Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Best Honey Cake!
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 9  10  11  Next

AZmom09

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 12:53 pm
I don't see why not, just may be more dense I think, never tried it.

mom21n2

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 5:48 am
Just want to say thanks for this recipe. I used it and it was a big hit!

Mevater

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 7:30 am
AZmom09 wrote:
I don't see why not, just may be more dense I think, never tried it.
A M A Z I N G CAKE RECIPE!!!!

I just defrosted a fluffy honey cake gthat I made before Yom Tov using your recipe, and I didnt use, and its delish! It has an unusually moist texture.

If you know of any other recipes for other cakes (not honey) with this texture, please post. Amazing cake! Thanks!

AZmom09

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 7:29 am
Bumping this up- the best honey cake!!! Can't wait to make it.

pickle321

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:23 am
Made this last year and it was literally the best honey cake I ever had! Can't wait to make it again!

miri36

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 4:41 pm
Another vote for this recipe. I was trying to remember where I found a good recipe last year and then I checked my imamother recipe box. Can't wait to make this again.

itsme123

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 5:54 am
Can you pls explain the coffee part... A full cup of coffee????

AZmom09

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 5:55 am
1 tablespoon or so of instant coffee dissolved in 1 cup of warm water.

3mitzvos

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 8:22 am
Just made this last night for the first time. One word: AMAZING. This has now become my go-to honey cake recipe!

pickle321

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 10:51 am
Just made it today! It's delicious!!

Bruria

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 10:21 pm
Wow!!! This recipe is the BEST, it was a huge hit!!! Thank you so much for this recipe!!!
It came out perfect, super moist, amazing!!! And I also made a gluten free version that came out perfect!!!
Chatima tova! Thanks again for sharing this and making our Rosh haShana sweeter!

Iymnok

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 3:48 am
Everyone loved it, even the kids! I'm making it with healthy substitutions for breakfast for the kids on Yom Kippur and Yom Tov morning. With a fancier meal to prepare, I wanted an easy breakfast- this was perfect!
The best part was just wrapping it and leaving it out, it wasn't taking up freezer space while getting squished.
Now we will be going through honey faster!

etky

Post Sat, Sep 19 2015, 10:36 am
So, encouraged by all the accolades that I read here, I made this yesterday - the first honey cake I've ever made since neither I nor other members of my family are big fans of the genre.
I baked it in two loaf pans. One I froze and the other I left out for Shabbat.
It is indeed a very successful recipe: the cake is moist, light, and not cloyingly sweet.
It is ridiculously quick and easy to make and it baked perfectly.
DH also liked it (though the kids didn't). He said it brought him back to the highholiday seasons of his childhood.
I'm no honey cake maven but it probably was one of the best I've tasted and it's always nice to be able add a really good (and easy!!) recipe to your repertoire.
However, it did not convert me to being a honey cake lover though that didn't stop me from eating (more than) my fair share of course Confused .
I don't know, there's something about honey cake that I just don't love Sad
If I do make this again for next year I think I might add a touch of other spices aside from the cinnamon to take it more into the realm of spice cake. Maybe some raisins too.

fluffernutter

Post Sat, Sep 19 2015, 2:45 pm
I'm being lazy and not reading all 6 pages - are all the comments about the first recipe? or was another one posted later on?

pickle321

Post Sat, Sep 19 2015, 3:12 pm
fluffernutter wrote:
I'm being lazy and not reading all 6 pages - are all the comments about the first recipe? or was another one posted later on?

The first one

chevi1

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:47 pm
What do I do to make this come out flat on top ?

miri36

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:14 pm
What do you mean? How is yours coming out?

AZmom09

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 12:17 pm
Wow so glad you guys have been loving this recipe. My mom is very proud to tell people about her famous recipe on imamother lol.
I recently played around with the recipe JUST A BIT and it ended up so so good that even my husband who hates honey cake- loves this one!
You can see it here.
http://bayismagazine.com/2016/.....cake/

Mevater

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 8:37 pm
AZmom09 wrote:
Wow so glad you guys have been loving this recipe. My mom is very proud to tell people about her famous recipe on imamother lol.
I recently played around with the recipe JUST A BIT and it ended up so so good that even my husband who hates honey cake- loves this one!
You can see it here.
http://bayismagazine.com/2016/.....cake/

What did you change?

Mevater

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:21 am
AZmom09 wrote:
Hey all!
So I tried one of the honey cakes on this website last year instead of using my mother's recipe, and although it was good I found it a bit too much. Maybe it was too sweet or something I don't really remember.
So this year I'm making my mother's recipe and it really is the best!
Give it a try and let me know how it is!

Honey Cake

2 eggs
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cocoa
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup strong coffee (1 c hot water w spoonful of coffee granules)
2 cups flour

Ive made this cake many times before in a 9 X 12, but I cant remember if I need the low 9 X 12 (under 2" high) or the higher 9 X 12 (about 2 1/4"). With 2 cups flour and the baking soda and powder, which makes it grow, which is better?
Page 6 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus