to do it early.
I have no one to ask. Thats the thing go so I have to smell out who I can... I literally have no friends or family that im close to and it's ironic because I'm very outgoing and popular just a huge introvert. Pesach is the real problem time for seudas and hard.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 4:17 pm

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 4:18 pm
What's the green stuff inside?

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 4:21 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
What's the green stuff inside?

didn't you read the thread ... ^^^

vashtitashen ... with lime green filling

youngishbear

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 5:03 pm
They look amazing.

How did you make the lime green? Recipe, please!!!

Now I really gotta get me some.

Talk about being green with longing... Mr. Green

amother

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 6:17 pm
How I feel for you. As a matter of fact I totally get you.

I'm in a non-satisfactory situation too.

DH who is Narcissistic among many other issues, won't go to most of the Shuls in town since there's someone there that he doesn't like/offended him/take your pick of excuse, the one or two Shuls he does like, he doesn't get a warm welcome there to say the least.... you get the pic of my social situation, after all I'm supposed to be the loyal wife.

The DC are teens and they do their own thing, mainly sitting at home surfing the net/reading and here I am on Purim, while glad for the day off work (there are things to be said for working for an orthodox boss), God knows why I even bother to prepare half the food I eat, everyone has their opinions and DH will make his snide comments about my food-wasting habits. Again.

OK OK Pity Party Is Over!!

Sitting here, reading Imamother, drinking coffee (I don't know why I do this to myself, I hope I sleep tonight...) and fighting with myself not to eat the chocolate chip cookies I baked that have not been touched.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
How I feel for you. As a matter of fact I totally get you.

I'm in a non-satisfactory situation too.

DH who is Narcissistic among many other issues, won't go to most of the Shuls in town since there's someone there that he doesn't like/offended him/take your pick of excuse, the one or two Shuls he does like, he doesn't get a warm welcome there to say the least.... you get the pic of my social situation, after all I'm supposed to be the loyal wife.

The DC are teens and they do their own thing, mainly sitting at home surfing the net/reading and here I am on Purim, while glad for the day off work (there are things to be said for working for an orthodox boss), God knows why I even bother to prepare half the food I eat, everyone has their opinions and DH will make his snide comments about my food-wasting habits. Again.

OK OK Pity Party Is Over!!

Sitting here, reading Imamother, drinking coffee (I don't know why I do this to myself, I hope I sleep tonight...) and fighting with myself not to eat the chocolate chip cookies I baked that have not been touched.

what is it with unappreciative family ... ignore them all

& please eat some cookies - you deserve a little treat [just a few]

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 7:53 pm
As the tequilla seeps in
I no longer know if I'm happy or sad.
People are having parties
Simchas Purim to be had.

I'll be alone - my hamentashen to share
With invisible people who don't know
The world keeps on living
Not knowing I'm here.

I'm starving for people
They left me - I'm done.
this poem is sunk
I can't rhyme when I'm drunk.

relish

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 7:55 pm
Greenie, you are so much fun, even when you are so down! I would love to get to know you in real life!

youngishbear

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 8:11 pm
Greenie, words don't have to rhyme to be poetic:

Some people
think
that if
they wrIte
just
a few
short
words
on each line
that is poetry

So hey,
have a shot
of glenlivet
and share
your wisdom
with the world
(wide web).
Or at least
us imamothers
spending Purim
online.

imasinger

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 8:31 pm
Wow, those vashtitaschen!

But I'm confused. Wasn't Esther the one with the green skin?

I'm sorry you had such a sad and lonely Purim. I'd like to wake up a few of the people in your life with a clue-by-four.

May tomorrow and the days that follow bring better things. It's always darkest before the dawn.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:
have no idea what my plans for pesach can even be. Just davening to Hashem that I will find somewhere to be for the sedarim mostly and other meals too since staying home is not an option. usually I feel ppl out before pesach and see who is able to have guests.

There might be some imamothers who'd love to have you. Do you want to share your location, or give us a general idea?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 10:36 pm
I used to love purim. Except my husband has ADD and his outbursts are ten times worse on purim due to all the running around with the kids. Or maybe it's just the fact that we're spending all day together as a family. I can't deal with his outbursts all the time especially when DD yells: "stop fighting!" When we're not fighting, it's just my husband yelling. Sad that he doesn't care about the effects his outbursts have on the kids. I deserve a medal for holding in my tears all day and putting a smile on my face despite it all.

boysrus

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 11:13 pm
oh dear, , I only just found this thread, greenfire. I just wanted to say hi, and I hope that Purim was not too too lonesome for you... if you lived in my neck of the woods we would have invited you for purim seudah.... hang in there. Hugs to you. xxx

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 11:56 pm
Ay, begorra, save some of those LimeRICK green pastries for St. Paddy's day.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 1:33 pm
zaq wrote:

there's an old joke
what's the difference between st patty's day & purim ? irish has stuff that goes in green - the jews have stuff that comes out green ... Puke

I guess I've changed purim at least for them leprechauns Mr. Green

imasoftov

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 6:09 am
zaq wrote:

Or when Purim and St. Patrick's day coincide (last year, Shushan Purim did, next time regular Purim does in 2022)
http://www.hebcal.com/holidays/2022
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics