Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Please come to my party and cheer me up
Previous  1  2  3  Next

SplitPea

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 11:42 am
eema of 3 wrote:
I've had a rough few weeks, and would really like to cheer myself up. I would be thrilled to make a chanuka party in my house! (Someone else will have to make the latkes though- I can't stand the smell of frying oil)
This is a very real and sincere invitation! If you would like to come, either post here or message me. I'm thinking the easiest time would be Sunday during the day, but once I get responses (IF I get responses) that can always change. I live in bayswater, so anyone in driving distance is welcome!!!

(P.S. Thanks to yo'ma for giving me this idea)

Hello just post on The FB group you have many many people who love you and would happily come! Me included!

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 12:06 pm
SplitPea wrote:
Hello just post on The FB group you have many many people who love you and would happily come! Me included!

That's true, and I can do that on a different day/night.....or in the same night!!! I want to meet new people!!

SplitPea

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 3:13 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
That's true, and I can do that on a different day/night.....or in the same night!!! I want to meet new people!!

So which party would I be invited to Tongue Out

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 3:32 pm
SplitPea wrote:
So which party would I be invited to Tongue Out

Both :-) but you haven't answered for the other one yet!!!

yo'ma

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 4:08 pm
What train is near you? I don't know my schedule yet. Wait, I probably won't even have one, but I'm not even in the states yet Very Happy .

SplitPea

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 6:47 pm
yo'ma wrote:
What train is near you? I don't know my schedule yet. Wait, I probably won't even have one, but I'm not even in the states yet Very Happy .

Far Rockaway/Bayswater you would take the a train all the way to the last stop (far Rockaway) then its a 10-12 minute walk.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 9:38 pm
SplitPea wrote:
Far Rockaway/Bayswater you would take the a train all the way to the last stop (far Rockaway) then its a 10-12 minute walk.

Maybe everyone coming in by train can coordinate the timing and I can pick everyone up. It should to be too hard if you are all going to the same party :-)
I've had 4 people respond so far that they are interested, but no one has told me a date or time that works well for them. So far for me, Thursday night and motzei shabbos doesn't work.

SplitPea

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 9:45 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
Maybe everyone coming in by train can coordinate the timing and I can pick everyone up. It should to be too hard if you are all going to the same party :-)
I've had 4 people respond so far that they are interested, but no one has told me a date or time that works well for them. So far for me, Thursday night and motzei shabbos doesn't work.

I would offer to pick people up hit the van is full of carseats lol

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 9:49 pm
SplitPea wrote:
I would offer to pick people up hit the van is full of carseats lol

Mine is too, but I'll take them out :-)

yo'ma

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 10:36 pm
Don't ask me because I don't know what's going on with me. Personally I'd prefer a day thing, but of course you do what's best for you Wink .

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 10:41 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Don't ask me because I don't know what's going on with me. Personally I'd prefer a day thing, but of course you do what's best for you Wink .

I will be home Friday, Monday and Tuesday so those days are good for me during the day. Like I said, no one is really making a commitment, so you get to pick cuz you're the only one saying anything so far!! :-)

yo'ma

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 10:45 pm
Like I said, I'm not there yet, so I don't know anything, but from those days, tuesday is best for me.

sourstix

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 10:47 pm
dont take this personally. I dont think you realize but I wouldnt meet anyone from online. I was taught to be cautious. enjoy your party tho.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 10:58 pm
Anon so as not to hurt a fellow imamother.

I once arranged to meet with a long-time member of this website. She told me one of the mods who knew her personally (though I did not actually check that out) and I gave her my address. She wasn't dangerous at all, but let's just say that when I moved I did not give her my new address. In retrospect, I would not have gotten together with her at all.

People, please be careful before getting together, and giving out your address(!!!), with people you know nothing about.

OP, I can think of lots of better ways to get to know people in Bayswater than making an open house like this. Go to shul (even if only for after davening to meet your husband), attend a shiur, join a gym or exercise class, etc... but please don't tell people you don't know anything about where you live.

(And for anyone who actually believes that there are NO trolls on imamother.... Confused )

amother

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 11:00 pm
amother wrote:
Anon so as not to hurt a fellow imamother.

I once arranged to meet with a long-time member of this website. She told me one of the mods who knew her personally (though I did not actually check that out) and I gave her my address. She wasn't dangerous at all, but let's just say that when I moved I did not give her my new address. In retrospect, I would not have gotten together with her at all.

People, please be careful before getting together, and giving out your address(!!!), with people you know nothing about.

OP, I can think of lots of better ways to get to know people in Bayswater than making an open house like this. Go to shul (even if only for after davening to meet your husband), attend a shiur, join a gym or exercise class, etc... but please don't tell people you don't know anything about where you live.

(And for anyone who actually believes that there are NO trolls on imamother.... Confused )

This. You have no idea who is sitting on the other side of the computer. Please do not invite strangers into your home.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Nov 29 2014, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 11:05 pm
For all those who are concerned I am not dumb enough to give my address I someone I've never met. There is a park near my house, and I was going to give directions to that park for anyone who says they wanted to come.
But now I'm not so in the mood anymore. I was trying to do a nice thing, something to cheer myself up. Can't a girl just have a little fun without people raining in her parade? More people have said not to do it than people who have replied they would like to come.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 11:08 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
For all those who are concerned I am not dumb enough to give my address I someone I've never met. There is a park near my house, and I was going to give directions to that park for anyone who says they wanted to come.
But now I'm not so in the mood anymore. I was trying to do a nice thing, something to cheer myself up. Can't a girl just have a little fun without people raining in her parade? More people have said not to do it than people who have replied they would like to come.

Sorry. I didn't realize that. However, I think most people are saying no because sadly in this world you really can't trust people you meet online. I am wary of meeting strangers even in public. You never know who will be coming.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 11:15 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry. I didn't realize that. However, I think most people are saying no because sadly in this world you really can't trust people you meet online. I am wary of meeting strangers even in public. You never know who will be coming.

Eema, I'm the amother from right before who rained on your parade. I'm sorry. I really really am. I know how hard it is to meet people, and I can understand you a million percent. BUT I also know what can happen...

Assuming you ARE indeed an Eema of three, how about making a chanukah party for your kids and some friends. Depending on their ages, they will either invite the kids they want, or if they're young enough, get a classlist and invite children who live close by. They will be dropped off, and you can meet some parents. Or, if you're gutsy enough, you can include a blurb on the invitation "mommies welcome too!" and that way you'll get more than a minute with each parent.

If you were a parent in my child's class who sent such an invitation, I'd come. But you're not, cuz I don't live in Bayswater.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 11:16 pm
People are saying not to do it because they care about you and your safety, not because they're trying to rain on your parade.

They might also care about their own and other posters' safety. Maybe you ate trying to bait then into an unsafe situation?

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 11:33 pm
amother wrote:
People are saying not to do it because they care about you and your safety, not because they're trying to rain on your parade.

They might also care about their own and other posters' safety. Maybe you ate trying to bait then into an unsafe situation?

Do people not know what precautions are?
Yes, I am secretly a serial killer, trying to lure and kill everyone.
Ok, I give up, party plan had gone out of my head. Yo'ma, let me know if you are still interested.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics