Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wukogals

MamaBear

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:06 pm
Ever hear of them? Kind of like the MIMU stuff but a little trendier, cuter, imo. What's the quality like? Sizing is a bit odd.....much of it is one size fits all. Their lengths are much better than the MIMU swing style dresses, which don't really cover knees.

http://www.wukogals.com/category-s/1814.htm

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 7:18 pm
Oh wow, such great stuff! The prices are more reasonable, too.

I'd be interested to know how the sizing runs. I'm a US size 12, and I'm SO tired of buying a size XXXL and then finding out it's so small that I have to give it to my 11yo daughter. Sad

I just emailed them about the sizes. It says that "one size fits most", but then says that it will be tight on a size 12. ARGH!!!

That is not my definition of "most". Mad

alef12

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 7:11 am
Their stuff is interesting but they should have things available in SIZES. They are taking advantage of the stretch in the fabrics they are using to fit a greater range of sizes which is sloppy. I understand that having multiple sizes made is more expensive for them but one size fits most usually means, one size fits almost no one properly.

chickpea_salad

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 9:31 am
I like the idea of adding a belt to a tunic dress. I would prefer if they had a S/M M/L style sizing. 'One size' means nothing.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 8:29 pm
I just got an email back from the company. Extended sizes coming! Very Happy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!
Thank you!!
It really depends on which dress you were looking for.
All of our dresses are one size fits most, except our newest slim dresses which we just sized.

The tunics fit the widest size range- from a 0-14/16. We've had so many different models try on the tunics, all diff body shapes (including many pregnant moms) and different heights.. Some wear them belted and blouse them to make them a bit shorter, and others wear them without any belt, more of a maxi dress look with heels and a statement necklace.. You can play around with different looks and see if you like it and feel comfortable in it..

The column dress is like a fitted skirt and bloused top. You can wear it knee length or long with or without something belt. Best fit for a 0-12 but will be very fitted if you are closer to a 12, especially for a curvy girl.

The slim is a fitted dress. It's not skin tight on tiny people but fitted all the way through the knee. Best fit is 0-8 and now with our adjusted sizes m/l will fit up to a 12 but will be very fitted.

The swing dress has a ruched arm but is flattering and flary on bottom. It comes in two lengths but are actually cut the same the only difference is the length. It's loose and flary...Best fit to a 0-12/14.

We have knee length tunics too but they are a little more fitted by the arms.

We are also in th process of designing larger sizes, 14-20, so keep in touch with us!

Lastly if you want to try something we have currently, you can return an item as long as it is unworn with the tags still on it within seven days for a full refund minus the shipping, so if it doesn't work for you no pressure:-)
Let us know if you have more questions!

Happy shopping!!

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 8:35 pm
I like some of their stuff but the wrap dresses don't look like they really wrap. I'd love a Diane Von Furstenberg style wrap dress that is made to be tznius. So flattering when done right.

MamaBear

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 4:51 pm
They emailed me more or less the same info but I asked about the wrap and it's a fake wrap - so it's tsnius. It's just an extra fake loose layer over the proper skirt part.

Their instagram page has the most photos of how the dresses look on different sizes.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 7:12 pm
I ordered two of the dresses. I'm a size 2/4 and I'd say their ones size fits all is basically a medium. So if you're a small, you belt it tightly and it's a loose but cinched look. If you're a large, it's a more fitted look everywhere and if you're a medium, you're in luck cuz it's just right. Wink

Sizing aside, the style and prints for the ones I got were very cute. I got one swing dress and one wrap style. The quality was very average. Thin material, loose strings, too.

On the plus side, they don't need layering. They're not actually worth the cost (think thin, t shirt material) but if you like the style and can afford it, go ahead. Tsnius dresses aren't so easy to find.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics