Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When do you start cleaning for pesach?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 6:24 am
We are KLP all year long. We keep challah in a tightly sealed bag.

Bsimcha

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 6:44 am
We clean up Purim and then sit down and start making lists and planning a schedule for the next month.
I know organizing is not Pesach cleaning, but we do a full house organization. We only do it once a year as we work full time and unfortunately not as organized as we should be.
Every year, we say we'll be more organized, we're still at the talking about it stage, admitting is the first step!!

rachel91

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 7:08 am
We are usually not home on pessach, so I don't have the pressure, but if we would be, I would probably start about after Purim.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 7:43 am
Cleani for pesach? maybe a week before. My cleaning person comes usually on a thursday so the week before he will do a thorough clean. And since the seder is friday night, I will cook on thursday. Its not such a big deal here as it is just one day and we will be doing it with family so everyone will be making something. We dont eat in any other rooms besides for the dinning room (our kitchen does not have a table) so the only rooms that really need to be cleaned out for actual chametz are teh kitchen and dinning room.

MGmom

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 8:13 am
I clean and organize at my leisure from about chanukah time, knowing that pesach is coming, but cleaning out a pajama shelf is no pesach cleaning, the real d/r and l/r cleaning will start NOW!!!!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND DOMT STRESS OUT!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 8:15 am
marina wrote:
I mean this motzei shabbos. But I'm just teasing. I cannot conceive a world where 1) I would be that organized and 2) I'd think elongating pesach for an extra month would be a good idea.

And I was thinking 1) I didn't know you had it in you (but wasn't surprised) and 2) What kind of work or other pressures would you lead you to do this? Can I send you a kugel or something? Tongue Out

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 8:17 am
boysrus wrote:
shloshim yom kodem hachag - 30 days before the chag is now, that 's the time that I start to think about pesach cleaning. good luck to all of us!

Machshava k'maaseh. Tizku l'mitzvos.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 8:42 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Just go to a hotel or your family

You pay the hotel or the big apartment? Smile

mazal555

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 8:55 am
I am mostly done

imasoftov

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 5:48 am
amother wrote:
We are KLP all year long. We keep challah in a tightly sealed bag.

We have two kitchens. Both are KLP are all year long but we still don't use the year-round kitchen on Pesach.

Seriously, I once was at a party one Purim night and some of us went next door to borrow chairs. When we got there, they were cleaning for Pesach. Some people just know how to have fun ...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics