Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Still don't have a stroller, plz help me choose
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Fave

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 7:04 pm
amother wrote:
op here. willing to spend up to 800 (don't want to go to the 1K bugaboo price range)

The bugabee is still in your price range and fits all your requirements + you'll have. Lot of color options to choose from....

rachel91

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 7:15 pm
I don't know, if you have this brand in the US, it's called 'koelstra' and is the stroller, I see mostly after the bugaboo, it's supposed to be very good and is lower in price.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 8:24 pm
City Versa is a better option than Select. And UppaBaby is very very wide and really hard to maneuver in and out of places... Used my Versa with bassinet for a few months, and handle reversed so was facing baby. Was very satisfied.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 8:38 pm
I believe you can get the bugaboo bee3, including bassinet, for between $775-$875. You may be able to get it in your price range and can choose different colors for each of the 4 components.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:18 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I believe you can get the bugaboo bee3, including bassinet, for between $775-$875. You may be able to get it in your price range and can choose different colors for each of the 4 components.

Unfortunately not Sad the stroller with seat and canopy is $769. The bassinet is an additional $230 (115 for the base and 115 for the fabric).

I think a bee is a good choice but I would probably just go with a bee plus and a footmuff to stay in budget.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:23 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Unfortunately not Sad the stroller with seat and canopy is $769. The bassinet is an additional $230 (115 for the base and 115 for the fabric).

I think a bee is a good choice but I would probably just go with a bee plus and a footmuff to stay in budget.
I thought I saw the base for $570, sun canopy for $80, seat fabric $80, bassinet $115.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:26 pm
Oh, there's a 5th component? Bassinet fabric?

kb

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:31 pm
redroses wrote:
I llove love my uppababy vista! I had the citi select because I thought I needed the option for a proper double, but I found it to be so heavde(wy and bulky and big. I sold it and bought the vista. It has all the qualities you are looking for, and it is lighter and smaller than the citi select. If you need it to be a double you can buy a rumble seat which kind of goes into the basket, it's not a proper second seat but it's great for occasional use, and they are actually coming out wiht a new model that has the option for a proper second seat. I have the bugtgy board which is perfect for my 2 year old to ride along on. It is a bit pricier thatn the citi select but it comes with a basssinet included in the price while the citi select does not.

Hope this is helpful

Fyi, they are making a new model for 2015 that will have room for two normal seats, car seats, or bassinet!!

It's more expensive though.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:53 pm
you gotta go to the store to try them all out! It's not the same online.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:01 pm
I bought an Uppababy Cruz recently and have been converting all of my friends (hence the anon post). It has all the benefits of the Vista but is much lighter and more streamlined, folds up better (but still not so small), has the adjustable handlebar and a HUGE basket. The only thing better about the Vista is that the wheels are bigger, and it comes standard with the bassinet (but you can get a bassinet for the Cruz). It pushes like a dream. I love it!

It reclines fully but in a seated position - so the whole seat tilts back. Baby does not lie flat once s/he is past a certain height, his/her feet will always be somewhat elevated. The hood extends to almost full coverage. It comes with a rain cover and mosquito net (no foot muff, don't know if there is a compatible one or not). The seat faces both ways but you have to turn it forward-facing (away from you) to fold it. It's not a big deal to change the direction but you can't do it while you're holding the baby - so it's not usually a one-hand fold.

There are a bunch of optional attachments - snack tray, bar, etc. - and it comes in a lot of fun new colors. If you want girly there was a gorgeous lilac.

You really should go to the store and try them out, though - there's nothing like seeing and pushing a stroller in person.

Good luck!

ching chong

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:46 pm
Did you hear about the "mamas and papas"? It's about $450, lightweight, very easy to fold and pretty too! I have the denim one with the different colored lines on the inside of the hood. I really love it but would love it even more if it would have air wheels. Do have a look at it!

amother

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 12:20 am
amother wrote:
op here. willing to spend up to 800 (don't want to go to the 1K bugaboo price range), would be very happy to spend less though. would prefer a girly colored stroller since I have a girl. looking at the vista, I would have to get black (don't care for red). still feeling overwhelmed, here is the list I compiled after reading through imamother - help!!!
uppa baby vista
uppa baby cruz
uppa baby g-luxe
peg perego
city mini
yoyo
Peg Perego Book Plus Reversible Stroller in Fuchsia
baby jogger city versa
britax b-agile
valco snap 4 stroller
baby jogger citi mini gt
baby jogger city select

First off! Forget about the gluxe! It's an umbrella stroller--it's got perforated non removable seat so food and dirt gets trapped in those deep holes in the fabric and you can wash it out - you'd have to sit there with a TOOTHPiCK !

The book seemed bulky to me.

The cruz seems very wobbly not like a good ride at all.

Vista looks great -- but few reasons why I went with the city versa instead

Folds with seat facing either way (vista must be forward (not parent) facing to fold.
Much cheaper!
Has all wheel shock suspension (vista only front wheels) which makes the ride so smooth, the stroller practically pushes itself.
The seat when forward facing is closer to the ground, so that an older child, like 2.5 and up, can climb in and out without you having to lift them (as I imagine you would with the high sitting vista)
However in parent facing mode seat sits at a good high height. With car seat attached you don't need to bend to reach your baby at all. Nice and high.
I feel that the vista looks like a newborn to 2 years stroller. With the versa I imagine even a 4 year old would be comfortable.

Also, the bugaboo bee has a lox weight capacity I think 37lb , the versa I think is 50lb.

Beshaa Tova!

amother

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 1:56 am
Just add to the list, I've been wondering myself about the Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan and the Phil & Ted's Smart and Smart Luxe.

Marz613

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 4:12 am
what are you using it for? in and out of the car? the mall? bumpy terrain? all this matters.

rise above

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 9:43 am
Is there any bassinet option for the City Versa? At Sale Price: $229.00 on PishPosh right now it seems like a great option- but only if there is a bassinet to buy separately.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 10:29 am
rise above wrote:
Is there any bassinet option for the City Versa? At Sale Price: $229.00 on PishPosh right now it seems like a great option- but only if there is a bassinet to buy separately.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....dir=1

amother

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 11:26 am
This thread has a lot of good information! I have the uppa baby vista and it's ok. Any advice on jogging/umbrella strollers? Id love one that could serve as both.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 12:18 pm
amother wrote:
This thread has a lot of good information! I have the uppa baby vista and it's ok. Any advice on jogging/umbrella strollers? Id love one that could serve as both.

Jogging strollers and umbrella strollers are pretty much polar opposites Smile In order to function as a real jogging stroller, you will need something with large air tires, and one front wheel that can lock into place.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 11:33 am
op here. thanks for the replies! where can I get the vista in pink? looking at the cruz and versa but want for newborn also (bassinet).

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 11:36 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
Jogging strollers and umbrella strollers are pretty much polar opposites Smile In order to function as a real jogging stroller, you will need something with large air tires, and one front wheel that can lock into place.

Yeah Im gathering that but id love something as light as possible but that I can still throw in my car and jog with if I drive to a good track. Im thinking about the versa or citi mini gt?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics