Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Not chabad but want to send to a chabad school

amother

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 9:26 pm
my daughter wants to attend a chabad highs chool. We are lubavitch, but neve really embrassed it. My daughter has gone to bais yaakov throughout elementar school. She has never studied tanya, or any other chassidus. Yet she wants to go to this school. How do you think she will do? looking for any kind of info or thoughts on this matter.

shluchamom

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 9:56 pm
I don't know why you titled this as not Chabad if you are but anyways yes this is actually a very common situation and many people do this for various reasons. I would try and send her to a smaller high school unless there is one where you live and maybe hook her up with an older girl in the beginning to be as a backup if she feels it's too complex or overwhelming but I'm sure she will do just fine and catch on very quickly. If you say more info as to where you live or which high school you are thinking of others can give their opinion on that specific school.

chatz

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 10:56 pm
I went to a non-Lubavitch elementary school and then to a big Lubavitch high school. Never studied Tanya before high school. It was fine. We started Tanya from the beginning, Sichos were basic.. not sure what they taught in elementary, but I didn't feel the lack.

Raisin

Post Fri, Feb 27 2015, 4:55 am
I don't think it should be an issue, especially if her hebrew skills in general are good. It's really common to do this especially shluchim who live in places with no lubavitch school.

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 27 2015, 1:49 pm
there are a lot of people in your situation that specifically send their kids out-of-town to lubavitch high schools so they can learn some of the lubavitch minhagim via learning & participating in farbrengens, chassidus classes, mivtzaim, etc.

some schools are a dormitory school in chicago, the pittsburgh community where there is boarding, and of course good ole' crown heights the heart of it all ...

Hatemywig

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 3:29 pm
Bais Chaya Florida have a dorm http://www.baischaya.com/

Bnos Menachem and Bais Rivka in Crown Heights both have dorms. Bnos Menachem is extremely selective.

Chicago have a dorm - very Chassidish, selective too.

There was a small HS in Worcester, MA as well as New Haven I don't know if they're still in existence, they both had dorms.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics