Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ASAP ~ cake before shabbos ...
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 7:32 pm
What about the sir peleh (the wonder pot)? Poof! Cake on the stovetop!

hila

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 1:23 am
Greenie - I am happy to bake a cake (in Efrat) but I dont see I can get to Bet Zayit before Shabbat. If she can find a way to get it from me - I will have it ready by 11am friday.

If not - next week. (I will get one to Jeruusalem on thursday) ...

Now when are you coming to visit them ?

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:55 am
hila wrote:
Greenie - I am happy to bake a cake (in Efrat) but I dont see I can get to Bet Zayit before Shabbat. If she can find a way to get it from me - I will have it ready by 11am friday.

If not - next week. (I will get one to Jeruusalem on thursday) ...

Now when are you coming to visit them ?

thanks hila ~ efrat is too far ... and next week they'll finally have their own apartment & hopefully will be able to bake

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:57 am
amother wrote:

Asking strangers on the internet to bake and deliver a birthday cake? It's a bit over the top... It's not like there's a crisis.

having cake l'kovod shabbos is a crisis ... an inedible one Twisted Evil

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:59 am
amother wrote:
It's not even safe to let a stranger come to your house and bring a questionable cake.

I guess you haven't made enough friends on imamother ... besides I do NOT trust 'amother' - so you don't have to worry ... Shooting Arrow

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:04 am
Say, we're going away for Shabbat and I said I'd bake a cake but you can imagine how good I am at it... Maybe I'll just stop by Hila and pick one up there Very Happy

luppamom

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:08 am
What about a toaster oven? A nice big one that's really a small convection oven. I think I paid around 200-250 in the Shana Rishona gemach in Har Nof. I've baked cakes in it for Pesach. She could make the cake using Pareve utensils and then use it as a milchig oven if she likes to eat milchigs.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:23 am
wow many of you just don't listen ... they do NOT have their own place yet ... the apt they are in is NOT set up for baking ... they will set their own place up for whatever they need - once they move into their OWN place - god-willing next month

see what happens when your mother bakes & cooks too good ... you raise spoiled newlyweds who just want homemade goods ...

now enough of this putative notions as to why they can't get a cake = reading comprehension

Last edited by greenfire on Fri, Jan 30 2015, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:28 am
If DH is game, I can get it to gan sacher by 11:00 tomorrow. Plain boring chocolate cake... I can add chocolate chips.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:28 am
where is gan sachar ?

luppamom

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 2:37 pm
greenfire wrote:
wow many of you just don't listen ... they do NOT have their own place yet ... the apt they are in is NOT set up for baking ... they will set their own place up for whatever they need - once they move into their OWN place - willing next month

see what happens when your mother bakes & cooks too good ... you raise spoiled newlyweds who just want homemade goods ...

now enough of this putative notions as to why they can't get a cake = reading comprehension

I'm sorry. It must be hard having them so far away. I suggested the above b/c I thought it would be s/t they'd probably want to invest in either way (if they're milchig eaters) and I did manage to bake a cake in it pesach w/ very little utensils. The first yr. I don't even think I had a measuring cups, maybe just one for liquid. They sell really cheap disposable pans in the store.

I wanted to help, but can't offer to make anything as I don't live anywhere near Jerusalem. The cake might be chametz by the time I make it. (I hope not, but I don't go so often Smile) Also, DH will request another cake for him! That would be a lot of baking for me.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 2:47 pm
Jerusalem, a few blocks from binyanei hauma, which is opposite the central bus station.

israelgirl

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 3:05 pm
with pleasure! if they wanna pick it up, no prob. ( you don't know me tho...)but newlyweds, in Israel, unsettled...totally down to help.

israelgirl

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 3:06 pm
Do thye have the rest of Shabbos food?

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 9:36 am
thanks anyways ... guess with the time difference it's all too late ...

the few people I know are either in kiryat sefer or ra'anana ~ next week they'll be in jerusalem ~

לשבוע הבאה בירושלים

לחיים
Cheers Drunken Smile cake

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 9:38 am
israelgirl wrote:
Do thye have the rest of Shabbos food?

yes they brought their pot & have FUN cooking together ... they just don't have baking ability right now

that is very sweet of you to think if they need more than just a cake Hug

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 3:10 pm
here's the latest on the cake saga

thanks to the internet I found a bakery & merelyme found the digits ... I then called and ordered a cake from Pe'er in emek refaim ... so they will finally have their cake & eat it too ... in time for their 2nd month anniversary & their first shabbos in their own apartment Mr. Green cake

Iymnok

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 3:15 pm
I'm so happy you worked it out!

myself

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 3:16 pm
greenfire wrote:
here's the latest on the cake saga

thanks to the internet I found a bakery & merelyme found the digits ... I then called and ordered a cake from Pe'er in emek refaim ... so they will finally have their cake & eat it too ... in time for their 2nd month anniversary & their first shabbos in their own apartment Mr. Green cake

Sorry I couldn't help out as I don't live in Israel but just had to comment -- You sound like a wonderfully caring Mom! I'm sure they'll be overjoyed with your cake.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 4:10 pm
yeah you should have heard my tzubrochene hebrew ... um chetzi chetzi lavan v'chocolate bishvil erev shabbat - 140NIS ? zeh meod - ugiya katan bishvil chosson v'kallah ... lo mishteh

she wants to know ... lamah lo kal chocolate ...

I say ... ki he ohev chocolate v'who oheiv lavan ... oysh it was hard

but the kiddies are excited
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions