Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where to sell diamond ring in Brooklyn, Manhattan, or 5 town

nicole81

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 8:20 am
Can anyone recommend a reputable jeweler that would give a fair price on an engagement ring in any of these locations?

nicole81

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 1:28 pm
bump!

geshmak

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 1:36 pm
Feldman's on 49th Street and 16th Ave may buy it.

Eishes Chaim

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 1:36 pm
How about Feldmans in boro park?

nicole81

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 2:46 pm
thanks for the lead... they only buy the gold. any other ideas?

nicole81

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 8:57 am
I just wanted to update for reference in case anyone is looking to sell in the future.

I sold my ring to White Pine Diamonds (wpdiamonds.com) and they gave me more than we even paid for it! It was a really easy transaction and I fully recommend them.

JewishMommyNYC

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 9:02 am
Wow. That was fast. How on earth did you find them so quickly? Did you shop around much before going there?

nicole81

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 9:17 am
JewishMommyNYC wrote:
Wow. That was fast. How on earth did you find them so quickly? Did you shop around much before going there?

I found them online.

I did a lot of research and spoke to a couple of jewelers, and learned that most places won't accept a stone of my grade (high color but also highly visible inclusions). I was told selling to a private party would by my best option but I didn't want to deal with the hassle. I looked on ebay and saw what similar stones were selling for, and I also know what an acquaintance sold her stone for 3 months ago (same size, great color and clarity) to an independent jeweler.

I entered my stone's specifications online, and the next morning they contacted me. I happened to be working in the city that day so I went down in person and the gemologist looked at the ring. You need to know what you have though (obviously) because the ring was dirty and they told me it was H-color. I insisted it was an E, and they said if I let them remove it from the setting and clean it they would take another look. As soon at it was clean, the gemologist said without hesitation that I was correct and they readjusted their offer. I got a company check and receipt on the spot and it cleared right away.

I think it's smart to shop around if you have the time and patience, of course. I didn't, but I also went in there after a lot of research and a bottom line. Even though I read many reviews of them from people who said they offered the best prices, I was still skeptical. However, not only did they exceed my bottom line, but my purchase price as well. Admittedly, we did get a good deal and it was 10 years ago, but I have never heard of anyone getting more than they paid when reselling!

naomi6

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:17 pm
Streicher in Monsey he's in the Tallman shopping center
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries