Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
The Family Institute of Neve Yerushaliyim

amother

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 2:41 am
Has anyone ever used them? I wanted to know how it all works. How is a therapist chosen? How do they decide how much people pay? Etc.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 3:43 am
They call you for an intake session where you tell them about your background and why you reached out to them, and based on that they assign you to a therapist in training. In terms of payment they have a sliding scale and an application (quick, painless) to determine if you're eligible for discounts.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions I can do my best to answer.

(good luck!)

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 11:01 pm
amother wrote:
They call you for an intake session where you tell them about your background and why you reached out to them, and based on that they assign you to a therapist in training. In terms of payment they have a sliding scale and an application (quick, painless) to determine if you're eligible for discounts.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions I can do my best to answer.

(good luck!)
thank you.

anyone else ever use them?

amother

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 3:40 am
Stay far away if you really need help. Was a total disaster for our family. Went there because couldn't afford therapy and had a marriage in crisis. Stayed there in crisis for 8 months, due to unqualified therapist, which was terribly damaging to us and especially our children, until we finally left. Then paid for private therapy instead of paying rent - we may get thrown out on the street but, at least we're not divorced, and after a few months of a decent therapist we were in a much better place. Beg, borrow, steal - but stay away if you need serious help.

You are assigned to any random therapist in training who happens to be there or any therapist who can't find work elsewhere and pays Neve to be able to "work" there. (I know someone who did that.) Having the necessary degrees does not mean the therapist is really qualified to help you. The "supervision" there doesn't mean your case will be properly dealt with. Been there, done that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions