Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Am I the only one that needs a cleaning lady?

smilingmom

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 9:45 pm
Looking for someone to clean once a week for eight hours.
Brooklyn.
Please PM me with any leads.
TIA

Last edited by smilingmom on Fri, Oct 31 2014, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

smilingmom

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 6:31 am
Bump

smilingmom

Post Fri, Oct 31 2014, 7:01 am
I am still looking for a good cleaning women.
Has anyone got anyone from Miriam balabusta cleaning service?
Where you happy?
Any other suggestions?
I think I would need someone twic a week for five hours at a time.

TIA

gazingblue

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 8:43 pm
Smilingmom, have you had any luck finding good cleaning help? I'm also looking.

solo

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 10:02 pm
Miriam's agency sent me someone once. Waste of time.

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:19 am
Smilingmom I also need someone. my lady only wants to come for 6-8 hours at a time since she lives so far, she is pretty good and speaks English. I need someone for 4 hours 2-3 times a week rather than one long chunk of time.....

gazingblue

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:53 am
bnm wrote:
Smilingmom I also need someone. my lady only wants to come for 6-8 hours at a time since she lives so far, she is pretty good and speaks English. I need someone for 4 hours 2-3 times a week rather than one long chunk of time.....

Bnm, where does she live? Which days do you use her? Do you want to pm me? Maybe if you don't live far from me we can share?

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:56 am
she already told me that she can't come every Tuesday and that her Wednesday lady would love to have her for Thursday too. So I'm looking for a replacement. She lives in Brighton Beach, takes her an hour to get to my end of BP by train.

gazingblue

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:59 am
bnm wrote:
she already told me that she can't come every Tuesday and that her Wednesday lady would love to have her for Thursday too. So I'm looking for a replacement. She lives in Brighton Beach, takes her an hour to get to my end of BP by train.

I'm sorry you need to find a replacement. I feel your frustrations. Hatzlacha

smilingmom

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 7:50 am
I finally found someone.
I posted that I was looking for cleaning helping in my neighborhood Facebook group.
A fellow member of the group responded. It turns out she lives right near me, is American, and has OCD.
Now my kitchen and bathroom are not only clean, but also super organized. I also reimburse her for buying the cleaning supplies, so she can buy whatever she needs and I don't have to worry about making sure I have cleaning supplies.

Perhaps that is the way to go. There are a lot of American women out there without jobs and $12 an hour off the books, for doing what most of them are used to doing anyway sure beats being a cashier in Walgreens or flipping burgers in McDonald's.

I first tried Miriam's but after having her not send anyone twice, I gave up. It was very important to me to have someone reliable.

luckysunshine

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 8:32 am
I am still looking for someone..in Brooklyn. I'd love someone for approximately 5 hours once a week. If anyone has a lady who has an extra day available, can you please PM me?

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 8:33 am
yay for you. So nice to have a cleaning lady you can communicate with. Because of the language barrier my cleaner generally does basic stuff.

Someone where I live started a website that you can hire cleaners on.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 3:15 pm
Raisin, I use google translate to communicate with my cleaning help!

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 4:07 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Raisin, I use google translate to communicate with my cleaning help!

Its not the same....its not just language...take toys for example. An american or other western person would know what a monopoly car or lego piece looks like, or other random object. My cleaner(s) in general are clueless about many things. I will find a brightly coloured kitchen implement in the toy box.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries