Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Pesach savory roulade

cbg

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 10:55 am
Has anyone tried this before and have a recipe.
Basically a jelly roll (not sweet) filled with savory foods, like flaked salmon, mushroom, or deli, anything really.
Will any Pesach jelly roll sponge recipe minus the sugar work.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 11:39 am
Are you sure you want to do this? Why eat unnecessary extra unhealthy pesach starch when you can eat cleanly?
Is it the presentation that you want? You can wrap proteins around vegetables or potatoes (steak roll ups stuffed with mashed potatoes, fish fillets rolled around vegetables, crepe roll ups with sauteed julienne vegetables), surround proteins with vegetables (eggplant roll ups, zucchini roll ups), etc.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Mar 02 2015, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

cbg

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 1:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Are you sure you want to do this? Why eat unnecessary extra unhealthy pesach starch when you can eat cleanly?
Is it the presentation that you want? You can wrap proteins around vegetables or potatoes (steak roll ups stuffed with mashed potatoes, fish fillets rolled around vegetables, omelette roll ups with sauteed julienne vegetables), surround proteins with vegetables (eggplant roll ups, zucchini roll ups), etc.

I havent seen a recipe to say it is unhealthy. I thought the sponge would be mostly egg. Once I made the sponge I was planning to fill it with flaked salmon or veggies. Slice And serve. What do you mean by unhealthy Pesach starch. Isn't using a LITTLE bit of potato starch better than A LOT of mash potato.
I am asking, not to be contrary, but to learn.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 9:52 pm
cbg wrote:
I havent seen a recipe to say it is unhealthy. I thought the sponge would be mostly egg. Once I made the sponge I was planning to fill it with flaked salmon or veggies. Slice And serve. What do you mean by unhealthy Pesach starch. Isn't using a LITTLE bit of potato starch better than A LOT of mash potato.
I am asking, not to be contrary, but to learn.
There is usually plenty of potato starch. Not necessary totally terrible, but extra nonetheless Smile Starch side dishes are usually potatoes or matzo on Pesach, so the extra outer layer in addition to that... I'm sure it's fine though Tongue Out Hope you find a recipe!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics