Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When do you start cleaning for pesach?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 8:46 pm
I usually start about 2 weeks before purim, but I have not started yet. Am I the only one? Or do others feel just as behind as I do?

marina

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 8:58 pm
I'm turning over my kitchen motzei shabbos. Anyone else?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:06 pm
marina wrote:

This motzei Shabbos? Or after Shabbos Hagadol? If the former, what are your logistics for the next few weeks?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:07 pm
marina wrote:

Are you turning it upside down or right side up?

marina

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:10 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
This motzei Shabbos? Or after Shabbos Hagadol? If the former, what are your logistics for the next few weeks?

I mean this motzei shabbos. But I'm just teasing. I cannot conceive a world where 1) I would be that organized and 2) I'd think elongating pesach for an extra month would be a good idea.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:10 pm
Marina, after you finish, so you're welcome to come over here and help!

I'll start cleaning Sunday. As far away from the kitchen as possible.

abaker

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:25 pm
Now! Well actually gotta clean my house for shabbos first! It looks like a Purim bomb hit it! But I may start soon...

wife2

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:28 pm
I was waiting for a thread like this to start the second Purim was over. Now Purim is over, so start to really think and worry about Pesach cleaning.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:41 pm
Gosh I start the week after Simchas Torah. What's up with all you slow people... Dont know

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:45 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Gosh I start the week after Simchas Torah. What's up with all you slow people... Dont know

I'm sure you mean Simchas Torah 5775. You slacker, you.

Miri7

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 10:53 pm
Wednesday night before pesach. Seriously.

(We go OOT to a condo. Arrive Wednesday, kasher and start cooking Thursday.)

I simply can't handle the monthlong craze. Doing pesach this way keeps me same and keeps me loving Pesach.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 11:00 pm
Just go to a hotel or your family

boysrus

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 11:09 pm
shloshim yom kodem hachag - 30 days before the chag is now, that 's the time that I start to think about pesach cleaning. hopefully the actual cleaning will start sometime next week.
its going to be a long few weeks. good luck to all of us!

Jewishmom8

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 1:12 am
I want to start on sunday
good luck everyone!

loveandpeace

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 1:24 am
One half to one week before the chag. I can't handle a monthlong craze Like Miri7 said.

tf

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 1:38 am
What's a difference when everybody else starts? How does it help you get there?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 1:57 am
I started already. My cleaning lady is expecting so I want to make it easier for her. The bedrooms and the downstairs are done.

Anonymous because I discussed this IRL.

Sanguine

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 3:39 am
OK shoot me - I always start Tu B'shvat (sometimes Rosh Chodesh Shvat). Used to be later but now I only have a cleaning lady ever other week. So all my bedrooms and my basement are done (always before Purim). This week she will clean my guestroom which is basically my all purpose room on my main floor and my freezer (I have more than one). Then in 2 weeks she'll do my L/R D/R. The last week she'll give me an extra 2 hours (it's not my week) and do my fridge. The rest of the kitchen I do but my kids and DH help. By starting so early I really break down this tremendous job (we eat everywhere all year).

I hate that thought of no sleep every night during the week before Pesach. In Israel we have only one seder so we prefer to be awake for it (My mother always said she's glad there are 2 Sedorim cause she always sleeps through the first).

Also, kids in Israel have off the full week before Pesach (the teacher's union is very strong and all those teachers need the week off to clean) so you really can't leave everything for the end

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 4:19 am
Started after channuka break. All that's left is the kitchen,balcony and the floors. And I'm going to Israel next week for a week.

Raisin

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 5:05 am
I haven't started yet. I guess I will aim to do one or two rooms a week. Bedrooms are easy enough, just need to make sure they are chametz free. My cleaning lady will vacuum behind furniture and under beds.

Downstairs I will do the week before pesach. Will probably kasher the sunday/monday before pesach and start cooking.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics